How does the "underpowered car" bonus work?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 11 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Like, is it purely by horsepower? And is that compared to the N-series that the GT League Event is limites to, or the actual HP limit? For example, the FF Challenge in the Beginner league is an N400 event with a limitation of around 345HP. Also, does tweaking the weight of your car also impact this bonus? If you repeat a GT League race you've already won, and you win it again, are the rewards any lower?

It seems to be defined by class.
Enter a N400 race with an N300 car and you'll get a 20% bonus.
Use an N200 and it will be 40%.

You can tune the car, the bonus will be determined by the class the car is in after tuning.

Like, is it purely by horsepower?
Yes. Drop your car from the maximum class to the next class down, by reducing its horsepower, and you get a 20% higher payout. Reduce it again and you get 20% more. And so on.
And is that compared to the N-series that the GT League Event is limites to, or the actual HP limit? For example, the FF Challenge in the Beginner league is an N400 event with a limitation of around 345HP.
The lower limit of N400 is 345hp. N400 is for cars from 350PS to 449PS, or 345hp to 443hp.
Also, does tweaking the weight of your car also impact this bonus?
No. N-Classes are based on power and power alone. The value is the power, in PS, rounded to the nearest 100.
If you repeat a GT League race you've already won, and you win it again, are the rewards any lower?
No.

What you can do is increase the power of lower N class cars until they are one position on the power slider less than that which moves them into the next N class

I wonder if 150% the maximum bonus you can get this way (N300 in a N1000) as far as the game is concerned? Obviously I know it's pretty much impossible for any N200 car to beat an N1000!

Last edited:
I wonder if 50% the maximum bonus you can get this way (N300 in a N1000) as far as the game is concerned? Obviously I know it's pretty much impossible for any N200 car to beat an N1000!

Jump to 15:07 in the vid.

Long and Short the Handicap is effectively infinite, but in all practicality it depends on skill, AI and good luck. It is possible to take on N1000's with N300/400 cars and win, but the vid above shows a lot must go right.

Obviously I know it's pretty much impossible for any N200 car to beat an N1000!
There's at least two methods in Premium Sports Lounge, and one is featured on the GTP news page...
wonder if 50% the maximum bonus you can get this way (N300 in a N1000) as far as the game is concerned?
If you get 20% for dropping one level, and another 20% for dropping each further level, how do you figure it's 50% for seven levels?

There's at least two methods in Premium Sports Lounge, and one is featured on the GTP news page...

If you get 20% for dropping one level, and another 20% for dropping each further level, how do you figure it's 50% for seven levels?

Sorry that should have said 150% for an N300 car (as in cudweiser's video above) although if it's 20% per level, shouldn't it really be 140%?

In any case, if an N200 car were to beat an N1000 race I'm assuming you'd receive either 160% (or 170%) handicap bonus.

I got a 130% bonus at Maggiore Premium Sports lounge event, but I've forgotten which car. It was pretty easy by taking advantage of the rubber banding flaws.

In any case, if an N200 car were to beat an N1000 race I'm assuming you'd receive either 160% (or 170%) handicap bonus.
There is someone on YouTube that he used the Alpine A110 1600S N200 car in a N1000 race, and received a 170% handicad bonus, that was at the blue moon bay speedway and the payout is 405,000 credits for just over 12 minutes.

There is someone on YouTube that he used the Alpine A110 1600S N200 car in a N1000 race, and received a 170% handicad bonus, that was at the blue moon bay speedway and the payout is 405,000 credits for just over 12 minutes.
Blue Moon Bay seems unlikely, but Dragon Trail in the same series is very doable. So much so that we have it on the blog here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/easiest-ways-make-money-xp-gt-sport/

Back