How are you guys > Leveling and earning credits?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReiszRie
  • 34 comments
  • 2,363 views
Messages
20
Messages
ReiszRie
As above... i've been grinding for weeks and i'm only at level 23 with 1.3m CR and 60 cars with every championship race (Polyphony Cup) giving a meager amount of EXP and CR for 30mins of my time, i'm developing a phobia of GT5 xD

so how are you guys earning EXP & CR in GT5? my best car is a Toyota Minolta 88 (Prize Car)
 
your next lvl 24 dream car championship!

i race that over and over or just the indy track on same dream series
 
your next lvl 24 dream car championship!

i race that over and over or just the indy track on same dream series

is it easy to finish first with a Toyota Minolta 88? i'm not exactly awesome with my driving skills in GT5



i
 
Dream Car Championship (Level 24) is the best race series for cash, however when you get into the enduros they are much faster for EXP grinding. The best car is obviously an X2010, if you can bronze the Vettel Challenge when it unlocks, or hit B-spec lvl 35 you get one free. However if you want to keep it a challenge, you can do it in any of the cars such as the Minolta, 787B, R92CP, Sauber Mercedes C9 and many more of these type of cars theres dozens, or an FGT if you need a bit more help.

Also, may i be the first person to congratulate you for not being an SS7 abuser :)
 
wait till u get to lvl 32 then u wish the ss7 still existed
total needed here roughly 1.800.000 xp

u can imagine how long it takes to get to lvl 33 by doing races that give 15.000 xp
 
I've been grinding in both A and B-spec to the point i am now physically sick of grinding. I'm at 32 on A-spec and have only done the first enduro (the 60 lap one, i forget the name) 38.5 on B-spec with only one 24hr enduro left but i am no way going to be grinding B-spec to level 40 just for 1 race anymore because i just dont get the PS3 long enough to keep grinding any race except Tsukuba 9hour.

I'm low on credits and there are a bunch of 10+ million credit cars i want to buy (not X2010's, i have 1 which i won in a race and that's good enough) but can't see that happening due to the 1 mil send restriction...unless they do something radical like...GET RID OF THIS STUPID LEVELLING SYSTEM AND MAKE LICENCES MEAN SOMETHING AGAIN...OH WAIT! that would require about 5 times more events than we currently have...

Oh well...i'll be forever playing seasonals for pittance in the hopes i will someday have enough for those expensive cars, But i wont hold my breath, GT6 or maybe even 7 will probably be out on the PS4 or 5 by then :sick:
 
Last edited:
Another very easy way is letting your Bob race the DCC in B-spec = about 800.000cr in 1hr. If you don't have an X2010 try to get an FGT, but the Minolta Toyota should be good enough in terms of "fire and forget" 👍
 
Dcc?

LOL, Dont worry, DCC=Dream Car Championship.

Nope, wont be doing that either.
 
Many people here have been playing flat out since release day, a month or 2 back they were giving out massive money and xp from the seasonal events, until people complained and they chopped it down bigtime. People generally repeat the Indy race of the american championship for money, racemodded ZR1 corvette is best cheapest car for this. Another one is the european championship races you get $82,000 for 5 laps and its not as boring as indy. I'm sitting at level 34 at the moment desperately waiting for in-race save feature so I can finish A spec.
 
At this stage I am just doing random races and taking pictures of the cars. When the mid endurance race save is available I will be doing my endurance races.
 
Bob does it for you! 800.000cr if you skip the last race + fresh UCD while you can do other things; only come back every 15mins or so to start the next race.
 
Makes me wonder why GT5 is made to be such a pain in ass, grinding championships and/or tracks, it is not fun at all!! i wanted to simply collect cars and take photos of em but they made it so difficult to attain them, spending 4 hours a day for a week grinding the same track just to buy a single 4 million dollar car is dreadful!!
 
endurance races are a definite no for me, i just couldn't endure it, i'll get nauseous =(
 
By the way, once you get to the Enduros, Grind off the 4 hour Nurburgring. Gives 800k more exp than the Suzuka 1000km. I do Suzuka in 3 hours 50 mins in an X2010, however it would take over double this in a regular LM car or something? Not sure never tried. My point is, the Nurburgring 4H is a really good way to level up, its quick, you get parking time because the other cars are very slow, and it still gives 2mil exp.
 
... i'm developing a phobia of GT5 xD

so how are you guys earning EXP & CR in GT5?

Just stop grinding and start enjoy racing. Helps alot :)
 
Just stop grinding and start enjoy racing. Helps alot :)

That's nearly impossible from level 30-40. Always going to be more of a grind than fun.
 
I've just made it to A-Spec level 28, B-Spec is on level 1
I've got about 7.7 million credits and have pretty much all the cars I want except the super rare ones.

I can't be bothered with B-Spec yet. I just find it totally annoying. What do I own a driving simulator game for? I want to drive, not sit there and let someone else drive.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I want to drive in a driving game. Especially since I work, and have other things to do than play games, and have a family.

So far, the old XP-rich seasonal events sure helped me get up to this level. I hope there are more coming. I saw that it's over 500,000 points to get to level 29.

Sort of looking forward to the Vettel challenge, but on the other hand, I don't really want to drive the X1 around, because it's not real, and it's just insane. I borrowed one recently, and OK, it was a bit of fun, but I think I'd get bored after a while.
 
sprplay
Just stop grinding and start enjoy racing. Helps alot

That's nearly impossible from level 30-40. Always going to be more of a grind than fun.

This is why I've pretty much stopped playing now. Having to constantly run the same races in order to have something new to do is not fun.
 
your next lvl 24 dream car championship!

i race that over and over or just the indy track on same dream series

I use the FGT it handles better then the toyota not as quick but you can complete the race in about 6:30 minutes.
 
As above... i've been grinding for weeks and i'm only at level 23 with 1.3m CR and 60 cars with every championship race (Polyphony Cup) giving a meager amount of EXP and CR for 30mins of my time, i'm developing a phobia of GT5 xD
Aspec or Bspec; I will answer for Aspec. You have been grinding for weeks and are only level 23 - is that even possible (to be that low) ?

Try the Special Events and Seasonals - you can now get to at least Aspec 37 and probably 38 without grinding, with the XP changes post 1.07.
 
Just keep grinding. :D

But i've stop doing it now. It's too bored.
I'm levelling on seasonal event. I just do it once and wait for the next new event to appear.
 
A-spec 31 level, B-spec 21 if I remember correctly.

I haven't done grinding, but past seasonal events made good boost on experience points and I levelled quickly to 30.

Currently I miss those big money seasonal events, since I'm 13 millions down to be able to buy 2007 Ferrari F1 car.
 
Tappajakoala
A-spec 31 level, B-spec 21 if I remember correctly.

I haven't done grinding, but past seasonal events made good boost on experience points and I levelled quickly to 30.

Currently I miss those big money seasonal events, since I'm 13 millions down to be able to buy 2007 Ferrari F1 car.

Same for me, bronzing vettel boosted me to 31 A-spec last night. Not grinded at all yet, missed the first seasonals as well.
 
So far, the old XP-rich seasonal events sure helped me get up to this level. I hope there are more coming. I saw that it's over 500,000 points to get to level 29.

32 or 33 it's 1,700,000

:sick:
 
It's a testament to how poorly designed the progression of the game is when the best suggestion for getting further is to make the game play itself and pop in every 15 minutes to click ok, ok, ok.
 
a-specb-spec.gif
 
not much help now but since no one else said it I'll tell you that a huge number of people, myself included leveled up do the glitch....from what I hear insiders have been doing it since Xmas which is how you can afford to buy all the cars. It took me Xmas to last week to get to 32 and 4 days doing the glitch to get to 40. I imagine that explains a lot of level 40 players experience.
As a bonus I earned $110m along the way.
 
Back