How do you gold Stage 6 30 lap race?

Posted this on another topic for another challenge but guess its hard to stand out with what Im struggling at so will try another topic. Any tips on this 30 lap race, the final one for stage 6? I fell 7 seconds behind and finished 2nd without mistakes I felt. I started at 45 secs behind when the race starts and its annoying got closer and closer and last 5 laps could see him at the end of a straight but couldnt catch him it bugs me so much its hard. I heard it was easier before the patch. Anyway I pitted every time they said I have less than a lap left and I picked hard tyres for all, not sure how long each compound lasts but thought if I pit every 6 or 7 laps with a full tank may as well pick the hards for maximum grip and laps. Anyway I maxed my fuel tank until around lap 25 or 26 where I stopped to ensure I had just enough for the remaining laps to get a jump start out of pits, no luck couldnt get him

Also doing stage 7 nurgburg ring with gt3 cars omg how do you stick on the road with tight corners and cars to overtake, I keep spinning out when 1 wheel hits the grass this track is brutal I hate it, fun to drive but so much concentration and tough to win. Even did a custom race 20min endurance and came 12th from back of the grid lol

I can't remember which is the 30 lap race. Where is it? What cars? The ring ones are crazy fast but not hard once you get used to pretty much keeping the two inside wheels on the grass most of the time.

It's Autodrome Lago Maggiore. If I recall, I toned down my fuel usage a little bit early on. Even on lower power, the AI is easy enough to catch. After the 1st round of pit stops, I think I turned the power up one by which, I was in front by about 10 seconds. The next couple of pit stops, I turned the power to maximum and blew the field away. I ended up winning by over a minute.

I also banged on the softs for the last 2 pits stops and really went hell-for-leather.

Last edited:
I used the tips on ign for that mission and for any stage seven missions that I got stuck on. The endurance race is all about cutting out mistakes. If you stay on track you don't have to race at the limit for the win.

First you need to practice and know the track very well.
I have done like this:
- First 6 laps with Soft tires and fuel set to Power.
- Second part (7-14 lap) with Medium tires and fuel set halfway.
- Third part (14-23) with Medium tires and fuel set halfway.
- Fourth part (24-30) with Medium tires and fuel slightly on Power.

I finished 46 seconds ahead of the second, with total time less than 1hr and 2 minutes.

The key is be consistent, and avoid mistakes.
Like others said, you don’t have to push to the limits.

Last edited:
Just did this last night I ran RS the whole time no fuel map TCS 2, RS tires last just as long as your fuel so get both ever pit stop. Won with almost 1:20 lead.

I entered and did not know the track, and took the default car settings (race hards, ABS weak, no other aides)
Fuel map at 1, for max power is good for 7 laps.
Race hards seemed fine, so I stuck with them until the last stint because i did not want to "test" mediums or softs with 7 laps already under my belt.
Had a spin early on (lap 2-3 maybe??), went to the back of the pack, and set TC to 2 thereafter.
Had a momentary loss of concentration late in the race and turned a 36sec lead into a 6 second lead.
With the pit every 7 laps stratagy, I went in on lap 28, got just enough fuel for 2 laps, and threw race softs on, came out in 3rd.
Got by 2nd with ease on the run out of turn 2, was runnig down the leader pretty good but... leader pitted on lap 29, won by ~19 seconds.
If I were to do it again, I'd set TC to 2 from start, and run mediums the entire race... and avoid mental mistakes.
I can see this being winable by ~1 minute with that stratagy... and I'm only DR-B, so, not Mr. Fast by any means.

oh, as the race went on, and I learned the track, I was finding oddles of time thru the corners... many many many only need a slight lift and the Porsche will rotate slightly and you can roll the throttle back down. Many corners early on I was braking for, and even down shifting, by mid race I was leaving it in the higher gear and just letting the car work... Also, the Porsche is excellent on the brakes, could go quite deep at the end of the straights, easily past the double cones, darn near the single cone on many turns.
After 30 laps, I realized I really like that track.

Sounds daft, but git gud. Practice and you'll gold it easy. I plonk it on fuel map 6 and racing medium tyres. Won by a country mile because I spend a lot of time driving the porsche and love Lago Maggiore as a track. Experience is key.

Don't forget, if you're on fuel map 6 then you have to sit stationary in the pits for less time.

I did it on the demo and took the lead 3 corners from the flag (though I was still learning the track at that point), so I was a little apprehensive reading this thread to say that it has been made more challenging.

I tried it this evening, and won by 45 seconds. It's easy. I used fuel map 3 for the bulk of the race, fitting softs, softs and then super softs for the final shorter stint.

It was definitely harder before the patch. I barely managed 4th then. Once the new patch was out I got 1st right away. Before the patch you needed tactics with fuel and tires. All I did was pit at the end of Every 7th lap (you get a notification anyway), stay on default tires, full tank every time, not messing with the fuel map or whatever, everything is default.

On your last pitstop however which would be I guess 28th lap, only fill up tank until it says 2.1 laps remaining because its all you need. My first try I didn't pay attention and filled it all the way and ended same as you in 2nd. So as long as you dont stay in the pits too long on last stop, you will be way ahead of him.

I just did this race tonight.

I used Race Mediums and fuel map 2 for the whole race (3 pit stops) and won easily by over a minute on the second place car.

I got 1st place by 24 seconds with the following strategy:
1st part: 9 laps on mediums, fuel map 2,
2nd part 10 laps on mediums, fuel map 4,
3rd pard 11 laps op mediums, fuel map 6 with only 2% fuel remaining at the finish.
Had a major spin in lap 2, which cost me about 13 seconds.

This was done before the patch, so it should be easier by now.

I always pitted one lap after the AI, full tank, Soft tires, fuel map on 1, blast thru laps as best as you can. For the last refuel, I've changed the map to save fuel needed for one more lap - the leading AI pits in lap 29 so that gives you an extra advantage. I've also spun a couple of times, but still won - I also enjoy this track a lot and driving the RSR is a treat - it's magical on t he brakes.

First attempt I ran on hards and filled when necessary, got 2nd with 15 second gap to first... Second attempt I just did the whole race on softs, and tweaked the fuel map to stay at about 1:03 lap times... If I go over, I lower the map, if I go under I raised the map... didn't have to short fill on the last stop. Think I won by about 12 seconds in the end, but I was probably on about 10-20 seconds from running out of fuel.

Anyway I pitted every time they said I have less than a lap left and I picked hard tyres for all, not sure how long each compound lasts but thought if I pit every 6 or 7 laps with a full tank may as well pick the hards for maximum grip and laps. Anyway I maxed my fuel tank until around lap 25 or 26 where I stopped to ensure I had just enough for the remaining laps to get a jump start out of pits, no luck couldnt get him
I did the same as you, except i just changed tires one time, i started with racing hard and chose racing hard when i changed tires, the thing with the 30 lap endurance is that you have to pit smart for winning the race, it's not necessary to lead the race, pit one lap before the leaders and you will most likely win :).

It was definitely harder before the patch. I barely managed 4th then. Once the new patch was out I got 1st right away.

Do you perhaps think it may also be that you have got better through racing other tracks/ cars in the interim? I think probably

I got it with a pit strategy from youtube and also got the next blue moon endurance from youtube by using the wall ride trick won it comfortable. Now Im on the brazil track for 30 laps which is annoying but I have a cheap trick too I noticed the first corner you dont get penalised if you cut into it to get to the long straight after that section but itll be a closer finish on the final laps I tried it so many times but my soft tyres lose so much grip on alot of bends I clip some grass and spin out wrecking the race having to start over. 10mins left was closest I got and I was 14secs ahead but knowing I pitted 1 lap before first place and I was saving fuel the entire race

You are lucky you are doing these races post patch 1.06, its much easier than it was and if you are having trouble on this then you are in for a surprise when you get to missions 8-6 & 8-7.

But anyhow, just enjoy this race, it's the best race in the campaign.
Perfect race for people wanting to get used to driving without assists too.

I had trouble with this race as well - after two attempts (and 2+ hours!), on my third attempt I won by 30+ seconds (not a perfect run either). I use a DS4 and am not subtle when it comes to throttle and brake. Here's what worked for me: use Race Soft (RS) tires, set Fuel Map to 2 (if < 2, I spin out), set Traction Control (TCS) to 1. Change tires and full fuel every 6 laps.

My first two attempts were with Race Hard (RH) tires, and with all the corners and curves, it was too slippery - had to set TCS to 2 to stay on the track.

As others have said, you really have to know this track well - before attempting this 30 lap challenge, I "practiced" on the circuit experience, and the arcade mode (at least with arcade mode you get points every time, even if you don't win).

Hope this helps.

I got 1st place by 24 seconds with the following strategy:
1st part: 9 laps on mediums, fuel map 2,
2nd part 10 laps on mediums, fuel map 4,
3rd pard 11 laps op mediums, fuel map 6 with only 2% fuel remaining at the finish.
Had a major spin in lap 2, which cost me about 13 seconds.

This was done before the patch, so it should be easier by now.

I don't know how you're doing 9 laps on fuel map 2? I'm having to use 4 or 5 to even get 8 laps - maybe it's changed in the latest updates?

I had trouble with this one more than the rest, I tried some of the strategies here and got passed by the AMG at the end when my tires were just gone.

The successful attempt was balls-to-the-wall all the way. Fuel Map 1 and RS tires for 6 laps, 1 more lap on a Map 2, then make one final pit at 25/26 laps to top off and change tires for the end. Won by 30 seconds.

I don't like endurances and 15k isn't much money for that :D I think I'll pass. I tried it in beta and ofc ran out of fuel in last turn. So not great memories.

Just did this yesterday and ended 2nd with a 20 sec gap. Fuel set to 2 nearly the entire race. and at a 80-90% tank i was able to reach 6 laps between pits (100% would give me about 7 laps, but with both a 6 or 7 lap pattern you would need 4 pitstops), constantly used softs.
Made quite a number of mistakes and did spin once (costing me 8 seconds) and got knocked of the track a few times (like 4 times which would cost me between 1 or 2 seconds). But even then, it would be barely possible to close that 20 second gap (although not impossible, just very difficult).

I've done this one using a variety of strategies, but if you are having problems golding this I found that the biggest winning margin for me came with:
-always RS
-map 1
-TC 2
-pit after lap 6, 12, 18, 24, win!
Even after a spin cost me 11 sec I still won by 19 sec
Pleasure :cheers:

I like those comments where players used default settings, learning the track on the fly, spin out 3 times and won by 3 minutes.
... I have all the sim racing rig, playing car racing since 2000. I did this race on default settings, little experience with the car and track. During the race I made 1 major and some minor mistakes and I finished 2nd. Second try 1st place same settings but no real mistakes. I catched the leader in the final lap. This challenge is about strategy OR precise, consistent driving. Best outcome you can get if you can combine that 2. :) Have fun drivers! :)

Back