How do / When do the used car dealership and historic dealership update?

• Thread starter grp__kta
  • 37 comments
England
England
Hi all

Mine seems to be randomly update 1 or 2 cars when it feels like it?

Or is how mine is now correct?

I am collector level 17 and menu book 33

Hi all

Mine seems to be randomly update 1 or 2 cars when it feels like it?

Or is how mine is now correct?

I am collector level 17 and menu book 33

I’m not sure when everything refreshes, mine just adds in the cars for the current menu book so you can buy them instead of doing the races to win them hence only one or two cars get added.

Can anyone outline the pros/cons of buying a car used? I've gathered that one saves a small amount on the new car price. Like 5-10%. What do you lose?
Also - I've read that cars get wear and tear on them and require "maintenance"? How do you know how much wear and tear is on a car and when to do the maintenance?

The Supra? I got it free as a pre-order car.
No the 2019 Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept

Can anyone outline the pros/cons of buying a car used? I've gathered that one saves a small amount on the new car price. Like 5-10%. What do you lose?
Also - I've read that cars get wear and tear on them and require "maintenance"? How do you know how much wear and tear is on a car and when to do the maintenance?
There is 3 maintenance / condition monitors the cars have. One is oil, one is rigidity and i cant remember the last one.

You can see these in the garage or GT Auto

Older cars aren't available in brand central

Oh really?? So the only way to know about their availability and to get them is to constantly check the used car dealership?
That's quite a cool realism feature
Yep. On the GT7 website, it says anything from 2001 onwards is available in brand central. Post 2001 cars still show up in the dealership but obviously you can't pick the colour and the engine/chassis is probably degraded depending on the mileage.

The historic dealership brings me real FOMO. I bought the Alfa 155 DTM for 800.000cr because I was afraid it would never coming back.
That is exactly their goal.
Show you cars you can't afford, so you might be tempted to spend real money. It's the same with the limmeted offering in Brand central.

It's sickening to be honest.
Don't get me wrong I love this game so far. But an very disappointed in money grab sceems.

Yep. On the GT7 website, it says anything from 2001 onwards is available in brand central. Post 2001 cars still show up in the dealership but obviously you can't pick the colour and the engine/chassis is probably degraded depending on the mileage.
There are much older cars in the brand central.. Why not selling the S2000 in the Brand Central for exemple then ?

Last edited:
The game is 4 days old, relax. In past GTs you also had to work for cool cars and couldn't go around and buy everything day one. :rolleyes:
Except in the past GTs, like GT2 and GT4 for instance, there were fast money making methods that could get you millions of credits in an afternoon and therefore you could buy a lot of what you wanted in a single day, but that’s besides the point.

The point is GT7 is clearly designed to pressure players into buying MTs. Invitations to purchase expensive cars that are temporary for no practical reason, roulette tickets that give out underwheling rewards the vast majority of the time, custom races pay out significantly less than they did in GTS, and so on.

Last edited:
It looks to me like its the 1999 model in the game. I presume the Amuse S2000 is in brand central.
- I'm just going by what the website says.
Oh yes you are right there is the amuse in the Brand Central. I wish they have put the different generations of each cars like they use to do in GT5. S2000 99' - S2000 01' - S2000 04' etc ... Hope they will do so in the future.

Well you can debate whether it is fun or not, but cars always have a certain exclusivity. So PD did capture that part of car culture as well. You want your dream car? Well, go work for it. It’ll make it extra special when you attain your holy grail.

Smart, but I personally don’t like it as I won’t have the time to invest so much in the game. Enjoying the rest though!

That is exactly their goal.
Show you cars you can't afford, so you might be tempted to spend real money. It's the same with the limmeted offering in Brand central.

It's sickening to be honest.
Don't get me wrong I love this game so far. But an very disappointed in money grab sceems.
I don't really buy this to be honest. Gran Turismo has had super expensive cars before. It's had a rotating selection of cars before (on PSP it was even worse).

I have a feeling that even if you took microtransactions out of the game, legend cars and the used cars section would still work exactly the same as they do now, it's typical Polyphony. I mean, there are cars that cost over 15 million credits, that's $150 worth of microtransactions (lol), you'd need to be more than a little tempted to spend that much. And for what? Is there any content that actually relies on owning these super expensive cars? Not from what I've seen. They're just cool collectables, and I think that makes it a bit of an event if you see one in a daily race.

All I know is that I've bought all the Legends cars and am waiting to see when they will showcase something new. The Alfa Romeo 155 has been sold out for a day now, and they haven't replaced it.

At the very least be happy you don't have to grind to 15-20 million credits about... 10 times?

I checked the Legendary Car Showroom today and it had a Ford Mark IV Race Car with 8.000km and costing 4.6 million. This car in previous GT titles and GT Sport always costs 20 million.
There's a race in the game that gives you over 1 million per hour... And if you want to diversify, you can earn slightly less by doing 3 or 4 different races that give you a good amount.

This is much better grinding than GT5 and GT6 were, and it can only get better with new DLCs and events coming in the future as well as potential bonus credits for staying online several days in a row.

One word of advice? Finish all the events first, the prize cars might be some legendary or expensive cars and you won't have to waste money at all.
I've been doing the campaign in GT7 with only cars that were offered to me from Licenses, Missions and Café and gathered upwards of 3 million with still a lot of the missions to do (and all circuit experiences).

I do want to say, I know GT7 has microtransactions, but early days for GT games are always the same. Remember how slow the earns were in 5 and 6 before seasonal events and login bonuses?

I reckon it’s less of a conscious microtransactions push and more that PD never really knows how people are going to react to their economy. We’ve already seen that a lot of 20m cars in GT5/6 aren’t even a quarter of that in GT7, so I’m not too worried about it quite yet.

And besides, the mention of GT2-4 letting you get millions of Cr in an afternoon - GT7’s the same. Fisherman’s Ranch, Dirt Legends, use the Focus GrB (mainly for stability), finish the one lap in around 3:20 or so, and get 97,000 if you get the clean race bonus (which seems to be lenient for rally).

Add that up and you can probably have a million within 35/40 minutes if you really go at it. 2-4 million in an afternoon sounds feasible depending on how bored you are.

Well you can debate whether it is fun or not, but cars always have a certain exclusivity. So PD did capture that part of car culture as well. You want your dream car? Well, go work for it. It’ll make it extra special when you attain your holy grail.

Smart, but I personally don’t like it as I won’t have the time to invest so much in the game. Enjoying the rest though!
Exactly, it's a video game. For fun. I play video games to escape reality, not to continue where I left off with more hard work.

They haven't (thankfully) put other aspects of real world car culture in the game like insuring your expensive cars, paying rent for a garage to store them all, losing your car if you have a crash and write if off, and so on, because they're not fun. We don't need a long, tedious grind to earn a Ferrari like real life either.

Back