HOW LONG DO WE HAVE LEFT?

• Thread starter e30318is
  • 13 comments
Australia
Australia
titchy8
Now with gt7 available for pre-order. Realistically how long do you guys and girls think we have left before GT SPORT daily races etc get switched off? I just order a new sim rig and fanatic dd1 in anticipation for gt7 however keen to get out there and get some practice in before march. I just wonder how long will gtsport servers hold out.

If I were to guess, probably until sometime after GT7 gets released. Polyphony in the past didn't close GT5 nor GT6's servers until after the next game came out. So, it'll probably be the same case here.

You still have time to practice with GTS.

About 5-6 months after the new game comes out seems to be roughly what they go with. So somewhere around August/September 2022.

Related: When it does shut down, would it go the way of MAG, except with eight accessible cars?
I really hope it's made open for offline play, with offline saves and just the Sport part is removed. It's such a shame if not, the game is a work of art IMO and I still have a lot left to see and experience personally.

And what a tool for car lovers in every sense with scapes modes, and museums and detailed history's of all the brands and cars, it seems a huge waste to just close it off. I get that the idea is 7 will do it all and more but it should still be left there for those with a couple of quid to throw at a game for old time's sake or who would only pick a game like this up for pennies / nothing.

I really hope it's made open for offline play, with offline saves and just the Sport part is removed. It's such a shame if not, the game is a work of art IMO and I still have a lot left to see and experience personally.

And what a tool for car lovers in every sense with scapes modes, and museums and detailed history's of all the brands and cars, it seems a huge waste to just close it off. I get that the idea is 7 will do it all and more but it should still be left there for those with a couple of quid to throw at a game for old time's sake or who would only pick a game like this up for pennies / nothing.
At this stage GT Sport will end up like a MAG game once the server goes down, but if there is a offline save for GTS I suppose the game would be good for some people.
I don't mind which way GT Sport will end up once the server ends, because I am certainly not going to play GTS ever again once GT7 comes out.

Especially when initially starting the game, without updates, players got access to way more cars in Arcade.

If GT Sport is a game you can buy for PS5, wouldn't Sony keep selling the game and keep the game live even if there are no more updates and there is a new version of the game?

Similar to all the other PS4 games available on PS5. Unlikely but some new GT7 players may go back and buy the older game, still pay for DLC, I don't know, maybe?

Why would anyone want to do daily races in GT Sport after GT7 has come out?
Because not everyone is going to rush out and buy GT7 until it's been around a little while. GT7 might prove to be buggy and chaotic at first (pessimistic view, but not impossible) so GTS might still provide the better online experience at first. But if it all works flawlessly, then the only reason is for people who haven't yet updated to GT7, and for those clinging on to nostalgia.

Why would anyone want to do daily races in GT Sport after GT7 has come out?
When lots of racers flock to the online races on GT7 it will open up a lot of room on the GT Sport Daily Races, and maybe those of us that DON'T have the skills, wheel setups, and loads of time can possibly win some races...

Back