How does the GPS visualizer work?

• Thread starter lsantos72
  • 7 comments
I don't think anybody has ever used GPS visualizer in the full game. The only videos I saw of GPS visualizer were from pre-release demo versions of GT6.

AFAIK, the GPS visualizer is only in affect if one is of the tiny fractional percentage that can afford to fly around the world to the handful of real race courses where they have suitable sensors installed.

As to literally "How does it work", I'm not sure, but I'll speculate a bit from the typically stunted description and accompanying image.

When a car is driven on these special tracks, its position, speed, etc are recorded at fixed positions along the circuit. One then saves the array of data points to a file which is then loaded to GT6 for playback at a later time.

Last edited:
AFAIK, the GPS visualizer is only in affect if one is of the tiny fractional percentage that can afford to fly around the world to the handful of real race courses where they have suitable sensors installed.
Or if you download a replay file. Nissan ought to be making one available next month.

The sensors are in orbit and in your car's ECU, rather than dotted about certain tracks, for reference.

To answer the question, it's a GT6-compatible telemetry file taken from a real car's lap of a real track. You need that replay to use the feature, but it's identical to GT6's replay telemetry files.

Fair enough. but for me anyway, it seems a bit silly and pointless to load others' track work in situations I cannot myself enter into.
Unless you count being able to race in GT6 against that replay and use the telemetry traces to spot differences to improve your laptime.

Back