How do you guys keep track of your cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hot_cheese
  • 56 comments
  • 4,875 views
Messages
91
Messages
hot_cheese
I now have over 700 cars and managing them in my garage is CRAZY!!!! I can only add 100 favorites does not help at all....

Do you guys have some sort of excel spread sheet or any online database to keep track of the cars?
 
No, I've got over 650 cars and I'm in the same situation as yourself. Just can't keep track of them.
 
It would be nice if we could sort cars by their last usage, as we could in GT4.
 
check my sig :) best way to manage them.

only problem is now you have 700, going in and adding them all lol i was lucky and got to mine when i only had about 50.
 
I only use premiums and therefore it will never be so bad for me :o)
 
I ticked it off in the Apex book when every time I got a new car.
 
I got 350 cars, I delete, sell or give away the cars I have no interest in, the rest I just use my memory and if that fails (which it quite often does) I just use the sorting facility that's available in the garage.

I find the sorting facility isn't perfect, but it does the job, I can easily check if I see something pop up in the used dealership and I'm not 100% sure if I've already got it.
 
700 cars!!! I dont know whats more ridiculous, the fact you have 700 cars or that they cant be organized in game. . . at 150, i have almost all the cars of real interest to me.
 

This^^^

Plus I have a very simple excel spreadsheet which I use to tick off cars as I buy/win them. It is very simple just an alphabetical list of the cars full name. When I have transferred them to the above site I blank the line on the paper spreadsheet.

I will put it on google docs if anyone is interested.
 
Android phone app "GT5 Checklist" - there is a thread here somewhere about it. I just have my phone near me while playing and add them as I go. Very basic app - but easy!
 
Android phone app "GT5 Checklist" - there is a thread here somewhere about it. I just have my phone near me while playing and add them as I go. Very basic app - but easy!

Damn it! Any version for the iPhone user?
 
700 cars!!! I dont know whats more ridiculous, the fact you have 700 cars or that they cant be organized in game. . . at 150, i have almost all the cars of real interest to me.

I am trying to get the 1000 cars in your garage trophy... Once I got that I will sell all the crap cars I have....

There's so many version of RX7 and Skyline it's not even funny.... I have close to 50 version of skylines and last time I check they all look the same with different name lol
 
I have 538 cars and i use a notebook physically writing down every car, but i also double check my actual garage before i buy one. I wanted to use the website but when i found it i had 500 cars and it was taking to long so i decided not to. If only it worked off your psn too find out your garage like it does for the trophy's
 
Copy the official car list from the official site into Excel (can just ctrl-a the page, then ctrl-v into Excel and it's a nice table. Format the content area as table, then you can filter and search easily), then just go through your garage once adding all you have, then keep updating it as you add/remove cars. I have one column for S and one for P for those few models that are in two variations.
 
I "only" have 220 cars... and quite frankly, I don't keep track of them at all :) I'll generally know whether or not I already have "special" or very expensive cars... cheaper ones I might easily forget and then buy again, but hey, who cares, they're cheap!

A lot of the replay value in GT5 is driving different cars, so I tend to buy cars and then do a few races with them before moving on. The ones I really like I use more and therefor remember :P

I don't have all that much time to play atm though, which means I go into the UCD, buy a couple of cars I like, run 1 of them and then have to stop again... so I'm creating a bit of a backlog of cars I need to drive.
 
I printed off the official car list from this site and I mark them off with a highlighter pen, I think I've got about 450/460 ish so far
 
With that many cars, you shouldn't have to worry about "keeping track of them" since you are just hoarding them for some silly trophy. Use favorites for the ones you actually drive and mothball the rest. :)
 
LOL i got about 60 cars lol bit of catching up is needed lol
And i lose track of what i got already lol
 
Setting the list to sort by Make helps. However, the stupid forced premium/standard split and the limited favorites just complicates things. The favorites list should just be unlimited, at the very least I wouldn't have my cars separated just because of polygon count.

And I'd actually be able to use all of my online cars online.
 
I use an iPhone app called MyGT5. It's free and lets you tick off cars as you unlock them, pretty cool!

I hope GT5 adds in a tickbox on the cars ingame so that you can see what you already own, seems a bit silly that we have to keep track of these cars on our own.
 
While I love the concept of MyGranTurismo.net, it practice it's too fiddly for me. I haven't used it for several weeks now, but I know that one of my main complaints was not being able to see everything on one screen. Too much clicking "Next Page" or whatever. Maybe I hadn't set things right or it's changed since then, but that was just more hassle than I needed.

I took one of the spreadsheets that are floating around, pulled just the make & model columns, added a checkbox column and printed it. Checkmark the box when I buy or win a new car.

The latest Official Playstation Magazine has a nice two page list of all the cars. Scanned it, printed it, and I'll be just crossing them off on there from now on. (My other list was 8 pages, so 2 is much easier to deal with.)
 
That My GT5 iPhone app is 4.2 only I'm jailbroken 4.0.2 still lol plus has alot of bad revues I'm try the web site you guys suggested on my iPhone4
 
I am trying to get the 1000 cars in your garage trophy... Once I got that I will sell all the crap cars I have....

There's so many version of RX7 and Skyline it's not even funny.... I have close to 50 version of skylines and last time I check they all look the same with different name lol

if thats the case, got 1.5 million cr ? just buy 300 go karts, plus the 700 cars you have and POW, trophy acquired. And its really easy to organize.
 
That's a good way to cheese a trophy I dough you can have more then a fue of the same car exe:in gtpsp you could only buy 10 of the same color car good idea thou
 
Back