How do I open MFD (Multifunction display)?

Belgium
Belgium
So, this may very well be a stupid question but I've looked in the official manual, in the game settings, on youtube videos and forums and I simply can't find the answer.

I know that in MFD you can switch between the different modes with the directional buttons. But how do you actually OPEN the MFD in the first place? Because it doesn't open by pressing any of the directional buttons.

Also, for the developers, if you're reading this: I'm now at the point in the drivers school where I have to use MFD but in no way shape or form is this explained. The tutorials and training methodes in this game are amazing though. Except for this one thing.

So, this may very well be a stupid question but I've looked in the official manual, in the game settings, on youtube videos and forums and I simply can't find the answer.

I know that in MFD you can switch between the different modes with the directional buttons. But how do you actually OPEN the MFD in the first place? Because it doesn't open by pressing any of the directional buttons.

Also, for the developers, if you're reading this: I'm now at the point in the drivers school where I have to use MFD but in no way shape or form is this explained. The tutorials and training methodes in this game are amazing though. Except for this one thing.

It should be already on the screen if you have hud on. It scrolls through the map, radar, lap times, traction control, abs, and fuel mapping using the dpad. Its not something you have to open.

62EB5225-609A-42B0-914D-FBE8343E4D04.jpeg

Thats your hud, yellow represents where it could be in different views.

I've never seen that hud. How do I turn it on?

Have you been doing everything with the HUD turned off? Fair play if you have!

While driving press the options button.
Scroll down to 'Detailed Settings' and select that.
First option is 'Show Race Info'. Change that to 'Display All'.
You will now have the full HUD including the MFD. Use left and right to scroll through the different displays, and up/down to change the setting within each display.

Have you been doing everything with the HUD turned off? Fair play if you have!

While driving press the options button.
Scroll down to 'Detailed Settings' and select that.
First option is 'Show Race Info'. Change that to 'Display All'.
You will now have the full HUD including the MFD. Use left and right to scroll through the different displays, and up/down to change the setting within each display.

Lol yes I have. I must have accidentally turned it of the first time I started the game because I've never seen this HUD even once. To be fair though, I haven't gotten to the endurance races yet so fuel management isn't a thing yet.

Thanks Watto, I found it and I've completed level 40 in the driver's school. I owe you one :-)

Got it, thanks for the help thomas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back