Hotlap Challenge - Find out where you stand.PS4 

• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 64 comments
Hmmm little progress with some practice (1 hour)

Sunday did a 2.26.400 Mid tyres default setup
Than withsoft tyres 2.25.100 default setup
Now playing with the setup I did a 2.23.166 and 15L off space in the car no help from TC or ABS
Would like to see something in the steady 2.22 and something if possible .

I have put the rearwing on 1 and set the engine limit to 103 and the final gear (topspeed 243 km/h). Yesterday immediately on the first lap I did a low 2.23 with that one. I have tried changing tirepressure and camber a bit but it only made me slower :embarrassed: so I'll leave that to the pro's :lol:

I have put the rearwing on 1 and set the engine limit to 103 and the final gear (topspeed 243 km/h). Yesterday immediately on the first lap I did a low 2.23 with that one. I have tried changing tirepressure and camber a bit but it only made me slower :embarrassed: so I'll leave that to the pro's :lol:
Turning the engine limit up really helps a lot:tup:, and not just in this event. I was struggling in the Lotus Type 49 Special Event at Monza 1966 until I worked out about the limiter, it goes up to 108% for that car:eek:.

Here is my attempt, nothing amazing compared to what you guys can do.

14258186_10205466862869379_3741119975273627856_o.jpg

Ok lets try to go in the 22 toes but don't touch the 2ones yet don't you dare

I think this event has the medals at different times for PC unless I'm choosing the wrong one, gold is set at 2:23, which wouldn't even get a silver for you console guys :lol:.

I don't know where to grab a screenshot from so hopefully this screen will do:

m3e30.jpg

Run using an XB1 controller with no assists. Hope to improve and at least grab that gold :).

You did that with a controller? :bowdown::cheers: If you hadn't mentioned that I never would have known from the video. The RSR Leaderboards on pc for this combo has 49 entries and you'd be in 4th only 0.012 out of third. That's damn impressive!👍👍

I thought PC had updated tire model/physics though?

Great lap:tup: & with the controller:bowdown:. Did you use your own tune or the standard set-up?

I used my own tune, I don't remember what settings I had, but I just ran another few laps with these:

Fuel 10
Aero 3/0
Final ratio 4.2700
Differential 50/10
Soft slicks, tyre pressure 30
Toe 0/1
Ride height -10/0
Springs 140/110
Anti-roll bar 8/6
Bump 4/4
Rebound 5/5

Managed to do another 2:20.7XX even with some mistakes. Note that I don't know much about tuning, I just try different settings and see what works for me.

Awesome time mate!! I do remember seeing your name from the old WRS days and I look forward to giving it a good crack later this week.

Ah, so that's why your name sounded so familiar :lol:

I don't know what version the console is using. Recent updates that corrected some of the tire heating issues helped some cars, but changes to the tire model slowed some cars down or made no difference and not all cars are on the V10 tires yet. Can't say for sure how it's affected this car.

I used my own tune, I don't remember what settings I had, but I just ran another few laps with these:

Fuel 10
Aero 3/0
Final ratio 4.2700
Differential 50/10
Toe 0/1
Ride height -10/0
Springs 140/110
Anti-roll bar 8/6
Bump 4/4
Rebound 5/5

Managed to do another 2:20.7XX even with some mistakes. Note that I don't know much about tuning, I just try different settings and see what works for me.
Thanks for sharing:tup::cheers:. Seems like you're in the same boat as me when it comes to tuning... except you are doing it better:).

That's pretty much where myself and some others near the top of the table started time wise. Keep practising and your times will fall. :cheers:

Props to whom suggested turning up the engine too 👍. Now running mine at 103% also. @doblocruiser

I'll add your time to the leaderboard but just double check you are doing it in the special events, the time / track temperatures are not the same as the rest of us, which can play a role in the times being consistent. No big deal though 👍

Fuel 10
Aero 3/0
Final ratio 4.2700
Differential 50/10
Toe 0/1
Ride height -10/0
Springs 140/110
Anti-roll bar 8/6
Bump 4/4
Rebound 5/5

Ah, so that's why your name sounded so familiar :lol:

Thanks for sharing your tune, its far more aggressive than what I was using which makes it a bit of a double edged sword :lol:. My first lap was a 2'21.5 then I finally put together a few good sectors and ran a 2'20.904. Still leaving another .3 - .5 out there for my perfect run but certainly getting somewhere in terms of understanding how to drive fast in this game.

The other massive tip I got from your video was holding 3rd in those slower sections (first and last sectors), I think that + the 103% engine really gained me a lot of time vs my previous attempts, so big thanks for sharing your video mate 👍

Awesome fun :D :cheers:

Been trying a couple of special events lately. 2:21.847 using the event settings for the track. Everything else off, H&T with the G27. Not my favourite track but I love this car and any of the older cars really. It's nice how you can bring the back end around when needed using just weight shift or throttle and the grip falloff is so gradual just like cars of the era. Didn't do much with the tune except for lowering the rear aero by a click and fiddling with the transmission. Still not happy with the ratios but not a lot of workable options there, for me at least.

Been trying a couple of special events lately. 2:21.847 using the event settings for the track. Everything else off, H&T with the G27. Not my favourite track but I love this car and any of the older cars really. It's nice how you can bring the back end around when needed using just weight shift or throttle and the grip falloff is so gradual just like cars of the era. Didn't do much with the tune except for lowering the rear aero by a click and fiddling with the transmission. Still not happy with the ratios but not a lot of workable options there, for me at least.
Solid start 👍 , Did you increase the engine to 103% and use the Soft tyres? The increased engine allows you to run one click lower on the final drive in the transmission (just hits the rev limiter down back hanger? straight) which then makes 3rd gear a great option for the tighter stuff 👍

Looks to me at least 2:19 is possible going by fastest video so far. May give it a go if I get console version, not anytime soon though.
I'm not sure if its possible for me to run a 2'19 but the top echelon of aliens could certainly run one for sure.

My lap and setup for the Ferrari FXX K round SPA. Got a bronze but could shave 2 - 3 seconds off as you can see from the replay

I'm not sure if its possible for me to run a 2'19 but the top echelon of aliens could certainly run one for sure.
Maybe if you're sober or more drunk you might do it. ;)

I installed my GTX 1060 in my PC this evening, gave this event a go but struggling to do a lap due to braking instability. Lost the rear in final heavy braking zone (Heart rate was rising a lot too which didn't help approach, I'm no alien), otherwise might have got into the 2:19's. So close yet so far. I think it was last year when I played AC last with a wheel so probably a bit rusty still, hopefully I'll get there. An excellent setup here should help a lot to get into lower 2:19 times.

Edit: Looks like short break helped, didn't take too long to get into the 2:19's (2:19.862 (PC 1.8.1 (V7 Tyre Model))). Dropped about half a second but still reasonable enough time while remaining fun. Used no driving aids. Probably 2:18's possible for the aliens or maybe even lower.

BMW M3 Group A Challenge.png

Uploaded video, setup shown near end of it. Hopefully it helps.

Last edited:
How's it going? Long time no see you. :cheers:

I gave this TT a try and got a 2:19.167 , same event settings as Saidur but with these car settings:

Code:
[GEARSET]
VALUE=0
[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=10

[TYRES]
VALUE=0
[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=29

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=29

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=29

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=29

[FUEL]
VALUE=1

[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=6

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=10

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=160

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=3

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=160

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=3

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=120

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=5

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=120

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=5

[WING_1]
VALUE=3

[WING_2]
VALUE=0

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-45

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=7

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-45

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=7

[CAMBER_LR]
VALUE=-25

[TOE_OUT_LR]
VALUE=7

[CAMBER_RR]
VALUE=-25

[TOE_OUT_RR]
VALUE=7

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=2

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=2

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=3

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=3

[DIFF_POWER]
VALUE=65

[DIFF_COAST]
VALUE=50

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=70

[ENGINE_LIMITER]
VALUE=103

[CAR]
MODEL=bmw_m3_e30_gra
I think a faster driver and a better setup would lead him/her to a mid or low 2:18

Here's the replay ...

Last edited:

I gave this TT a try and got a 2:19.167 , same event settings as Saidur but with these car settings:

Code:
[GEARSET]
VALUE=0
[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=10

[TYRES]
VALUE=0
[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=29

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=29

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=29

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=29

[FUEL]
VALUE=1

[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=6

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=10

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=160

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=3

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=160

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=3

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=120

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=5

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=120

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=5

[WING_1]
VALUE=3

[WING_2]
VALUE=0

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-45

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=7

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-45

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=7

[CAMBER_LR]
VALUE=-25

[TOE_OUT_LR]
VALUE=7

[CAMBER_RR]
VALUE=-25

[TOE_OUT_RR]
VALUE=7

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=2

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=2

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=3

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=3

[DIFF_POWER]
VALUE=65

[DIFF_COAST]
VALUE=50

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=70

[ENGINE_LIMITER]
VALUE=103

[CAR]
MODEL=bmw_m3_e30_gra
I think a faster driver and a better setup would lead him/her to a mid or low 2:18

I'll try to upload a replay video but I don't know how to record it so it will take a while.
Welcome back to :gtplanet:. Good to see you and Dion back hot lapping. Did your wife learn Arabic, does it take long to learn?

Will try and give it a go later out of curiosity with the same setup and see if I can hit similar first and last sectors while keeping middle sector speed up. I started off somewhere probably in the 2:34's but found not going backwards into corners helped. :lol: Getting into 2:19's at time was a reasonable improvement.

Wonder if 2:17's are possible, remember pCARS time trials and that the top eSport teams found incredible amount of time through setup.

She studied for five years, but actually she left it, she said it was too difficult.

With that setup and a bit more finesse I bet you'll be in the 2:18's

What kind of settings do you have in your G27? I saw in your video you're making steering wheel corrections very often, as if you had set your steering wheel with way less than 900º

She studied for five years, but actually she left it, she said it was too difficult.

With that setup and a bit more finesse I bet you'll be in the 2:18's

What kind of settings do you have in your G27? I saw in your video you're making steering wheel corrections very often, as if you had set your steering wheel with way less than 900º
Sounds difficult.

I tried the setup and it's amazing, thanks for that. Looking at delta, I think I can be potentially be 8-9 tenths up versus old time half way through lap with still a lot to make up in last sector. Keep on messing up last sector though, a bump catches me out often but I'm hoping if it works out, I will be a lot closer in final sector to you and may get into the 2:18's. Even managed to improve to 2:19.737 with a shocking last sector and a so so middle sector.

I use 900 degrees, can post up screenshots later of in-game and Logitech profile settings if you like. I just drive ragged because the car feels like it wants to kill me so I feel like I have to force the time out of it. Seems to work, I try and get it to as low steering input as much as possible to aid traction.

Code:
[GEARSET]
VALUE=0
[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=10

[TYRES]
VALUE=0
[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=29

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=29

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=29

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=29

[FUEL]
VALUE=1

[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=6

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=10

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=160

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=3

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=160

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=3

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=120

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=5

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=120

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=5

[WING_1]
VALUE=3

[WING_2]
VALUE=0

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-45

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=7

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-45

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=7

[CAMBER_LR]
VALUE=-25

[TOE_OUT_LR]
VALUE=7

[CAMBER_RR]
VALUE=-25

[TOE_OUT_RR]
VALUE=7

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=2

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=2

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=3

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=1

[DAMP_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=3

[DIFF_POWER]
VALUE=65

[DIFF_COAST]
VALUE=50

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=70

[ENGINE_LIMITER]
VALUE=103

[CAR]
MODEL=bmw_m3_e30_gra

Here's the replay ...

Welcome back Ramon!!! Its been a very long time indeed :cheers:

I completly forgot about this thread / been busy the past week with work!! I'll update the leaderboard now and try your settings on the weekend. Thanks very much for posting them up 👍

Welcome back to :gtplanet:. Good to see you and Dion back hot lapping. Did your wife learn Arabic, does it take long to learn?

Will try and give it a go later out of curiosity with the same setup and see if I can hit similar first and last sectors while keeping middle sector speed up. I started off somewhere probably in the 2:34's but found not going backwards into corners helped. :lol: Getting into 2:19's at time was a reasonable improvement.

Wonder if 2:17's are possible, remember pCARS time trials and that the top eSport teams found incredible amount of time through setup.

Thanks mate!! :cheers:

@Small_Fryz update the OP? I want my name on the honorary board :D

Sorry!!!

I've been slack!!

EDIT, Board updated, should be accurate :D

Some very good times have been posted and its quite an impressive turn out!!
Look forward to getting some more miles under my belt and hopefully finding another second or so!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back