How good is this game?

Originally posted by BeasT-EL-33
I was wondering if I should look into getting GTC. Is it any good?
Where can i get it?

Beast,

Technically this game is amazing, I have both versions (Tokyo, Tokyo-Geneve). The car modelling is unsurpassed, I still don't know how they do it. The car physics are spot-on too, although there is a bit of poetic licence in the power and handling of the concept cars, of course.

There are so many great production cars in there, everything from Honda Civic Type-R to Mercedes AMG SL55. Attention to detail on the concept cars is great, the hybrid Honda Dualnote includes a charge meter for it's electric engine. All the latest cars from the JGTC are in there too.

Downpoint is that it's basically the same as the 'Arcade Mode' in GT3 so there is none of the buying, modifying and tinkering bliss that you get in GT3. But as a quick fix before GT4 it does it's job and is difficult, make that impossible, to leave alone before you've unlocked all the cars (which doesn't take long).

If only there was a way to get all the cars into GT3. Nevermind though, if 'concept' is anything to go buy then GT4 is going to be mind-blowing.

If you do buy it then buy 'GT Concept Tokyo-Geneve' it's got many more cars than the other version.

Hope this helps.

chaser_fan

Do you have platinum range in the US? If you do than it will be the same price as that.

And of course if you have a Sharkport there are extra cars (Alfa 147 & GTV, VW Polo GTi, Peugeot 106, 206cc and 406 Coupe, Fiat Punto Abarth and Barchetta, Mini One, Cooper and ficticious Cooper S Rally Car) to be found plus all the cars from GT3. The F1 cars don't have the correct body but you can drive your favourite GT3 car around Autumn Ring if you prefer.

It doesn't cost much....but then again, it hasn't got much to do either. The game is so damned short. It doesn't help that the game has no series races in it. Nevertheless, it's nice to own the game.

Latest Posts

Back