How long did it take you to go Platinum in gt5?

I started a new account December 7 and just need to get to level 40 spec for platinum...I aiming for less than a month's time. gamertag Energizedmortal

Note: i did train for about a year with first account before learning how to gold events and to get to apec 40 i will tape up the controller at Indy

Here's how my current progress went (I work from 9 to 5pm but did break night a few times and gf almost threw my ps3 out the window a couple of times)

1- Did all 60 licenses gold- 2-3 days

2- All gold Special events - 1 week
vettel- used Driving force pro Monza- 4 hours Nurb- 8 hours Suz- 8 hours
(just do it over and over and over again until its all instinct muscle memory)

3-Bspec all gold- borrowed needed cars from first account - 3 weeks

4- random achievements like 1000 cars and air of experience were 13 hours each non stop grinding (bought 700 karts reloaded save data) air of experience- a keyboard and fan can do it for you check youtube

5- aspec 40 from level 37 - tape up joystick at indy ...i left it running for four days straight

Ps The longest I have had my ps3 on is 2 weeks straight (bought a backup ps3 incase i get a yellow light or something... and don't forget to backup your game data file)

I have 2 questions:

1) Did you platinum you first account?

2) Are you enjoying this process to platinum in a month? The way you describe it, it seems like a grind and not at all enjoyable.

To answer your question it took me 9 months or so but it wasn't until the last 2 weeks of it or so that I made a point to try and do it.

I have 2 questions:

1) Did you platinum you first account?

2) Are you enjoying this process to platinum in a month? The way you describe it, it seems like a grind and not at all enjoyable.

To answer your question it took me 9 months or so but it wasn't until the last 2 weeks of it or so that I made a point to try and do it.

1) I did platinum the first account using 1.10 glitches...wanted a clean plat this time

2) oddly I really am enjoying the challenge of the "one month" grind...just a "little" bit hooked right now lol beats playing games with our declining world economy. i go home after work everyday and just play for hours until I fall asleep at the wheel , im sure this phase will pass though as did my socom , call of duty, and halo days

Golded everything but and this a big but ! the vettel challenge nurburgring and monza need golds got 1 bronze 1 sliver 1 gold :( al never get this to get this platinum but my account is 100% 91% so not all that bad :)

Infinity.
I will never drive 2 24 hour races, entirely to much like work for me. Hell I haven't and don't really plan to do the 9 hour Tsukuba or the Suzuka enduro. If it's not fun why bother? For me it's just bloody boring all that.

I got the platinum in 2 months :sly: (without finishing the last endurances in a spec: 24hours le mans and nordschleife)

Took me long enough to get 40 on both A and B-Spec, platinum won't be for a while, if ever.

You really bought 700 Karts ? :crazy:

Sounds like you just "Wanted" the Platinum trophy asap, and not really playing the game like it should be played.

CSLACR
Infinity.
I will never drive 2 24 hour races, entirely to much like work for me. Hell I haven't and don't really plan to do the 9 hour Tsukuba or the Suzuka enduro. If it's not fun why bother? For me it's just bloody boring all that.

The 24 hours of Le Mans was my most memorable and enjoyable GT5 experience. And this was pre mid race saves. You should try it.

After attempting to complete one lap of the Redbull X1 challenge for an hour, I realized I was never going to get a platinum so I just gave up altogether. :lol:

Never, all gold is the one that's impossible for me. 1K cars will just take a long time. I don't know how to get my B-spec driver to the height of his career though. He's raced the 24 Hrs of Le Mans like 5 times now. :|

The 24 hours of Le Mans was my most memorable and enjoyable GT5 experience. And this was pre mid race saves. You should try it.
I just don't enjoy it when I have to deliberately handicap myself so severely, unfortunately I can't really enjoy any racing against the AI at all. :(

Never, all gold is the one that's impossible for me. 1K cars will just take a long time. I don't know how to get my B-spec driver to the height of his career though. He's raced the 24 Hrs of Le Mans like 5 times now. :|
Finish about 500 races with him, until the experience bar or whatever it's called (white) goes all the way to the right.
Haven't done that myself either yet. I mean seriously, who the hell wants to run 500 b-spec races? (remote races don't count :grumpy: )

Yeah I know what you mean. The racing itself was okay, took the lead and just drove away. It was experiencing time change in real time that made the experience. It's different than just setting the game to change rapidly, it was very cool to see the gradual changes. I wish they would improve the AI also, and mechanical damage would do wonders to endurance racing but whatever, have to hold out hope for that to happen in GT6.

Edit: On topic, the Air of Experience really was the only one that felt like a grind to me. Once I started working on it I would run Sunday Cup Tsukuba race over and over with an X1 while surfing the internet or doing other things. Took forever, especially since I stopped every 4 races to check the UCD for cars I didn't have.

Buying 700 karts to get 1000 cars would have driven me insane. I did it by buying cars as they came up in the UCD. Slow for sure, but now I have every car.:sly:

energizedmortal
1) I did platinum the first account using 1.10 glitches...wanted a clean plat this time

2) oddly I really am enjoying the challenge of the "one month" grind...just a "little" bit hooked right now lol beats playing games with our declining world economy. i go home after work everyday and just play for hours until I fall asleep at the wheel , im sure this phase will pass though as did my socom , call of duty, and halo days

As long as you are Enjoying it, that's the most important bit.

Buying 700 karts to get 1000 cars would have driven me insane. I did it by buying cars as they came up in the UCD. Slow for sure, but now I have every car.:sly:
I bought 800cars, lots from the used car dealership and the others from the car dealer then the remaining 200 was just karts.

At the moment I'm 99% complete. I have the two 24hr races left, bronzed the first 2 vettel challenges (gonna take a while to gold those ones) and level 40 A and B spec. That'll finish off the GT part. Then trophies all I need is 1-2 finish (need a second control lol), the b-spec driver career one and then obviously all gold and that'll be platinum for me. Been going since GT5 was released and doing what I can when I can trying to fit it in with work. I'll get platinum one day lol.

Kudos to you if you can do it in a month

Oh and I only had a very few doubles of cars to reach the 1000. The goal was to own them all so a lot of grinding to change the used car dealership to get them all.

Finally got Platinum last night. :)

Taken me a long time, but then again i haven't played the game just to get the Platinum, i've been trying to get everything else 100% too. Only have the A-Spec Nurburgring 24h race to do and then everything will be 100% done/golded.

I got a fellow GTP member to do the Vettel Challenge for me though, as i came close to pulling my hair out. Hardest challenge in any GT game ever. :(

I am nowhere near lol and never will be.

Would like a thread title of legitimate platinum. ( glitching Nurb and stuff ) bet that would cut the numbers drastically lol.

I'm not condemning BTW. Each to there own.

I am nowhere near lol and never will be.

Would like a thread title of legitimate platinum. ( glitching Nurb and stuff ) bet that would cut the numbers drastically lol.

I'm not condemning BTW. Each to there own.
The percentage of people able to gold the Vettel challenge alone would be staggeringly low. I'd guess less then 1% of all 6 some million buyers can achieve it.

I'm all for people playing however they want, but when glitches make something go from next to impossible to easy as pie, it kind of takes away the meaning of it all. :(

FTW I recommend visiting the UCD every 5 days and buying every car without a blue marker next to it (meaning you have it already) that way not only do you get the 1,000 cars easily, but you then no longer need to search for most any car in the game. 👍

I'll never understand those who play games just to get trophies or achievements. I mean taping your controller up for 3 days and buying 700 karts? Have you ever sat back and thought about what you're doing? This and every other game is meant for enjoyment and fun, where is there fun in either of those tasks? One of them you're not even playing the game!

I'll never understand those who play games just to get trophies or achievements. I mean taping your controller up for 3 days and buying 700 karts? Have you ever sat back and thought about what you're doing? This and every other game is meant for enjoyment and fun, where is there fun in either of those tasks? One of them you're not even playing the game!

This is the first and last game I'll ever platinum. I don't play games just to get trophies...it started as a joke among friends "you can't go platinum , even if you did do you know how long it would take you?"

Then believe it or not I enjoy playing the game just to play way more now because I'm no longer aiming for completion or to prove a useless point to a friend who doesn't even care.

To answer a few questions above...

you don't need to complete A spec at all to go platinum as long as you do all gold completion in B spec. But you do need to get to Aspec level 40. For game progress to be 100 percent you would need to complete all Aspec events.

Vettel- Its not "hard" its time consuming. Its simply physics, the car, your hands, and the track have limits...reach them. Again, I used a instinct muscle memory game plan of not stopping until it was gold in a span of three nights. At the end of the first 8 hours after golding suzuka my back, hands, and butt hurt but...you tell me how you felt when you accomplished a task you were set out for?

I didn't go platinum in a month to show off the trophy, it was the allure of the personal time challenge. Thank you all for your insight.

Last edited:
How did you get platinum with one race left to do? Don't you need all golds and all trophies to go platinum?
Yeah i was slightly confused about that for a short while too, until i realised that i just needed A-Spec level 40. The OP explained it above though.

Game completion is at 99% at the mo, will be 100% once the 24h race is done.

SimonK: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=237809

Back