How do I get out of lobbies full of stupid kids...

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Jay_Dammit, May 14, 2020.

1. Jay_Dammit

Jay_Dammit

...ramming each other and anyone else they fancy?
    Newbie here, loving the online experience in theory and sometimes in practice, but getting a bit fed up with plodding round at the back playing catch-up because some stupid kid rammed me off the track. I’m doing the daily races, starting to qualify in the top 10 regularly, but getting a bit disheartened by the number of idiots online. Any suggestions?

Racerx_34 likes this.
  2. Whitey093

Whitey093

You are in the online league section of gtplanet. This.. this is the place you find organized racing with adults.

3. Jay_Dammit

Jay_Dammit

Ok, thanks... is this for PS4 users or PC only?

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  4. larrybr07n

larrybr07n

You might be confused about which game this is. There is no PC version of Gran Turismo.

5. Jay_Dammit

Jay_Dammit

Ok: I’m beginning to grasp the truth here... this is a closed lobby on GTSport, right? Sounds like what I’m looking for:-)

larrybr07n likes this.
  6. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Jay - I can't recommend proper leagues organised through GTPlanet highly enough. A lot of people say they can't spare the time to race in a league, but for some leagues it is only a time commitment of one hour a week. My view is that once you have found a good league (or leagues) with clean racing respectful friends you won't want to go back to racing with random crashers!

I noticed from your details that you are a mature player - if you are interested in classic / historic cars you might be interested in my league! We skipped Gran Turismo Sport for a few years because of the lack of classic content and have been racing on Project Cars and Project Cars 2, but will shortly be launching a Wednesday evening series 20:30-21:30 UK time.

You might also be interested in the "Geezer Club" - racing for the over sixties!

Jay_Dammit likes this.
  7. Jay_Dammit

Jay_Dammit

Well thank you, sir:-) OK, I will investigate.

8. PApunk924

PApunk924

Kermit_2142, Pigems and Jay_Dammit like this.
  9. Jay_Dammit

Jay_Dammit

Pigems likes this.
  10. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Racerx_34 and Jay_Dammit like this.
  11. Jay_Dammit

Jay_Dammit

Of course, I realised over the week (my first in online GT racing) that the simple solution is to get faster: then all the mayhem goes on behind you. I had one race at Interlagos where I felt I was actually beginning to glimpse some kind of race strategic sense:-) I fended off early challenges, then saved my tyres when I had a gap, and finished 2nd having started from 7th (I think.) My heart was pounding by the end of the race: most enjoyable!

Sick Cylinder, Pigems and Kermit_2142 like this.