How do they know?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MegaManX
  • 35 comments
  • 2,296 views
nissan350z
Ha Ha Three best times? then they must have had either really inconsisten drivers or some were not that good, for example, i beleive the gold time ofr IA-15 is 9:02? correct me if i'm wrong, and the bronze time is ten minutes on the dot ..for some reason i think i'm wrong but whatever the point is that that is really big difference and you'd think the beta testers for the liscense tests would be good.

For gold the time is exactly 9.00.00 minutes.
 
Now what about those test like S12 with such odd times like 1'55.919?
 
Team666
I´m with you on that one. The pacecar actually prevents you from setting a really fast lap on some tracks ( ex. Nürburgring, Costa Di Amalfi) and you end up either hitting it or passing it, wich is total failure. Don´t know how many times I ran the Costa Di Amalfi guided lap before I finally nailed it :yuck: Either a faster pacecar, or no pacecar at all for GT5!

you can't HIT the pace car, but it lets you push him. ;)
especially usefull on the ring, since he doesn't go fast enough on the uphill or long straights, you can noozle up behind him and push him.
 
you can noozle up behind him and push him.


The same goes for the yellow seat(I think is a SEAT) in EL Capitan!! I forgot the license IA #??

:dopey:
 
1. I have gotten door to door with the pace car, he just goes faster, pretend he is not there ( except when he brakes )

2. I wish i could find the guy who set these times. How long did the person have to set the best time? It took me almost 8 hours to beat mission 11, (multiple sittings) And yet here i am snafu'd again during honda 1 lap magic in the JGTC NSX.

I couldnt beat 34 if my life depended on it. probably never will. WHAT FUN IS THAT? :ouch:

Dont get me wrong, i loved beating all the tough missions, the skyline thing when i beat it, it felt awsome like i had cracked the reasoning behind ai driving. But i think 34 is too much. 172 turns? I would probably have to lap the ring in practice mode literally hundreds of times just to be able to drive "the line" let alone at "no mistakes pace" in that heavy ill tempered SLR.
 
the ring does not have 172 turns... thats a commonly bogus figure.
that was the count from the original nordschleife, since then it has been significantly reconfigured an a few different occasions.
the count is now down in the 70's

and "What fun is that?"
i aggree, its challenging... and i honestly thing the NTSC M34 is the hardest thing i've ever had to do in a video game. (well, maybe not... ghouls and ghosts was a pretty harsh game) But what fun is it if you can steamroll everything?
Personally i'm glad some of the licenses and missions are insanely hard... if the game didn't have challenges they'd have to rely on their AI to keep things fun and challenging. And we all know thats not happening.
Honestly its refreshing that they had the stones to ship a game to NA that actually had something challenging. Its good to be frustrated, makes you better.
 
Back