How do you reset the car setting to default in GT6?

• Thread starter walhabri
  • 34 comments
wahalhabri1986
As the title says, in GT5 there was a dedicated button for resetting the spring, transmission, etc. settings to default. But now I couldn't find this button or any reference to reset the settings to default. I mess much with the settings to try the optimal one and sometimes I need to start over. Please help.

That is really stupid. In addition to this, I liked the way the suspension tuning in GT5 where they show the car camber and toe setting through actual car with blinking items that are currently being tuned. I feel it gives you better sense of tuning than this "simplified" tuning sheet in GT6.

This is really stupid. Also, I liked the way the tuning done in GT5 where they show an simplistic view of car toe, camber, etc. and they blink while tuning them so you know at least if you are doing +ve or -ve camber, toe, etc. Why to replace such a good tuning system with "simplistic" tuning sheets?

Last edited by a moderator:
That could take a hint from Forza in this area. Rather than having A.B,C allow the tune to be saved to a file and loaded from a file. That file can be named with track name and PP or whatever you desire and you can have as many files as you want rather than being limited to 3 setups per car not to mention being able to gift a friend the tune by sending them the file and letting them load it and of course there should be a handy dandy little button "Reset to Default" Which would reset all tuning adjustments as well as possibly a reset to stock button which would remove all added parts

That could take a hint from Forza in this area. Rather than having A.B,C allow the tune to be saved to a file and loaded from a file. That file can be named with track name and PP or whatever you desire and you can have as many files as you want rather than being limited to 3 setups per car not to mention being able to gift a friend the tune by sending them the file and letting them load it and of course there should be a handy dandy little button "Reset to Default" Which would reset all tuning adjustments as well as possibly a reset to stock button which would remove all added parts
Nah I prefer PD's way. Limit of 3 sheets even though PP can range up to 100 on most cars and there are 9 tarmac tires + dirt + snow + rain. I also like that you can't copy and paste because it's so much fun taking a picture with my phone then trying to decipher the settings from a 3 inch picture and manually enter them on another tuning sheet just to make some small changes to the tune. :yuck::yuck:

As many others here have already stated, just use tuning sheet B or C - it's not difficult! But so far you seem to be bi-passing their advice.
Which doesn't help if you already have tunes on A, B and C...

This is the way tuning should be.

Then you have to make a choice. Do I have 3 set ups or keep one clear for re-setting purposes. We all make choices and sacrafices in life so why shouldn't our choices and options be restricted in a game? This isn't rocket science! I find you only need 2 options anyway; sprint and outright speed.

Then you have to make a choice. Do I have 3 set ups or keep one clear for re-setting purposes. We all make choices and sacrafices in life so why shouldn't our choices and options be restricted in a game? This isn't rocket science! I find you only need 2 options anyway; sprint and outright speed.
Yes, What a great excuse for PD to carry on messing every thing up.

This. It works this way in every other racing sim I've played. If PD can code loading and saving replay's they can code loading and saving setup's.

Although I admit that sometimes limitations make me more disciplined ... but in GT6 ... the setup menu is outright dumb.
I'll give you an example. I mostly use the DS3 and then a wheel.
A setup - for max tuning
B setup - default, mostly for wheel drive
C setup - right now I use it to make the car eligible to a specific pp limit
What if by some mistake I mess B. You get the picture, I didn't wanted to be boring.
Limits can be good sometimes. But to say that black is white ... a no go.

This is nonsense. A reset to default button is not hard to do. Finding the silver lining in a 3 sheet limit was not intentional by PD. Someone suggested saving files and sharing with friends etc. What an excellent idea.

Writing it down? What, in a notepad? What if my notepad is in my anorak, full with train model numbers?

As the title says, in GT5 there was a dedicated button for resetting the spring, transmission, etc. settings to default. But now I couldn't find this button or any reference to reset the settings to default. I mess much with the settings to try the optimal one and sometimes I need to start over. Please help.
Buy another car lol

That could take a hint from Forza in this area. Rather than having A.B,C allow the tune to be saved to a file and loaded from a file.
No need to look at Forza.
That feature was present in the inaugural Gran Turismo.
But as other useful things like the a proper gear indicator for speed and rpm this items were removed.
Too useful they said.....

Buy another car lol
Yes, very good point, sir! That's the spirit!
Suddenly I was enlightened ...
Or maybe I'm already starting to get bored with the Red Bull SC and I don't have money ... :)
Otherwise, yes. Where the is a will, there is a way! ;)

The main idea of multiple setups is that you can have/save different setup for different track. And there are more than 3 tracks in GT6. And then we have additional customization for different tuning levels (stock car / high-tuned).

PD is pushing PS3 on limits, no more resources for "reset" or "copy" function, they made huge job for showing live PP :)
C'mon, suspension settings are only a few bytes of memory, a=90, b= 90, c= 7.49, and so on, and copy and reset are simple programming lines. The Processor demands are the HD graphics and keeping track of all the moving objects in a 3d model space.

Actually I just realised there is something even more annoying than Loosing all your custom settings. Cars that dont have standard and customizable parts you cannot reset at all!? How crazy is that... And no going to B and C spec sheets is not a solution, what you are telling me I have to go back and forward memorising or writing down all the stock settings and then manually re-entering them back In Sheet A? What if your using B and C and they are messed up too?

Oh man, PD do frustrating stuff like that all the time. The worst part is they never learn from their mistakes. They make it work for GT5 and then take it out. Its like all PD employees are hit over the head with a hammer to cause amnesia every time they work on the next game.

GT5 also didn't have a refresh all thumbnails button, I made a thread on GTP that we need a refresh ALL thumbnails button, They add it via a patch (not implying correlation), and now its gone again in GT6.

👎

Back