How do I find work out what week I am in?

  • Thread starter Thread starter guska
  • 6 comments
  • 627 views

guska

Drift Poultry
Premium
Messages
2,216
Australia
Queenstown, South Australia
Messages
guska_Cryotank
Messages
guska1984
I searched everywhere I could think of, but I couldn't dig this little piece of information up.

How do I find out what week I am in? I am on day 786, and I want the Impreza 22B, which comes into the Late 90's Used Lot in weeks 33, 40, 43, 45, 48, 51, 52, 71 and 78. I hope I haven't missed it, or I have quite a few races ahead of me to bring it round again!

I just realised, if I divide 786 by 7, it puts me at week 112, which would be week 12 in the second cycle? Correct?

Please help, and feel free to point me in the right direction if this has been covered.

Ta. gOoSe

-edit-

Never mind, I am an idiot

But how do you advance days? Is entering events the only way?
 
To advance days, I buy used wheels. Its quicker than entering and leaving races though; I dont know if there is any quicker way. The only downside is that it costs 500cr a go...

Edit: I also had an xls sheet that could predict what weekly cycle I was on no matter what the day was ( I was on day 4100~ at the time). I used it (in conjunction with Famine's used car list) to find when the next Lancia Delta would turn up. If I can find it, I will post it here. 👍
 
I think the quickest way to advance days is to buy and remove wings. There is less menus to go through than buying rims. But buying wings is a bit more costly than rims.
 
gOoSeTeR
But how do you advance days? Is entering events the only way?
FAQs

11. How to I make days pass quicker/how do days pass?

All the information you need to know can be found HERE.

Greycap
- one race
- one mission test
- one licence test
- receiving a prize car
- buying a car
- selling a car
- free run
- photo run
- family cup
- track day
- phototravel
- buying wheels
- buying a wing
 
I have the Excel Sheet, but it doesn't seem to be accurate. The Cycles are 100 day cycles aren't they?
 
That's because you're looking at the wrong week...

gOoSeTeR
I just realised, if I divide 786 by 7, it puts me at week 112, which would be week 12 in the second cycle? Correct?

Not quite...

1 divided by 7 is 0.142857 - would you be in week 0?

Divide your days by 7. Whatever the outcome is, round UP, and that's what week you're in. If there's nothing to round, don't.

1/7 = 0.142857 (rounds up to 1 = Week 1)
2/7 = 0.285714 (rounds up to 1 = Week 1)
3/7 = 0.428571 (rounds up to 1 = Week 1)
4/7 = 0.571428 (rounds up to 1 = Week 1)
5/7 = 0.714285 (rounds up to 1 = Week 1)
6/7 = 0.857142 (rounds up to 1 = Week 1)
7/7 = 1 (nothing to round = Week 1)
8/7 = 1.142857 (rounds up to 2 = Week 2)
786/7 = 112.285714 (rounds up to 113 = Week 113 = Week 13, second cycle)

Remove the whole number from your calculation and remultiply by 7 to find out what day you're on of that week:

786/7 = 112.285714 (rounds up to 113 = Week 113 = Week 13, second cycle)
112.285714 - 112 = 0.285714
0.285714 * 7 = 2

Day 786 = Cycle 2, Week 13, Day 2


My PAL Used Car List Excel file tells you what day each week applies to in the top left cell of each week's sheet.
 
oh, thanks Famine, I was using a sub-standard Excel Sheet, I will have a look for yours.

Thanks to you all as well

-edit-
I seems I am actually using your list!

-edit2-
Just worked out how to use the sheet :dunce:

I now have 132 days until the car arrives, well better get with the wings!
 
Back