Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Hot Wheels Unleashed 2: Turbocharged Leaked By Actual Hot Wheels Car

Just days after announcing that Hot Wheels Unleashed had crashed through two million copies sold to become Milestone’s best-selling game ever, it’s been accidentally revealed that a sequel is in the works — on a diecast model of one of the game’s hero cars...

Last edited:
I hope they do away with the times gated DLC. It's a fun game though. I also wish there was an easier level for kids. It was a wee bit difficult for my 8 yr old

what do you guys think they could add to a sequal? I’ve been trying to think why this could be a worthy buy but if it’s just more cars… I’m not sure if this will work.

what do you guys think they could add to a sequal? I’ve been trying to think why this could be a worthy buy but if it’s just more cars… I’m not sure if this will work.
Love them or hate them, power-ups will certainly give this a differentiating factor compared to the first game. 💭

Semi-openworld exploration, more locations, more track pieces, deeper progression system.

Semi-openworld exploration, more locations, more track pieces, deeper progression system.
Personally I think it could do without open world of any kind. Part of its charm for me was in the old school 'point and go' gameplay. Perhaps an open area or some sort of stunt mode could scratch that itch?

Echoing most others, more locations with stronger variety, more layouts of track, again with more distinction and variation, multiple surfaces, more involving progressions elements, perhaps a take on the dream garage with some deeper customisation elements inspired by different ranges.

Plus of course the obligatory expansion on the car list, would love to see more ranges with real world cars and a more enticing collecting element.

A slightly more refined version with new tracks would be welcome, its a fun title. They could do with getting rid of some of the annoying hazards (spider) and remove timed shop / mystery boxes too.

Personally I think it could do without open world of any kind. Part of its charm for me was in the old school 'point and go' gameplay. Perhaps an open area or some sort of stunt mode could scratch that itch?
I think about 2-4 times larger arenas with hidden collectibles would be enough.

Last game was on Game Pass.

I enjoyed it (and visually it was impressive) but it did have a few flaws.
Multiplayer was barebones and single player became a bit repetitive and grindy.

Trailer hints at a few interesting things, hope this game turns out decent.

Last edited:
They better bring MS-T Suzuka in the game.
hwu2_ms-t_suzuka.jpg

There are also a few other old favorites already revealed apparently. Maelstrom, Splittin' Image II (as in the trailer), and the blue and red Treasure Hunt version of 16 Angels. All the photos are at the bottom of the article here.

Don't know why these aren't on the official website (at least that I can find).

Super hyped for this. I played the ever loving you know what out of Velocity X (and still do), so I'm really happy to see these old favorites come back.

View attachment 1261307
There are also a few other old favorites already revealed apparently. Maelstrom, Splittin' Image II (as in the trailer), and the blue and red Treasure Hunt version of 16 Angels. All the photos are at the bottom of the article here.

Super hyped for this. I played the ever loving you know what out of Velocity X (and still do), so I'm really happy to see these old favorites come back.
Now THAT, is what I'm talking about! So happy to see it in along with HW Prototype 12! (All that's left is Muscle Tone, Evil Twin, Vulture and many more) And yes, I absolutely loved Hot Wheels Veolcity X.

Last edited:
View attachment 1261307

Velocity X throwback! You love to see it! The name itself feels like such a nod to HW:Turbo Racing back in the day.

Edit: Bro... the Prototype 12! Say what?!

Last edited:
The handful of late 2000's models shown so far (2007 Way 2 Fast, 2008 16 Angels, 2009 Splittin' Image II) gives me hope that they'll throw more bones my way in regards to the era of Hot Wheels I care about / grew up with (mid 90's to mid 2000's) as the first game had almost nothing from that era not named Acceleracers (which are fine, we had most of them as kids) but man there's so much more to that era of HW like all the crazy experiments they tried (Toons, Fatbax, Crooze, Blings, Hardnose etc) or simply just all the cool models from back then that are long dead.

Seeing MS-T Suzuka and Maelstrom is cool and all and a great upgrade on oops all character cars (I pray they are way less abundant here) but I do personally wish they were the original tools and such rather than the new hotness, but that might be hard to do with Mattel breathing down your neck. That and I'm basically a Hot Wheels boomer I guess haha. I will never be okay with side pipes Roger Dodger though.

Last edited:
kjb
I am still working my way through the 1st game. This looks interesting though
same lol

The handful of late 2000's models shown so far (2007 Way 2 Fast, 2008 16 Angels, 2009 Splittin' Image II) gives me hope that they'll throw more bones my way in regards to the era of Hot Wheels I care about / grew up with (mid 90's to mid 2000's) as the first game had almost nothing from that era not named Acceleracers (which are fine, we had most of them as kids) but man there's so much more to that era of HW like all the crazy experiments they tried (Toons, Fatbax, Crooze, Blings, Hardnose etc) or simply just all the cool models from back then that are long dead.

Seeing MS-T Suzuka and Maelstrom is cool and all and a great upgrade on oops all character cars (I pray they are way less abundant here) but I do personally wish they were the original tools and such rather than the new hotness, but that might be hard to do with Mattel breathing down your neck. That and I'm basically a Hot Wheels boomer I guess haha. I will never be okay with side pipes Roger Dodger though.
Splittin' Image II is my absolute favorite, so happy its now included 😃

Hopefully this is a progression from the last one, I loved it at the start and then as the obstacles / track design / strict time limits increased I lost interest. There's a fine line between fun and rage quit, snagging on track obstacles and falling off track was leaning towards the latter the deeper you get into the campaign. Lots of potential for the sequel hopefully it will tide us over while waiting for a wreckfest / codies wrc / test drive sequels its been a barren racing game spell.

Back