How do I get out of lobbies full of stupid kids...

United Kingdom
Essex
...ramming each other and anyone else they fancy?
Newbie here, loving the online experience in theory and sometimes in practice, but getting a bit fed up with plodding round at the back playing catch-up because some stupid kid rammed me off the track. I’m doing the daily races, starting to qualify in the top 10 regularly, but getting a bit disheartened by the number of idiots online. Any suggestions?

Ok: I’m beginning to grasp the truth here... this is a closed lobby on GTSport, right? Sounds like what I’m looking for:-)

Jay - I can't recommend proper leagues organised through GTPlanet highly enough. A lot of people say they can't spare the time to race in a league, but for some leagues it is only a time commitment of one hour a week. My view is that once you have found a good league (or leagues) with clean racing respectful friends you won't want to go back to racing with random crashers!

I noticed from your details that you are a mature player - if you are interested in classic / historic cars you might be interested in my league! We skipped Gran Turismo Sport for a few years because of the lack of classic content and have been racing on Project Cars and Project Cars 2, but will shortly be launching a Wednesday evening series 20:30-21:30 UK time.

You might also be interested in the "Geezer Club" - racing for the over sixties!

Of course, I realised over the week (my first in online GT racing) that the simple solution is to get faster: then all the mayhem goes on behind you. I had one race at Interlagos where I felt I was actually beginning to glimpse some kind of race strategic sense:-) I fended off early challenges, then saved my tyres when I had a gap, and finished 2nd having started from 7th (I think.) My heart was pounding by the end of the race: most enjoyable!

Back