How Dirty Can the Cars Get?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vectradriver
  • 16 comments
  • 2,053 views
Messages
323
Did the search on 'dirty cars' but nothing came back on the topic. I was just wondering how dirty can the cars get. Do they get dirty and stay the same, or do they get dirtier and dirtier until they no longer shine or reflect?
 
They do noticebly lose the shine that they had, but it's harder to tell when not in the garage, photo travel or GT Auto when the "pretty" version of the car model is shown.
 
ah in that case I might buy another R8 and just take the deafult angle on Boston Photo-travel for a comparison. Thanks...at least I know its worth having a car-wash in game now. Always baffled me that did.
 
An easier way to tell is to take a high-mileage car and wash it. The effects are usually rather obvious.
 
I have an Old Shelby Cobra and it has not only lost its shine but is much much darker.

Running the Shelby spitting Cobra cup really made me glad I had the Cool dark matt car.
 
Definitely more noticable on some cars then others, I only ever wash them when I'm taking them in for a photo mode myself
 
Theres a time when I was in a championship, and one of my competitors is using an exact same car as me (Toyota Minolta 88 CV). I noticed that my car is very noticeably darker during the rolling start.

Anyhow, I personally think the value of "dirtiness" is only set at 1 and 0, with nothing in between.
 
Pretty sure it has more than just a bit of information.

You can notice a car begining to lose the shineand get a bit fluffy. but the longer you leave it the more shine goes, after a 1000/2000kms certain cars totally lose the shine.

My Orange Elise Sport190 low looks like it is brushed velveteen Manderin. a bit like the "Motorhead" cars did.

The Car I really want to dirty up is the Power House Amuse Carbon R.
Sure it is a Skyline, but look at the Carbon weave on it... bet it loooks sweet without the gloss varnish on it.
 
Any body reckon rallying makes any difference to the rate of dirtying?
 
Some of the cars have a "built-in" dirtyness. Just look at the Motul Pitwork Z, it clearly has dirty windows. This shows in Racesituations.
Other than that, dirt has a greater impact on performance than looks, especially on a racecar.
 
Team666
Some of the cars have a "built-in" dirtyness. Just look at the Motul Pitwork Z, it clearly has dirty windows. This shows in Racesituations.
Other than that, dirt has a greater impact on performance than looks, especially on a racecar.

And didnt they also make permanent muffler burns on the bottom of the doors?
 
Yea I was also wondering about the Dirt.

Is there a specific millage when it starts to get dirty?

Is there certain tracks that will get your track dirtier? or if you go in the grass or sand traps will it effect the cars looks?

I think I saw exhaust burns on the cobra. not sure tho.

I always wanted to see a dirty car but it's hard to see it.I drove the M3 for 3k miles and it looked the same just like it was right of the showroom floor.
 
Rallying speeds the dirtying up as far as I've observed. I once ran a rally with my black 400R and in 4 races it lost its shine totally.
 
GT4_Rule
Rallying speeds the dirtying up as far as I've observed. I once ran a rally with my black 400R and in 4 races it lost its shine totally.
:lol: it is as if u can read my mind, i was about to ask that. excellent observation 👍
 
FaLLeNAn9eL
:lol: it is as if u can read my mind, i was about to ask that. excellent observation 👍

;)

GT4_Rule's mind-reading store, now open. Charging $2 for each session :sly:

Thanks for the 👍 anyway :)
 
Back