How do you search for an online lobby?

• Thread starter govna420
  • 8 comments
govna420
Me: open up the region from NA to world. Include full rooms. Do not include lobbies with driving assist. I typically start by search rooms in the N-class, with tuning prohibited and always prefer real-life circuits. Once in room I will check the race settings and will only stay if we are using sports tires (assuming its a N-class race), sim settings (grip reduction to real, etc.) and that boost is off. Again I tend to prefer real-life conditions but have such a hard time in findings rooms like this. I will often create a room but it is hit or miss whether it will populate. I know people will say join a league, but having a wife and kids, I just need to be able to "pop in and pop out" when I ever get the chance to race. There seem to be plenty of Gr. 3/4 rooms with simulation settings, I'm just not seeing nearly as many N-class lobbys.

Thoughts?

Me: open up the region from NA to world. Include full rooms. Do not include lobbies with driving assist. I typically start by search rooms in the N-class, with tuning prohibited and always prefer real-life circuits. Once in room I will check the race settings and will only stay if we are using sports tires (assuming its a N-class race), sim settings (grip reduction to real, etc.) and that boost is off. Again I tend to prefer real-life conditions but have such a hard time in findings rooms like this. I will often create a room but it is hit or miss whether it will populate. I know people will say join a league, but having a wife and kids, I just need to be able to "pop in and pop out" when I ever get the chance to race. There seem to be plenty of Gr. 3/4 rooms with simulation settings, I'm just not seeing nearly as many N-class lobbys.

Thoughts?
You pretend a bit too much. GT Sport isn't a simulator, so it isn't common to find lobbies like that. Then quitting just because they aren't using Sport tyres is too much. If you want a real experience, go on Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2 and others. GT Sport is for people who just want to have fun, which doesn't seem to be your case. Just my opinion, you asked for thoughts.

You can check all the settings of a lobby prior to entering. Just press Triangle and see the settings.

Personally I only join lobbys that already have a few players in them and don‘t race any tires softer than RH with racecars or SS with N-class cars

There's usually an N class race in the Sport Mode > Daily Races (which rotate weekly). No tunes, but balance of performance will be on. Tyres usually sport hard but occasionally one of the comfort tyres. New race every twenty minutes, race duration usually between 6 - 9 minutes.

I love sport mode especially the A race but it loses its appeal when the race is an N-100 car for an entire week. More Sport Mode races would be great but I doubt that will happen. Never knew that I could view lobby settings by pressing triangle. Many thanks, Nuschel01.

Do not include lobbies with driving assist. I typically start by search rooms in the N-class, with tuning prohibited and always prefer real-life circuits. Once in room I will check the race settings and will only stay if we are using sports tires (assuming its a N-class race), sim settings (grip reduction to real, etc.) and that boost is off. Again I tend to prefer real-life conditions but have such a hard time in findings rooms like this.

You, sir, are a man after my own heart. This was what Shuffle racing in GT5 was all about, & I used to host many rooms back in the day. In GT6 I'd also host Tuning Prohibited rooms with road cars on Comfort Tyres. Everything was set to be as realistic as possible. I'd even have penalties off to stop cars ghosting & driving through each other (because cars don't do that in the real world you know ;)). The penalty for bad driving was being kicked out the lobby & put on my PSN Block list, & after some time I built up a good friends list of clean, competent & conscientious racing buddies.

That kind of racing was very popular in GT5 & GT6, however, not so much in GT Sport. I'd be running rooms like that myself all the time, but can't bring myself to drive Road Cars in GT Sport because of the terrible understeer vibration effect for FFB wheels. If they get rid of that, I'd be doing it again for sure. I only tried it once or twice in GT Sport, when I had a 14 day PSN Trial, & same as you the room didn't fill up. Most people are not interested in racing road cars on road tyres with realistic settings, which is a shame because that combination can produce some incredible racing.

I've got a question, what does it mean "race for real" in the lobby rooms, I understand that race for fun means you will not risk driver points. I was in a "race for real" room and I didn't gain or lose any points, please explain..

I've got a question, what does it mean "race for real" in the lobby rooms, I understand that race for fun means you will not risk driver points. I was in a "race for real" room and I didn't gain or lose any points, please explain..
Lobby races don't count towards DR or SR at all. It's only sport mode and FIA races that count for DR/SR.

The race for fun or race for real is just an indication of what type of racing you can expect in that lobby.

Back