How do I change text colour?

England
Up North
IguanaHayRap
Searched this and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been asked before, but I'm trying to enter a Photomode competition and need to change my text colour to red, but can't see the option to change it anywhere. Can anyone help?

[ color=red ][ /color ]

^ That, with no spaces in it.

You can also replace the text with any hex code you have as well, like #0038a8 for instance.

Hey @Jordan, 2 things

1. Is there anyway to have a sort of default text/code that is automatically inserted every time I make a post? Say I wanted all of my posts to have orange text and be in X font, is there anyway to not have to memorize the necessary code?

2. When I tried to make my signature text orange, it would be orange in the preview, but when I make a post, it just reverts to black.

1. No, that's not possible.

2. Only basic text formatting options are available in signatures (the ones visible as WYSIWYG editor buttons). Although you might see it in the preview, unsupported formatting will be lost when it is actually applied.

1. No, that's not possible.

2. Only basic text formatting options are available in signatures (the ones visible as WYSIWYG editor buttons). Although you might see it in the preview, unsupported formatting will be lost when it is actually applied.

Ok, thanks! 👍

So the people who do that, do it by hand? Every single time? Ouch, that sucks.
Yeah I've not even been using it on race event threads like I used to - the colour I mean, because there isn't a quick option. I just don't have the time & energy to copy/paste the code. *sigh*
I was hoping that maybe a colour button would show up eventually on the rich text editor menu.

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#7931DF][I]X-----X[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

Yeah, there's my default code... manually enter it in? I think not... :lol:

Things have probably changed since 2014 but I can't for the life of me find the swatch selection to change the colour of a text in a reply. Could someone help?

Things have probably changed since 2014 but I can't for the life of me find the swatch selection to change the colour of a text in a reply. Could someone help?
I don't believe that there are swatches now. So it's just the colour name or hex code...

[color=indigo]text[/color]

That's correct, the swatches are no longer displayed (as of 2013), so you must type in the code directly.

Thanks for the replies,

So I would have to switch to BB code mode in the reply window and enter the hex code right?

As for the colours I presume you just guess the names of the colours that are available?

Back