How I Bought a Gran Turismo Racing Pod

The one item that I had wanted for a long time, and which must be high on any serious GT collector’s want list, was a genuine Sony Gran Turismo Racing Pod.
The negotiations started with Marco making an initial offer on my behalf which was rejected by the seller, preferring to let the auction run. Which it did, without selling. Marco contacted the seller again with the same offer but he decided to re-list it and see if there was any other interest, which there wasn’t

Maybe it wasn't so high on the average GT collectors want list.

I agree they are very cool. However, the driving position is absolutely abysmal. Pedals too close and steering wheel too low.

Fair play to Jules, that is some effort and dedication to get hold of one. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Last edited:
Great Story Julian and a great read. I love seeing stories like this as I had dreamt of Winning one of those back when that Competition ran. But I also queried with Mercedes Benz World about one of those Pods as they've had them there since the GT5 Time Trials Competitions they were running to Win driving experiences in an AMG E Class around their track (Which I won too on it too!) I would finish up College every day and come Update my times so I could stay ahead as I lived right round the corner from Merc World at the time in Byfleet.

I may get In contact with them again to ask what they did with the Pods as recently they have had a complete renovation of their Simulator Area & they have DriveClub setup now on some standard Sim Rigs on T300's etc. Who know they may Just be sitting in an old storage unit somewhere! :D

Low wheel, far screen, very close and leaned pedals... maybe not bad for kids, or good enough for a 2 minutes event for every kind of public, as its purpose was.

Last edited:
I would love to own something like that, glad you're happy with that Rig.

I wonder if you have any other GT relate stuff in your Collections?

IMG_0512.jpg

Would love to get my hands on one of the new style pods :)

I agree they are very cool. However, the driving position is absolutely abysmal. Pedals too close and steering wheel too low.

Fair play to Jules, that is some effort and dedication to get hold of one. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

It's alot better than my current computer desk, office chair setup.
But anything is better then sitting on a couch looking sideways with a controller in your hand.

Man would love to have one of these things. But seeing how close the pedals are.. It would be pretty unpleasant for me as I have long legs. STILL though! Lol that's effing tuff man! Not to mention you got it JUST in time for all these racing games. Man I Hope you enjoy the hell outta that thing.! :D:tup:

Awesome story! Awesome purchase, well done! I too would love one of these, but no way my wife would let me... I'm so jealous of you!

Just wondering if anyone has one of these up for sale, I think you might have a buyer right here...

This looks pretty cool too:

Wow, how many of these pods have there been, there should be a thread about this...

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Kyle Patrick (@SlipZtrEm) on August 6th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Series category.
Man yhis is totally worth it, and this is something i woyld have done myself , had i have a partner as understanding as you have.

Thank you sharing the ordeal you went through in getting this to your home.

I am very happy for you and also very jealous!

Congrats !! Again this is totally worth it.

Back