How I make over 2,300,000 credits/hour through custom races... using a Demio! (1.44)

I see everybody using the Tomahawk X due to the higher PP, but instead of spending the money on it why couldn’t I just use the Red Bull cars? That immediately saves me 1 million credits at the cost of slightly lower payouts.
You can, many people do so.

I think the Demio is faster than the Jeep. I have yet to find anything else that beats that.
The Demio goes so far below 200pp when max detuned that you can fit in an absolute ton of engine upgrades and weight reductions, so it's a proper little pocket rocket when it's at its 600pp spec.
Guess what...

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122200712.jpg

We need a better tune.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201126.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201126.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201132.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201132.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201137.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201137.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201232.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201232.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201229.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231122201229.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 25
So far the Mazda Demio is the best one for me. I see I'm not the only one using it! 1:17 second lap time afk/ruberbands. 645,750 credits per 26 lap race. That's about 1.5M per hour. Still tweaking it to make it faster.

Deets to keep the low power map from exceeding threshold for max credits:
*no weight savings
*both power restrictors and full ballast weight on the nose

UPDATED nrs above

Last edited:
So far the Mazda Demio is the best one for me. I see I'm not the only one using it! 1:25 second lap time afk/ruberbands. 750,000 credits per 26 lap race. That's about 1.5M per hour. Still tweaking it to make it faster.
Been doing 1.5M per hour at Spa for over a year now...

I tried using the Himedic which you can get under 200pp, but for one reason or another Polyphony doesn't allow you to race it with other cars. The moment you select it, it changes all the other cars on the grid to Himedic too. It's also still a pig with 400+hp and 4600lbs. I guess the brick aero doesn't help

I found a Daytona grind that pays 1.7-2m per hour, using the sheet swap method of course :)

Car: Honda S660 ‘15
Laps: 14 (43-44s with nitrous dying at finish line)
Time: Approx 10m 20s
Payout: 347,000

It’s not the most efficient but I like it for the low effort and short duration. Sometimes I just want to drive circles and listen to music or a podcast.
The updated OP is great btw, thanks mate.

Finer details and credit for my post goes to this guys video, although a little click bait and incorrect:

Did they change it again? The moment I switch my carsettings from 199 PP to full power, payout gets reset to the lower amount 🤔 Any ideas?

I went to Bathurst custom race, loaded my usual settings (5 Laps and so on) then changed carsettings to full power and after the race, payout was only like 100k. If I check the payout before the race while 199PP applied, it clearly says 279,300 credits.

So, the task here is to find a car and setup where you can create a “low” sheet that is below the 200pp payout threshold, but also create a “high pp” sheet that allows for very fast lap times (I.e high top speed, if we’re committed to oval tracks).

I’ve tried over a dozen candidates so far. Oh also I should mention I’m driving manually, not AFKing.

My notes:

1. The above requirements mean the low and high configuration pages must share any modifications that cannot be removed via the config sheet. This includes custom wings/aero, weight reduction, tire offset, and non-removable engine upgrades such as engine swap or port polish., etc.

2. There are a few cars you can cripple to be below even the 100pp threshold, which would enable even greater payout potential, but they’re all too slow in their high-pp configuration to make it worthwhile. (And the HIMEC only lets you race against other HIMECS anyway).

3. For most cars, using the “close” gear ratio transmission yields the lowest PP, as does the full custom LSD and enabling torque vectoring, if the car allows it.

4. Sometimes you can drop the PP by using mismatched tires, such comfort-hard on the front and heavy-wet on the rear, but usually comfort-hard all around is the lowest PP.

4. Cars from the legend dealership are generally bad candidates because they have few if any custom parts available.

5. Lightweight cars are generally bad candidates because to get them below the 200pp threshold, you have to detune them to like 50hp, foregoing any “permanent” upgrades and making their “high pp” sheet too slow.

So far, the best car I’ve found is the Toyota Atenza, the street version not the Gr.3. It can be de-tuned below 200pp while having tuned sheet over 600pp, with a top speed over 330kph. Nitrous only lasts 8 laps, though. Getting very roughly about 2 million credits per hour with it.

Demio is second place. Similarly, its low pp sheet is just below 200 and high is around 600, with a similar top speed, but it’s a lot less stable at those speeds, and has less torque so it loses more speed through corners.

There very well may be better cars out there I haven’t found yet. I’ll probably keep trying. The biggest hindrance is how random cars are in terms of what parts are actually available to them. Why can the Atenza buy a close-ratio trans but the Athlete cannot? Who knows. Seems completely arbitrary.

Last edited:
the best car I’ve found is the Toyota Atenza, the street version not the Gr.3. It can be de-tuned below 200pp
How do you manage to get it under 200PP?
I am at 226 and did not installed any upgrades so far.

ECU -> 70%
Power restrictor -> 70%
Tyres comfort hard
Anti lag strong
200kg ballast set in the spot they lower PP the most.
Short gearbox

[Edit] down to 200,96 with anti-lag installed but set to none, dirt tyres on the rear and CH front, ballast 200kg position -4. Might get some more gains playing with the custom differential

Last edited:
How do you manage to get it under 200PP?
I am at 226 and did not installed any upgrades so far.

ECU -> 70%
Power restrictor -> 70%
Tyres comfort hard
Anti lag strong
200kg ballast set in the spot they lower PP the most.
Short gearbox

[Edit] down to 200,96 with anti-lag installed but set to none, dirt tyres on the rear and CH front, ballast 200kg position -4. Might get some more gains playing with the custom differential

IMG_7863.jpeg

IMG_7862.jpeg

It’s probably the comfort: mediums in the back that you’re missing, or the maxed front downforce.

Also try changing the tire offset at GT auto if you’re still a point or two off.

Last edited:
View attachment 1306751

View attachment 1306752

It’s probably the comfort: mediums in the back that you’re missing, or the maxed front downforce.

Also try changing the tire offset at GT auto if you’re still a point or two off.
199.60 now 😁 ending with very close settings to yours. Onto max PP now

[Edit]Need to optimize max PP, car is a bit slow, lap around 1min26... barely reaches 200kph at the end of the straight. Gearbox maybe too long too.

376k+ Cr. without CRB, nice if I can make the lap time shorter

Last edited:
Hmm, my lap times are 43 seconds (Daytona) - but that’s with boost and driving it myself. It likes to be shifted early, by the way. Power drops hard at high rpms.

Last edited:
But can you get 1.5m/hr at Spa without touching the controller? If so, that's mighty impressive.
That's not the point. When I posted that right after the 1.41 update, the max amount the ideas here generated was 1 million per hour.
Plus by actually playing the game you learn the tracks. I'm nowhere close to the best Sport Mode driver, but I can dominate my class at Sarthe and Spa and have a fighting chance at Tokyo East, Sardegna Road A, Road Atlanta, St Croix, and several others.
And, for playing so long, I have every car in the game with multiples of several.

That's not the point. When I posted that right after the 1.41 update, the max amount the ideas here generated was 1 million per hour.
Plus by actually playing the game you learn the tracks. I'm nowhere close to the best Sport Mode driver, but I can dominate my class at Sarthe and Spa and have a fighting chance at Tokyo East, Sardegna Road A, Road Atlanta, St Croix, and several others.
And, for playing so long, I have every car in the game with multiples of several.
No actually that is exactly the point. You missed it, not me.

Plus by actually playing the game you learn the tracks.
We players grinding on Tokyo 600 already got bored to the point of dropping PP to find out the car that wins with the least PP at some point.
But I can totally see why others would want to just have the cash to not need to drive certian tracks in a seemingly neverending loop with effort and instead let it happen while spending/enjoying your time in a different/better way.

The only thing I would wish for was having the missions having repeatable rewards, neither are they high on the list per efficiency, nor are they as boring (to me), so this would be a big thing.

Latest Posts

Back