How does the rotation work T500PS4 

• Thread starter stevefoz
  • 8 comments
England
liverpool
GTP_stevefoz
I'm a bit confused with rotation, I've been using the T500 since day one and have never changed my rotation.
I know by using the mode button and the direction that you can change the degrees of rotation.
1. Flashes of the mode light is 270°
2. Flashes of the mode light is 360°
3. Flashes of the mode light is 540°
4. Flashes of the mode light is 900°
5. Flashes of the mode light is 1080°
I personally don't have a clue when or if I should ever change from 1080°, I just go to set up screens of what ever game I've ever played and calibrate there and then drive.
Should I be changing this setting before calibrating Project Cars for a better experience ?
If anyone could explain how this works I would appreciate it, or if there is already a thread about this subject ( I did look through the forum without success).
Another thing I would like to know is does anyone know if there is a way to reset the main options back to default, I know you can reset the cars but I can't find a way to reset the main option to default.
Thanks for any advice

the game should adjust the degrees of rotation depending on which car you get in. my T300 defaults to 900 and the angle of lock changes when I change cars. can't see the problem with leaving it on its max lock and letting the game alter it for you.

also main options to default is a no go. you can reset your wheel calibration and command mapping, but if you change anything in the camera or visuals options for example you can't revert to default. best start making notes lol

I have a t300rs and have changed from 1080 to 900 degrees. I didn't use the method you showed, I just used the calibrate wheel section and lock it to 900 degrees that way. So when you go to the wheel calibration screen, instead of turning your wheel all the way, during the second step, I stopped it at 900 degrees.

Using this method will save the settings as oppose to the mode button method as that resets itself.

Edit: I find it much better in 900 degrees mode, especially for older cars where in 1080 it felt like I had to turn the wheel for days just to get around a corner (ie; Historic Cup). Most other cars are adjusted on its own but I still prefer 900 degrees.

I have a t300rs and have changed from 1080 to 900 degrees. I didn't use the method you showed, I just used the calibrate wheel section and lock it to 900 degrees that way. So when you go to the wheel calibration screen, instead of turning your wheel all the way, during the second step, I stopped it at 900 degrees.

Using this method will save the settings as oppose to the mode button method as that resets itself.

Edit: I find it much better in 900 degrees mode, especially for older cars where in 1080 it felt like I had to turn the wheel for days just to get around a corner (ie; Historic Cup). Most other cars are adjusted on its own but I still prefer 900 degrees.
actually, i haven't adjusted the rotation on the wheel mode button so mine must default to 1080. will have a play around with the settings later

actually, i haven't adjusted the rotation on the wheel mode button so mine must default to 1080. will have a play around with the settings later

If you do decide to change it, I'd recommend using the method I showed earlier. When you use the mode button method, it doesn't save and will reset on it's own - not sure if it's a bug or just an oversight/restriction.

If you do decide to change it, I'd recommend using the method I showed earlier. When you use the mode button method, it doesn't save and will reset on it's own - not sure if it's a bug or just an oversight/restriction.
if you mean on the second stage of in game wheel calibration where you turn the wheel 90 degrees to where it says 900, then that's what i've always done anyway. in fact, mine's around 850 degrees when the wheel is physically at 90 as i found that if i set it to 900 when when the wheel self-aligns at the start of a race it's slightly wonky.

if you mean on the second stage of in game wheel calibration where you turn the wheel 90 degrees to where it says 900, then that's what i've always done anyway. in fact, mine's around 850 degrees when the wheel is physically at 90 as i found that if i set it to 900 when when the wheel self-aligns at the start of a race it's slightly wonky.

Funny you mention that, about it being wonky. I found that after I changed it to 900 degrees it seem to have cure the centre spring issue, as oppose to 1080. Hopefully when the patch releases it'll get rid of all that.

Funny you mention that, about it being wonky. I found that after I changed it to 900 degrees it seem to have cure the centre spring issue, as oppose to 1080. Hopefully when the patch releases it'll get rid of all that.

Interesting. My profiler for my T300 is set to 900 but I guess my mode button is set to 1080, and my ingame calibration is 882 (based on actual 90º of the wheel, not when the game says it's at 900, like Bleeder said). I've felt that my wheel hasn't felt quite right in the game, so perhaps this mis-mash of rotation settings is causing issues. I'll adjust my mode button to match my profiler and see how that feels. 👍

Back