How do you figure out BoP with car classes?

United States
United States
I have a whole ton of GT3 cars and I'm at a loss on how to get the BoP figured out besides playing the guessing game with Ballast

Currently, I have 2 of each car selected, strength at 100%, aggression ~77% doing a quali session on Barcelona Moto for 15 min. I'd like to get the cars to within tenths of each other, and have a few questions

• When do you use Restrictor vs Balance? What pieces of data do you use to look at for what should be adjusted?
  • There are GT3 cars way lower on the list than I'd like. Technically, if I'm going to use Ballast/Restrictor, I'm getting everyone down to the slowest car there but that doesn't seem like the best option. Do you use Car Tuner? What are you adjusting in that tool to get the cars equalized? Is there a tutorial anywhere on the BoP process?

I have been trying to figure that out for so long and I want to cry.

So far like you I've found the best method is to do track days at Barcelona and just run the cars and balance them after according to how fast they were, and trying again.

A good method of boosting a car's power a little is by using a percentage increase calculator and running every number in the power.lut through it to make the car 5% more powerful for example. Also removing or adding weight in the car's car.ini file is good too for more permanent changes.

Last edited:
I have been trying to figure that out for so long and I want to cry.

So far like you I've found the best method is to do track days at Barcelona and just run the cars and balance them after according to how fast they were, and trying again.

A good method of boosting a car's power a little is by using a percentage increase calculator and running every number in the power.lut through it to make the car 5% more powerful for example. Also removing or adding weight in the car's car.ini file is good too for more permanent changes.
I'm just happy to hear back from anyone and that you have a similar issue!

Those are good ideas to help out, I'll look into it. Power.lut scares the hell out of me. Any tips on where I can find a calculator?

I'm just happy to hear back from anyone and that you have a similar issue!

Those are good ideas to help out, I'll look into it. Power.lut scares the hell out of me. Any tips on where I can find a calculator?
Yeah it's been an issue for me for a while. I'm glad to hear other people are experiencing the same thing because it means I'm not crazy.

Here's a good calculator. To use it, say the value beside 8,000 rpm is 300. Just type in 105% of 300 at the top and you'll get 315. So you replace 300 beside 8,000 rpm with 315, the new value, and do the same for all the rpm range. It can take several minutes but it's worth it sometimes as a permanent fix.

For the sake of posting the answers that I couldn't find, These are the latest results of my GT3 BOP. From first to 34th there is a ~.740 gap. Still some work to be done, obviously, but feeling really good about the system

I used the Assetto Corsa Car Tuner and made BOP mods for the cars that needed a bit of a boost. I increased the power.lut files for the BOP mods by 5% at first until they were finally running in the 1:44s and then started tweaking with 1-2%. For the cars that were too fast, I elected to run Ballasts

I have the cars doing a 20 minute qualification on Barcelona Moto. I was able to find a mod some time ago that increased the amount of pits to run this. I have opponent strength at 100% and aggression at 90.4%. I do need to run it several times before I make moves as there is quite some variance between even the same cars, that's just how the AI is, which is completely understandable and good

It is quite time consuming but I like this sort of thing anyway. I recommend maybe doing less cars if you can since they can get in each other's way when doing laps, but for what I need, I have 2 of each car running for the most part. I recommend having multiple of the same car running for each BOP

Capture.PNG

EDIT: Wanted to add the initial spread of these cars when I first started

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
For the sake of posting the answers that I couldn't find, These are the latest results of my GT3 BOP. From first to 34th there is a ~.740 gap. Still some work to be done, obviously, but feeling really good about the system

I used the Assetto Corsa Car Tuner and made BOP mods for the cars that needed a bit of a boost. I increased the power.lut files for the BOP mods by 5% at first until they were finally running in the 1:44s and then started tweaking with 1-2%. For the cars that were too fast, I elected to run Ballasts

I have the cars doing a 20 minute qualification on Barcelona Moto. I was able to find a mod some time ago that increased the amount of pits to run this. I have opponent strength at 100% and aggression at 90.4%. I do need to run it several times before I make moves as there is quite some variance between even the same cars, that's just how the AI is, which is completely understandable and good

It is quite time consuming but I like this sort of thing anyway. I recommend maybe doing less cars if you can since they can get in each other's way when doing laps, but for what I need, I have 2 of each car running for the most part. I recommend having multiple of the same car running for each BOP

View attachment 1213045

EDIT: Wanted to add the initial spread of these cars when I first started

View attachment 1213060
Hi, did you manage to finish the BOP? could you explain how you did it?

I've been months trying to create a BOP for the different GT3 mods out there, my strategy was to make qualifiers in Barcelona with the power and aggressiveness at 100%, but I've never known whether to use the restrictor or the ballast.

I also found that there were GT3s that went too slow, so I spent some time modifying the power.lut and got good results (but I don't know how realistic they were).

If you could explain me how you have done it, if you have used the restrictor or the ballast, what modifications you have done in the power.lut.

As they are mods, they have different tyres... They all have the V10 from Assetto Corsa, but I don't know if this affects the result or not. Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards.

Last edited:
Hi, did you manage to finish the BOP? could you explain how you did it?

I've been months trying to create a BOP for the different GT3 mods out there, my strategy was to make qualifiers in Barcelona with the power and aggressiveness at 100%, but I've never known whether to use the restrictor or the ballast.

I also found that there were GT3s that went too slow, so I spent some time modifying the power.lut and got good results (but I don't know how realistic they were).

If you could explain me how you have done it, if you have used the restrictor or the ballast, what modifications you have done in the power.lut.

As they are mods, they have different tyres... They all have the V10 from Assetto Corsa, but I don't know if this affects the result or not. Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards.
I have been out of town recently, so I haven't exactly finished, but using the same method I mentioned in my previous comment

I've used Ballast for the cars that I am slowing down.

Take a look at my process I outlined
"I used the Assetto Corsa Car Tuner and made BOP mods for the cars that needed a bit of a boost. I increased the power.lut files for the BOP mods by 5% at first until they were finally running in the 1:44s and then started tweaking with 1-2%. For the cars that were too fast, I elected to run Ballasts

"

I also have not really noticed any considerable difference in tires, but idk how much I've dug in to say for sure

Back