How about a "Virtual Track Day"?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FastEddie12
  • 65 comments
  • 2,175 views
Also my Idea for classification

1.Aspiration

NA cars
Turbo Cars
Supercharged

2.Horsepower

0 - 100
100 - 149
150 - 199
200 - 249
250 - 299
300 - 350
350+(but i think that cars with more hp than this should not be included,just supercars)

3.Layout
FF
FR/MR/RR
4WD

4.Mods

-No Tuning
-Street Tuning
-Sport Tuning
-Race Tuning


5.Age
- 1960
1960 - 1970
1970 - 1980
1980 - 1990
1990 - 2000 +

6.Weight

- 1000kg
1000kg +

7.Style

UK Leightweights
JDM cars
Supercars
European cars
US Muscles
US & Australian cars


This is in progress,modify this list please,this is just for orientating pruposes ;)
 
This is looking interesting, count me in to play.

Track wise I agree with the suggestions put up so far and personally would have no objection to some of the 'original' tracks being included as long as the city tracks are kept out.

Also for us Brits you have to have Tsukuba wet used at least once, after all we get used to the rain.

LOL

Scaff
 
OK, thats great. We should just pick one of those to get this started. In essence, we are starting our own series like they are organized in the game. We dont even have to divide the classes by horsepower. We can divide them just out of a group of similar cars with similar performance.
 
arbath kinda dont agree with some of those as youve missed out like us and more euro cars,for example german cars are popular for trackdays,for example vw golfs are popular,same as bmw M3's and audi S/RS's
 
Scaff
Also for us Brits you have to have Tsukuba wet used at least once, after all we get used to the rain.

LOL

Scaff

:lol: :lol: It's in!

I've had an idea for the numbers: divisions which subdivide into classes. Classes are only "activated" if there are 4 or more cars, otherwise those cars are entered just into the division. I'll explain more later.

Ed
 
Sorry for that,as i sayed,nice to see some corrections
But again,i think that the JDM`s and Euro`s could be in same class,but the Uk leightweights and supercars,not a chance.

EDIT:Yeah,that`s good,the class with most of competitors that regulates will be active class 👍

IE:1.R34 2.EVO7 3.RX7 4.NSX slightly tuned

Active Class: JDM 300 - 350hp Street Tuning Mixed Drivetrains.

Again post comments and suggestions

The main prupose is that first: competitors post their cars,and than the cars should be divided to classes or something like that.
 
Sorry, I'm feeling stupid, I'm normally at work at this time: which are the "JDM cars"? :dunce:

That's a mass of classes, Abarth, I'm going to pick and choose from that lot. Thanks for the help, though.

Current rules now in first post.
 
Japan Domestic Market,cars build in Japan with 280hp max regulations

EDIT:Also i would like to know,how many cars can you "bring" on track day?
 
Thanks, Abarth.

I reckon 3 cars each, but from different divisions. There will be 4 divisions: Classics, Budget (1980-1989), Modern (1990+), and Millionaires (C100,000+). This will allow people to enter their dream car as well as a more everyday car. I'm going to allow more initial tuning in the Budget division to try to produce some giant killers :sly:
 
And yeah,again,what about tuning cars?
 
i would say on tuning if a car is n/a then it has to stay n/a as changing it to a turbo is expensive in real life and then with the rest of the tunning just keep it basic,i.e no racing suspension or gearbox mods,maybe only allow up to stage 1 turbo to get it fair with n/a cars
 
Actually i meant the Manafacturer Tuning Cars,like Nismo,Mugen,HPA etc.
 
They're tricky. Some are more or less race cars in disguise (Amuse 2000GT1) and shouldn't be in. Others are exactly the sort of car you would expect to see at a track day (Amuse S2000 Street Version). I'm inclined not to let them in: they are essentially pre-tuned cars that take away part of the challenge. Besides, there are plenty of other cars to choose from.

Any thoughts?
 
gooseter
This one has FM radio, and remote control, for $150. How much is the Leadtek one that you're describing?



I agree with MVTEC on this one, N2O shouldn't be allowed, as I don't think it is in the spirit of the competition.

It would seem that there is enough interest to perhaps run a test series, but before that could happen we would need to establish a ruling body of a few members to keep things organised, but ultimately it's FastEddie12's call obviously.

Leadtek is way much cheaper than USB's. Check on Tigerdirect.com: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=26375&CatId=1427
 
FastEddie12
And thanks Goose, I was hoping you'd be putting your hand up:) welcome aboard! :cheers: BTW I'm pretty rubbish at computers:scared: , so if you can deal with the video and picture side of verification, I'd be grateful. I don't want to have a heavy handed approach to this, though, and I don't want to exclude those (like me :dunce: )who can't upload a video. I'm thinking entrants must provide a top speed figure from the test track along with exact set-up. This will give an idea of power that we can verify. Or maybe (and I'm making this up as I go along) a speedo figure from the end of the main straight? If they're cheating, I think it would show up :odd: . Do you do a lot of OLR?

Ed

well . . verification is always a tricky thing . . if someone wants to cheat . . well there is not much you ca do . .

but hey . . trackdays are not about having the best time . . it's about having fun!!

FastEddie12
They're tricky. Some are more or less race cars in disguise (Amuse 2000GT1) and shouldn't be in. Others are exactly the sort of car you would expect to see at a track day (Amuse S2000 Street Version). I'm inclined not to let them in: they are essentially pre-tuned cars that take away part of the challenge. Besides, there are plenty of other cars to choose from.

Any thoughts?

I see it the same way . . 👍
 
FastEddie12
FastEddie:
Abarth, I'd also like a separate class for FF (you'll be glad to hear, looking at your sig), as they have a severe disadvantage in GT4, and I'm sure people would like to use them.

I don't think FF's have severe disadvantage as I drive ****loads of them and drive them really nice. It's just a matter of settings and driving skills. Most of the people must be FR drivers if they have problems with FF's. That's my opinion tho...


As for the track list, I'd say all the World tracks, in order to provide a bigger variety then just 3 or 4.







Oh well guys, I can't wait for the competition to be made-up so I could race. I CAN'T WAIT :D
 
Il faut te patienter, mon pote, ca arrive! :sly:

I'm just going to go with 5 tracks to start with, to see how it all pans out.

So far:
Suzuka West Course
Laguna Seca
Tsukuba Wet
Infineon Sportscar Course
Nurburgring

As far as FF goes, they aren't hard to drive as such, just slow: they understeer too much. Any serious investigation I've seen came to the conclusion that lower powered cars (esp FF cars) are at a disadvantage in GT4 compared to RL, and I've yet to find a driver who can go faster in an FF than an FR when power and weight are equal. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80519

So they need their own class.
 
FastEddie12
Il faut te patienter, mon pote, ca arrive! :sly:

As far as FF goes, they aren't hard to drive as such, just slow: they understeer too much. Any serious investigation I've seen came to the conclusion that lower powered cars (esp FF cars) are at a disadvantage in GT4 compared to RL, and I've yet to find a driver who can go faster in an FF than an FR when power and weight are equal. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80519

So they need their own class.

This is so not true. Am I the only one who knows how to tune an FF ??? lol

I'd say, put more time into tuning an FF, and you'll arrive to something that really owns. Also, they may be slow, but the little FF's got an advantage on big FR cars, they got low weight ;)


YOU SPEAK FRENCH ??? C'est bien alors ;)


Alright, we're off-topic, let's stop that lol
 
Looking at the first post, I noticed it didn't mention anything about a control tire. I was just wondering if you still plan on using that. If you do, you should have a different one for some of the different divisions.
 
Bah, oui! Avec un petit accent Toulousain! :sly:


OK, sub-divisions and classes. This is harder than it looks. A bit of a pain, in fact.
Classics Division: by engine size:
<999cc
1000cc<1999cc
2000cc<
We may need a '70s subdivision

Budget Division (1980-1989):Sub divisions by drivetrain:
FF
4WD
FR/MR/RR to be divided by bhp:
0-200bhp
201-340bhp
340+bhp
This in effect segregates the Rufs, which is nice, and also the rally derived 4WDs, which I would subdivide into 2 classes: Group B, and Group N, which separates the specialist 206T16 & RS200 from the more ordinary cars such as the Celica GT4 and Galant VR-4. I would also invite the Lancia Delta Integrale '91 and the '91 Celica (the ugly one) into this group, as they would be lost among the more modern 4wds.

You should also get some healthy competition between the drivetrains, especially in the 201-340bhp bracket, with the Lotus Esprit and the 300ZX '89 in the frame.
 
FastEddie12
Bah, oui! Avec un petit accent Toulousain! :sly:


OK, sub-divisions and classes. This is harder than it looks. A bit of a pain, in fact.
Classics Division: by engine size:
<999cc
1000cc<1999cc
2000cc<
We may need a '70s subdivision

Budget Division (1980-1989):Sub divisions by drivetrain:
FF
4WD
FR/MR/RR to be divided by bhp:
0-200bhp
201-340bhp
340+bhp
This in effect segregates the Rufs, which is nice, and also the rally derived 4WDs, which I would subdivide into 2 classes: Group B, and Group N, which separates the specialist 206T16 & RS200 from the more ordinary cars such as the Celica GT4 and Galant VR-4. I would also invite the Lancia Delta Integrale '91 and the '91 Celica (the ugly one) into this group, as they would be lost among the more modern 4wds.

FR and MR can be divided

Tell me about it...
 
Boogieman
Tsukuba Circuit


Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91

Exhaust: Semi-racing
Racing-Chip: Sports
NA-Tuning: None
Tire Type: N3
Nitrous: None
Turbine Kit: None
Intercooler: None
Supercharger: None
Brakes: Normal
Brake controller: None
Suspension: Semi-racing
Transmission: Standard
Clutch: Standard
Flywheel: Standard
Carbon Driveshaft: None
Driving Aids: 0/0/0
Downforce: 0
Limited-slip: Standard
AYC Controller: None
Variable Center Diff.: Standard
Weight Balance: 0/0

Port Polish: None
Engine Balancing: None
Displacement UP: None
Weight Reduction: Stage 1
Increase Rigidity: None
Rigidity Refresher Plan: None

Oil change: yes


Power: 260HP
Weight: 1328kg
Power Weight Ratio: 5.028

1'09.993

boy that was a fight to get it under 1'10 . . :D

maybe an Idea how to post specs, picture and time :scared:

hmm . . unlsee we have 200ppl coming to the track day . . we never gat all the Sub divisions covered . .
 
Boogieman
hmm . . unlsee we have 200ppl coming to the track day . . we never gat all the Sub divisions covered . .

Don't...It gets worse in the Modern Division:ouch: . But that's where the "class activation" thing comes in - if there are only 3 4Wds, they race with everyone else in the budget division. Once there are 4 they have their own class.

Tyres: I think we decided a control tyre WAS a good idea :odd: and we went for S1s. It'll be in the first post soon.

Ed
 
Whell,i tuned the same car as you did Boogieman,and pulled 1`09.494 on first lap,the car is easy driveable on N3`s and without aids,good choice,i would tune up simmilar car in that range and that`s where track day starts 👍,it is not cool to use the same car and setup :D

EDIT:this was one stupid thing from me,i`m competitive to soon :D
 
Abarth, as one of our stewards, could you check over the rules in post#1 and see if I've left anything out etc?

I'll crack on with these classes :yuck:

Let's get this show on the road.:cheers:
 
a112 abarth
Whell,i tuned the same car as you did Boogieman,and pulled 1`09.494 on first lap,

I always knew I suck . . . . but hey . . it's like sex . . I'm really bad at it . . but it's still fun . . :D

ok . . back to topic:
hey ed: the rules look awesome . . when does it start . .??? :drool:

edit: how about Weight Reduction?? . . should we restrict that too? maybe to stage 1 . . if you still wanna drive your car on the road you should have some comfort . . :D
 
Ed,all is 👍
The best qoute is:
The Volvo 240GLT is also banned as it is not in the spirit of the competition and it&#8217;s butt ugly :D:D

@Boogieman:nevermind,there is always someone faster(than anybody),it is about fun more than speed 👍

Let`s ride,shall we?

One more question:can we in the middle of series change the car,but put on mods like on the car before?
Probably not :D
 
Nearly done. Go and practice for a while. You know the rules. I'll post the proper competition in OLR series forum.👍

Modern Division: subdivisions as follows:
FF
Sports (2seaters)
Sports coupes
Sports saloons
US & Aus Muscle

FF subdivision: classes as follows:
0-99bhp;
100-179bhp;
180+bhp;

This separates old school Civic type R from '01 Type R and other modern hatches. Good class for Clio 172 too.

Sports (2seaters): classes as follows:
<850kg
851<1200kg
1200kg+
The middle class will be dominated by TVRs, the super lightweight class includes Opel Speedster & Vauxhall VX220
 
Back