How do i???????????

• Thread starter Aaron Ware
  • 16 comments
When you take a photo, save it to a USB drive, not the memory card. Almost any USB drive will do.

When you come to save the photo, instead of selecting "Memory Card 1", select "USB Storage". Which will only work if the USB drive is plugged in.

This won't work for photos you've already taken. You need some form of PS-to-PC data transfer device for that - like a MaxDrive, XPort/Sharkport or a PS3.

Also, your question mark key seems to be a little sticky.

Here's a list of about every compatible storage object that you can use: clicky

To store your image, you need to take your image first. When you've taken your image, press the start button and a new little menu should appear. Then you can save it to your USB stick 👍

EDIT: Tree'd

You have that photostudio thing in your home, there you can mark the photos and then copy them.
Its pretty easy to use.
If youre playing on a PS3, theres unfortunately no option for you, because the game wont recognize the USB drive. 8(

EDIT: Famine you are wrong, you could always copy photos to a flashdrive, but the flashdrive has to be supported.

You have that photostudio thing in your home, there you can mark the photos and then copy them.
Its pretty easy to use.

Good call - never thought of that.

If youre playing on a PS3, theres unfortunately no option for you, because the game wont recognize the USB drive. 8(

You can save to the internal memory card then transfer the files to a USB drive from the XMB...

They're stored as .jpgs. I've never tried it, but I can't imagine it'll be an issue.

(even less in my case since, even if that doesn't work, I have a PS3 memory card adapter :D)

Lol i also have the adapter, but i have some photos on my Memory Card and wanted to copy them to a flashdrive (because i thought they get converted somehow) inside GT4 but it did not work, i will try your idea though, would be cool to get some photos back.

I cant save it says its unable to read? im using a standard 512mb usb memory stick.
please help, cheers

it says error accessing usb flash memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, you are playing on a PS2?

Maybe your USB stick wont be reconized, not every stick works.
Try to plug it in to the other USB slot.

There's a few reasons it might not work...

Does the USB drive have a "lock" - is it unlocked?
Is the drive full?
Is the drive the correct format (FAT32 - and they almost always are, so you probably won't need to check this. You can check by sticking it into a PC and seeing whether it says the volume is FAT32 or NTFS)?
And of course it might not be compatible - though I've never tried one which isn't compatible.

If you don't have a stick that's compatible, you can try an MP3 player. My Sony Walkman can accept the photos from the PS2. I'm sure there are cameras and phones that may work too.

This definitely not true. I use a PS3 with GT4, USB Stick is plugged in and i save the images directly to the usb stick.:)

Back