How does your data get corrupted

  • Thread starter Thread starter askia47
  • 27 comments
  • 760 views
Messages
2,648
just wondering how it happened so it does not happen to me! :D
 
When u start to save and then a power cut happens....usually all your data will get wiped, but dunno about getting corrupted.
 
Originally posted by askia47
just wondering how it happened so it does not happen to me! :D

Usually by drinking, smoking, and hanging out with loose women.
 
Originally posted by askia47
just wondering how it happened so it does not happen to me! :D
using faulty codes, removing the memory card during save, DIRT in the card
 
there's a a lot of reasons why data gets corrupted....but I usually leave the card in my PS2 so it doesn't get dirty....
 
Don't buy generic memory cards, either. They are usually reverse-engineered and not 100% compatible with your system.

Ask me how I know. :irked:
 
Originally posted by risingson77
Don't buy generic memory cards, either. They are usually reverse-engineered and not 100% compatible with your system.

Ask me how I know. :irked:

how do u know?

oh those crap ones that u can get at like blockbuster....my friend got like 2 of them for like 30 bucks....and his files always get corrupted....but he still doesnt have a Playstation 2 one......
 
Originally posted by CarAlot
how do u know?

oh those crap ones that u can get at like blockbuster....my friend got like 2 of them for like 30 bucks....and his files always get corrupted....but he still doesnt have a Playstation 2 one......
Will they never learn, you GET what you PAY for
 
Originally posted by CarAlot
how do u know?

oh those crap ones that u can get at like blockbuster....my friend got like 2 of them for like 30 bucks....and his files always get corrupted....but he still doesnt have a Playstation 2 one......

I bought one for my PSX (back in 96). I had nothing but trouble - the final straw was when it killed my Final Fantasy 7 save.

Hardly worth the $5 I saved. :banghead:
 
I'm not using a offical Sony PS2 mem. card . I bought a 3rd party one ( can't remember the name , its purple in colour ) and its getting close to 1 year . The card has NEVER given me problems at all .
 
Your lucky but even the best ps2 mem cards can fail as it did to me and sandstorm
 
Somtimes it just gets corrupted when saving, I had a sony mem card and that stuffed up, The best thing to do is probably check it is'nt corrupt in the file organisation thing.....
 
Originally posted by under18carbon
I'm not using a offical Sony PS2 mem. card . I bought a 3rd party one ( can't remember the name , its purple in colour ) and its getting close to 1 year . The card has NEVER given me problems at all .

Some people do fine with third-party cards. But I've heard many horror stories, so the odds are generally against you.
 
Originally posted by risingson77
Some people do fine with third-party cards. But I've heard many horror stories, so the odds are generally against you.
Is exactly why I wont buy it if it doesnt say [Magicgate] on the card
 
I only buy official ones...
 
Of course, Logitech's Driving Force wheel is Sony-licensed and it still doesn't work properly. :dunce:
 
Get a Momo then ;)
 
Originally posted by Masterblaster
Is exactly why I wont buy it if it doesnt say [Magicgate] on the card

Yeah , it does say [Magicgate] on the card . What is this suppose to mean anyway ? I never actually bothered to find out , but since you mentioned it , I might as well ask .
 
Originally posted by under18carbon
Yeah , it does say [Magicgate] on the card . What is this suppose to mean anyway ? I never actually bothered to find out , but since you mentioned it , I might as well ask .
Means that is approved for use of PS2 by Sony
 
Directly from Sony's website:

"MagicGate" and "OpenMG"
Two new content protection technologies, tentatively called "MagicGate" and "OpenMG" will provide an urgently needed immediate solution for protecting digital music on personal computers and audio player/recorders that use IC recording media such as the "Memory Stick."

"MagicGate" for IC Recording Media and Player/Recorders "MagicGate" employs a microchip embedded in both the player/recorders and media to ensure that protected content is transmitted only between compliant devices and media. All content is transmitted and stored in an encrypted format to prevent unauthorized copying, playback and transmission of protected content.

Seems to be a copy protection scheme for Flash RAM.
 
Back