How are you doing the A-Spec Enduros?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wedge598
  • 41 comments
  • 2,678 views
Messages
93
Messages
Wedge598
I see a lot of people talk about how they have run through some of the A-spec endurance races. So I know someone is doing them. My quesiton is though how are you doing it? Did you sit down all at one time? Did you take breaks? Are you pausing the game for extended periods of time so you can come back and finish another day?

If I were lucky I might find a 4 hour block where I could sit down and try one of the early ones. But to do anything longer I think it's nearly impossible. With family life and work it would take me over a week to run a 24hr race.
 
me too, the max i can drive by myself is 4 hour enduros. I did complete the 9 hr or the 500 mile enduros, but not doing it alone, take turn with my brother or friend.

I guess the name endurance speak for themself...... you really need to sacrifice some of your time for that.
 
i'm not gonna mess with any of that stuff, including any Formula cars, until i can score a wheel controller. don't wanna ruin cool parts of the game by missing out while i'm stuck with a dual shock.
 
I've been able to do all the ones up until now (Nurburgring 4H) in one shot. The 9 and 24 hour ones will be done in 4-6 stints with an hour break in between. The only problem I seem to have is stiff shoulder muscles after 4 hours or so.
 
Last edited:
used to work 10 hour shifts at a computer, and really enjoyed listening to audio books while working, have decided that since the racing doesnt require any brain power, can easily listen to a few books while racing the enduros. Plan on doing them for as long as im not hungry.
 
I am currently doing le-mans 24 hours with 2 other people, we are gunna do 6 hours each in 2 hour stints and a 6 hour rest at the end since we'll be far enough ahead in the X1, takes devoted GT5 fanatics to do it though
 
I am currently doing le-mans 24 hours with 2 other people, we are gunna do 6 hours each in 2 hour stints and a 6 hour rest at the end since we'll be far enough ahead in the X1, takes devoted GT5 fanatics to do it though

How can you drive the X2010 that long? Maybe it helps that it's LeMans and not Nurburgring. After awhile if I'm driving on anything besides an oval in that car, I get sick. :crazy:
 
Just did a 4 hour race on Wednesday, and I paused it several times. I started with a 90 minute stint, and the next time I came back, it was just a 10 minute drive. Did a few smaller drives, left for a while for a change of pace (Forza), ate some dinner, and came back to it for the last 90 minutes.

So, not really a plan, more like what I felt like doing at the time.
 
How can you drive the X2010 that long? Maybe it helps that it's LeMans and not Nurburgring. After awhile if I'm driving on anything besides an oval in that car, I get sick. :crazy:

Why?
 
Up to and including the 9hr Tsukuba; approx 1 hour stints + pause + resume.
 
I haven't gotten this far but I have a question. Can you exit the game or do you have to leave it on pause between sessions? We use the PS3 for watching Netflix so my wife won't be too thrilled if it is out of commission for a few days while i run an enduro in 2hr blocks.
 
You can't exit or save or turn off your PS3 unless you want to start all over again.
 
Until they fix it, so that we can save, I'm not even going to think about doing the big ones.
 
Until they fix it, so that we can save, I'm not even going to think about doing the big ones.

That would really be an awesome improvement to the game. I would love to do the 24 hour endurances, but my life simply won't allow me to... And I'm certainly not the only one...
 
Like many of you I don't have much time to play this game. However the endurance races are my favorite part and I completely plan on doing a 24hr endurance race solo in a single sitting. I'm only LVL 28 now so I have some time before getting to 35 and opening up the LeMans race.

Once I get there however the race will start at 2am on a friday night and end at 2am saturday night to minimize disruption of regular sleep pattern. I will use a LMP car and I'll disable the pause button. I will drive for a solid 24 hours straight without pause; i'll park the car during the breaks I need to take, including sleep (hopefully none) and eating (hopefully a lot :)). I obviously won't dominate, and it's highly unlikely that i'll even have a podium finish but i'm more interested in knowing how my body and mind will behave under the conditions.

My girlfriend thinks I'm an idiot.
 
Last edited:
My girlfriend thinks I'm an idiot.
Me too, but I want to see how it turns out! :) Best of luck to you, that's gonna be quite a job. I admire your determination. :)

Allowing a game save would be fantastic during an endurance event. I mean, then you can turn off the PS3, or use it to play a different game, or watcha movie, or whatever. Not having the save just unnecessarily hogs the PS3, or runs it longer than it needs to.

If it was done like the championships are, the next time you load the game under your profile, you'd just pick up where you left off. Maybe give an option to quit the endurance race, or something.
 
I basically just sit down and mash out as many laps or as long as I can before having to take a break. Once my first break has been taken it will usually take me a long time to finish the race, thats why i try to accomplish a lot in the first stint. I have completed everything except the 9hr and 24hrs ones so far. I just break when ever i get tired and do something else, but come back to the race eventually.
 
I do once a week the 4h Nurburgring - it gives 500.000 pts
So there is no rush for me to get to lvl 40
im currently lvl 38
 
In GT1, I was able to do the 3 endurance races in one sitting, and I plan do to do the same thing in GT5 with the shorter ones such as the Grand Valley and Laguna Seca race for example. But as said before, I'm not even going to touch the 24h races until they give us a save option.
 
start early in the morning
take 10 - 30 min breaks every pit stop
 
For those having serious thoughts of taking on the 24h A-Spec races, here's some advice. This helped me to finish the 24h Circuit de la Sarthe.
24h races are just plain tiresome, but you can do it this way with ease:

1. Get 1-3 friends, who know how to use break and throttle and possibly steering.
2. Take 3 hour turns
3. Have bathroom brake during switches
4. EAT! It's important to keep your energy levels high
5. Drink, but don't drink and drive. Yea, seriously, don't.
6. Do not harass your teammates. You wouldn't harass a real driver, now would you?
7. If you wish, you can sing good ol' singalongs, especially during Circuit de la Sarthe, since you don't really need to concentrate. This keeps your minds awake.
8. Move your TV and console to a cool place, open a window or something.
9. When driving, aim for the best laptime, this will keep you and your team awake and will give you a reason to keep on.
10. If you try to drive for more than 3 hours you'll find yourself driving like a B-Bob w/o Physical/Mental strength, so don't overdrive.

This helped me with 24h races back in the days of GT4 and with GT5.
Hope this helps you. ^_^

~FF
 
Last edited:
I personally think the endurance events are the most useless part of the game. I don't understand in a single player game why the race length is so long. Rela life events that are over 4 hours almost always include a team of drivers. So, I would much rather see the long endurance events replaced by more realistic event with lengths that are run by 1 driver. Events that mirror the length of races in F1, SuperGT, DTM, etc. would be better to me. Even NASCAR races at 4 hours are really too long when you are doing more than turning left.

With all that said, I am not ever planning on doing any of the endurance events that are longer than 4 hours. I realize it means that I may never reach higher levels and that is disappointing. At least the seasonal events will give me a chance at reaching those lofty levels.
 
You don't have to race the full 4, 9, or 24hr. Use the fastest car. Then lap the field as many times as possible. Once you're many laps ahead and need to take a break figure out how many minutes ahead you are. This will let you know how long you can step away with car parked and game still running. Just make sure you're back before the field catches back up. With the X2010 you can make the races a lot shorter than you actually have to race.
 
I've done Indy and I'll do Grand Valley. I might even do some of the 4 hours if my faughter goes to sleep early and I'm off work the next day. Outside of that I simply cannot do the other events without a save option. I don't think I can B-Spec the last two championships without a save option either. I just don't have the time.
 
You don't have to race the full 4, 9, or 24hr. Use the fastest car. Then lap the field as many times as possible. Once you're many laps ahead and need to take a break figure out how many minutes ahead you are. This will let you know how long you can step away with car parked and game still running. Just make sure you're back before the field catches back up. With the X2010 you can make the races a lot shorter than you actually have to race.

No offense to anyone that wants to do it this way. But to me that's a total waste of time. What fun would the race be if you aren't actually racing. You are simply doing endless laps.
 
No offense to anyone that wants to do it this way. But to me that's a total waste of time. What fun would the race be if you aren't actually racing. You are simply doing endless laps.

Wait I thought the watse of time was the 24 hours you have to race.

I think the idea of using the X2010 to lap the pack and run down the clock is brilliant.
Short endurance races are easy enough to sit through in a normal car, but not a 24 hour race where you'd have to run the whole length of the race.
 
For authenticity, I think the best approach is to get some friends to help. However in lieu of that, i would consider pausing and picking it up later to be a viable alternative, moreso than picking an over powered car and lapping the pack until you are so far in the lead that it doesn't matter if you park in the pits for 5 minutes to hit the bathroom.
 
I did the first one earlier, if you have a fairly fast car (I used the Alfa 155) you can do a lap in about 2 minutes. So it took just over 2 hours.

I stopped maybe for 15 minutes to have a drink.

It's gonna be a while before I start to tackle the longer races.
 
start early in the morning
take 10 - 30 min breaks every pit stop

Good plan its what I've done up to now( ready for 9hrs Tsukuba). some other suggestions include getting ahead and practising your PIT manouver, listening to music etc to relieve boredom which is the biggest challenge for me
 
I Even NASCAR races at 4 hours are really too long when you are doing more than turning left.

And what? Ovals are easy for 4+ Hours?

Is *that* why certain drivers are petitioning for shorter Oval races, they are too easy?
 
Back