How Does GT Sport's 2020 Toyota GR Supra Compare to the Real Thing?

Oh well I didn't read it. Still, graphics have come a long way.

Indeed. Though strangely enough, showing the lead image to my better half, she was able to immediately tell which is real. Odd, since she doesn't even play video games outside of ones on her phone! The reflections on the car's sides are the big hint IMO.

Indeed. Though strangely enough, showing the lead image to my better half, she was able to immediately tell which is real. Odd, since she doesn't even play video games outside of ones on her phone! The reflections on the car's sides are the big hint IMO.

The license plate is the biggest tell. Really good comparison shot otherwise.

The license plate is the biggest tell. Really good comparison shot otherwise.

Funny you mention that, I was really trying to figure out which one was which. I really wish PD would do away with the front license plate thing, it's really ugly on some cars, I mean most cars. LOL!

Let's just remove the front plates entirely, please. Thanks Kaz!

I thought the top image was the GTS car on first look too. Then I saw the strange reflection on the windscreen and realised it wasn't. Close call, good job Poly 👍

2020-Toyota-GR-Supra-Real-GT-Sport-Comparison-860x484.jpg

Without reading the article first and the comments above I think the top photo is from GT Sport. Why do I think that? Because of the front end and the license plate holder (or whatever you call it in English) on the real car. And the lighting on the front end of the GT Sport version looks strange and also the Toyota badge.
Also the reflection in the front window is not there. And the bottom photo's driver's seat has red on it. The rear spoiler is also off but I didn't which one was more real though.

As always, nice article @SlipZtrEm

EDIT:
Riding shotgun with a pro in the real thing ...
Isn't that obvious because there are no rear passenger seats? :sly:
No kikie because there were probably more people.

Last edited:
Top pic is real, the main giveaway is the reflections along the door and the "spot" reflection the sun causes. Also, GTS pic has fuzzy self shadowing from the mirror, and the bit near the plate/nose with the grilles has no self reflections in GTS.

Last edited:
Top pic is real, the main giveaway is the reflectiosn along the door and the "spot" reflection the sun causes. Also, GTS pic has fuzzy self shadowing from the mirror, and the bit near the plate/nose with the grilles has no self reflections in GTS.
:confused:

The image up top needed some very slight color correction to match the press shot, but that’s it.
Doesn't this mean that the press photo is the bottom photo?

:confused:

Not sure what that means or if they've worded it right, I just know that the GT pic is the bottom one.

For a more obvious confirmation, which I think is the one SlipZtrEm is referring to:
GTS' model is right-hand drive (see the gameplay interior shot in the article), and the article refers to the "wrong side" meaning the real car is not. You can also see the faintest glimpse of the right-sided wheel in the shots:
upload_2019-7-26_11-37-8.png

Not sure what that means or if they've worded it right, I just know that the GT pic is the bottom one.

For a more obvious confirmation, which I think is the one SlipZtrEm is referring to:
GTS' model is right-hand drive (see the gameplay interior shot in the article), and the article refers to the "wrong side" meaning the real car is not. You can also see the faintest glimpse of the right-sided wheel in the shots:
View attachment 838281
Indeed.

Holy:eek::bowdown:
I thought bottom one was the scape and top one was real.
I was ready to say "bottom pic just needed slightly more brightness and would be the same as the real one."
I'm still confused and can't decide which one's which.

Last edited:
No. The "image up top" is the image at the top of the article, not the upper part of that image.

Two things I doubted though was the rear spoiler and the shadow of the rearview mirror.

Bad, bad English knowledge you have @kikie.

Back