How do you feel about the GT-R being held back to sell DLC?

• Thread starter thejared
  • 30 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

thejared

(Banned)
Surely the car isn't a new unseen concept design, nor tied to any kind of legal agreements.

They knew everyone wanted it, and its been available in various games for years now...

so will you gladly lap up this cheap cash in on its fanbase, or do you actually believe in right and wrong and refuse to be taken advantage of?

We have already seen the sales results as being far from stellar, so lets contunue the trend and speak with our wallets boys.

Have you ever taken a business economics class?
They might have the answers you seek.

apparently they held it back so they could get the "never before seen!" GT-R V spec. which is why they didnt include the standard GT-R at launch since the v spec is better.

just like they did with the Enzo and FXX...oh wait

oh well, their game sold like **** and i hear Microsoft isnt happy about having to bundle this game again just to get it some numbers.

T10 will probably be let go early next year after the sales results of GT5 come in, with 1 million+ in a week.

It's probably due to licensing issue- che did brought up issues T10 had with Nissan regarding damage to the R35 GTR prior to FM3's release and it's probably been sorted out hence the announcement. It would be interesting to see if the centre display unit will be ON.

probably to pay for the royalties T10 owe PD...?

Dan is just sharing the cost with the players...

What purpose does this thread serve?
To grouch about the habit MS has of selling DLC cars with what a number of people complain about regarding Skyline-itis in Gran Turismo, the selling of additional cars which are to one extent or another essentially makeovers of what we get on the disc. Or are holdouts which could have been in the game, but kept back to make a few denari later, and make it seem like they were doing us a favor. Which could be the case with the GT-R.

When people here complain about the number of Skylines we get in GT games for "free" on the disc at launch, you have to expect that there are going to be a few more ruffled feathers when MS starts rubbing its fingers together.

apparently they held it back so they could get the "never before seen!" GT-R V spec. which is why they didnt include the standard GT-R at launch since the v spec is better.

FM3 will be the second game to feature the Spec V.

It's probably due to licensing issue- che did brought up issues T10 had with Nissan regarding damage to the R35 GTR prior to FM3's release and it's probably been sorted out hence the announcement. It would be interesting to see if the centre display unit will be ON.

Che never said this, some guy on a forum who claimed to be a turn 10 employee said this.

It's in NFS Shift with damage (as is the spec-v). I haven't driven it though so I don't know about the display.

You don't like it; don't buy it. It's that simple. I'll be buying it later on today as I'm not going to be part of this little crusade against DLC that simply isn't going to have any effect on games. DLC is a part of gaming now, and it's here to stay.

I'd like to see proof that the GT-R was held back for this DLC, or if the OP realizes that we aren't just paying for 1 car....

Oh that's right. The OP is a troll who's already shown his dislike for Turn10. Well, at least he got this into the right section.

Nearly everything "Tofu R" said was right.

Yeah he was pretty spot on

Yeah, even though GT PSP had it 3 weeks earlier than the FM3 release, plus Che has been know to lie, but who knows...

Does PD own any rights to the software interface they created for the GT-R?

PD were contracted by Nissan to design the interface for Nissan, PD hold no rights in it at all.

Last edited:
I've just seen some pictures on Forza 3 forums showing the centre console. Looks like it's fully animated.
4169016286_bfa35f3a12.jpg

Does anyone know how much the download content costs?

Oh that's right. The OP is a troll who's already shown his dislike for Turn10.
Well, don't act like there aren't numerous reasons to troll Microsoft. They aren't just another company, and Forza is notorious for being customer hostile in numerous ways, and after three games, every one of them. Heck, this is the second Forza I quit in the middle of because it was becoming a pain.

man, some of you guys just don't get it.

do you have no self-respect?, no sense of right and wrong? are you so dense as to not know when you're being taken advantage of?

there were never any legalities involved between PD or anyone else, in fact that was likely a well placed rumor to fuel more anticipation for the inevitable release of the GT-R.

they knew that the GT-R was wanted, there was no reason to not atleast include the standard GT-R at launch, then do the V-Spec as DLC. They had no problem including the standard Enzo AND the FXX, standard Audi R8 AND the R8 5.2, and plenty others...however they now change their protocol and say they waited for the superior V-spec version, which has been seen and included in other games well before FM3.

this isnt some crusade against DLC, i guess its just a way to weed out the gullable losers here that are clearly going to have trouble throughout the rest of their lives.

Nearly everything "Tofu R" said was right. Just this GT-R info seems wrong but maybe wasn't at that time.

"Official" answer why the GT-R is late:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18792312&postcount=5140

Which would make perfect sense if it was now a free download but makes no sense if they are charging for it.

So if it had been released before their production deadline they would have included it free but as it was released after their deadline they are now going to charge you for it?

man, some of you guys just don't get it.

do you have no self-respect?, no sense of right and wrong? are you so dense as to not know when you're being taken advantage of?

there were never any legalities involved between PD or anyone else, in fact that was likely a well placed rumor to fuel more anticipation for the inevitable release of the GT-R.

they knew that the GT-R was wanted, there was no reason to not atleast include the standard GT-R at launch, then do the V-Spec as DLC. They had no problem including the standard Enzo AND the FXX, standard Audi R8 AND the R8 5.2, and plenty others...however they now change their protocol and say they waited for the superior V-spec version, which has been seen and included in other games well before FM3.

this isnt some crusade against DLC, i guess its just a way to weed out the gullable losers here that are clearly going to have trouble throughout the rest of their lives.

Are you serious? :odd:

Well, guess it's time to take my ass to the family doctor as I'm going to have trouble because I brought DLC.

Get a hold of yourself.

^^ or how about offer the standard model now as FREE DLC since the changes are mainly mechanical, not cosmetic. interior and exterior are virtually identical minus wheels and badging.

some of you poor fellows are going to be big targets for pyramid schemes... \\

wise up

Why the hell is everyone moaning?

Turn 10 are a business and they are here to make money. You didn't have to buy the game and you don't have to buy the download content. The DLC also isn't just for the GTR, there are several other cars included which are quite sought after.

It's only 400 Microsoft points which cannot equate to anymore than about £4

there are several other cars included which are quite sought after.

Indeed, but I find it amazing at the main Forza sites you so nothing talked about them, but you see plenty of Nissan GTR talk.

Jay
Indeed, but I find it amazing at the main Forza sites you so nothing talked about them, but you see plenty of Nissan GTR talk.

of course, this was the Godzilla car, car of the year, the car Top Gear flew to Japan to get their hands on!! this is the only car worth anything and they knew it. those other cars dont sell DLC, the GT-R is the DLC.

some of you just don't get it as it's apparently above your level of understanding... the world is gonna eat you up .

It's only 400 Microsoft points which cannot equate to anymore than about £4

The issue isn't really one of DLC on its own, its holding back content from the original release in order to make more money from it as DLC in the future. Of course you don't have to buy it and I won't be doing, but I still feel if they had intended it to be in the game for free in the first place then they shouldn't be charging for it now just because it wasn't released in time to make the disk.

On the issue of value though, no-one could possibly argue that just under £4 for one car in a game is justifiable, its one tenth of the cost of the full game. It doesn't even make commercial sense for that matter because if they only charged £1 for it they would probably generate more than 4 times the sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back