How are you doing the A-Spec Enduros?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wedge598
  • 41 comments
  • 2,678 views
And what? Ovals are easy for 4+ Hours?

Is *that* why certain drivers are petitioning for shorter Oval races, they are too easy?

No. I was saying that even NASCAR races at 400+ miles and 4+ hours are to long.

I think that most DTM, SuperGT, and F1 races are 300km or less. That seems about right to me. I was really saying that what I would like to see is endurance races that are about the length of full races in the various series that I mentioned. It is OK to have a 9hour or 24 hour race, but as a single player, completeing them by yourself is a bit unrealistic.
 
The game promotes social gaming. It has online, and seperated B-Spec.

24 hours alone might be unrealistic. 24 hours spread across three or four people is entirely realistic.

I hate the new racing of this generation. Stupid rules designed to tighten up the packs, make less skilled drivers faster, shorter races in Endurance racing series.

PD is the only people willing to do a single sitting 24 hour race. I find that refreshing.
 
Ive done the first 4 endurance races all in one sitting but they only last 1:30:00 to 2:30:00 at the most and have a quick drink in the pit lane.

I hardly ever sleep and its boring watching the shopping channels so getting the endurance races out the way is a good thing 👍

Right now im doing 1000km Suzuka (172 laps) and im just having a break after 80 laps (2:06:433) so about another 2 and a half hours :(
 
Just this minute finished Indy 500, what a drag! Gran valley I enjoyed as I had fair competition with the AI all the way round. I can't wait to unlock the 24 hours races but need to find so friends who can drive on GT, or train my wife!
(I do all races in one sitting)
 
I ve done the enduros up to and including the Suzuka 1000. The trick is to keep it interesting and competitive. I can't remember what car I used for suzuka, but I won by only 32 sec. Generally I will pause while pitting to have a smoke, drink whatever, and if sleep is needed for work or family etc, it gets paused until I can pick it up again. In real life, no-one races for 24 hours straight, so I don't see why I should in GT. What I would like to see is the ability to pit for a driver change, and be able to send the race to a PSN buddy for them to run a stint. Split the prize and points. To me, this seems the easiest most realistic way to run them.
 
PD is the only people willing to do a single sitting 24 hour race. I find that refreshing.

What they did is just set the timer to 24 hrs. You can do the same in GTR2 or Rfactor.
 
I use a competitive 4wd car and when I have a good lead, set the drive split to 10/90 and drift the corners.
 
Suzuka really was a lot of work! Did that in the Mazda Furai so it wasn't too bad because it is a very easy car to drive plus it was light and I got 20+ lap runs with it.

Nurburgring I really did enjoy, did the four hours in one hour sittings, had a little break inbetween. Don't have time to be spending four hours on it atm though unforunately :( Had a look at Tsukuba 9-Hour the other day but I can't shorten the race enough to make it seem worthwhile. I estimated the AI in that race would probably run between 530 - 540 laps, so to achieve that with anything else (other than an X1) leaves me at about eight nd a half hours ... So I need a save function for that.
 
only endurances i like are Laguna Seca 200 miles which i did with viper , and Nurburgring 4h which i did with m3, and i would have no problem doing them again

rest of them i didnt do (9h and 24h ones), and have no plans to do them, unless they impliment some change there via save/bob driving ect..
 
I completed the Grand Valley Speedway 100km & got a load of XP to boost me, but the Credits is very subpar. I think I'm going to do the Indy 500 very soon as I get the XJ13 Race Car & possibly more loads of XP.
 
What they did is just set the timer to 24 hrs. You can do the same in GTR2 or Rfactor.

Rfactor has horrendous AI. GTR2 has the Dynamic weather and light changes, but not the detail and cars.

Also, GT5 is a console game. Comparing it to PC games is pointless.
 
Grand Valley, Laguna Seca and Indy take between 2-2 1/2 hours to complete, so one sitting is easy. 4 hour races are ok, just try to beat your fastest lap to make the race less boring.
 
Back