How long does the FGT Championship last?

  • Thread starter Thread starter F1
  • 23 comments
  • 1,406 views

F1

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Premium
Messages
2,203
United Kingdom
Scotland
Messages
GTP_Lamborghini
How long does the FGT Champ. Last?
 
Way too long...
 
It's like half an hour per race do the math.
 
You get a decent tune though and easy on the throttle it is quite a experience. It's actually competitive to a point.
I don't know if they have patched it since, but I know when I done it the Nurburgring race was easy as the A.I. cars all spun off at the last chicane!
 
dhandes
You get a decent tune though and easy on the throttle it is quite a experience. It's actually competitive to a point.
I don't know if they have patched it since, but I know when I done it the Nurburgring race was easy as the A.I. cars all spun off at the last chicane!
Thanks. I've stopped at just before Monaco!
 
A tip is when your in the middle of the pack, take it easy and try not to make any misstakes when having cars around you.

This series has the worst "catch up effect" in the entire game.

If your last and lets say 15sec off the leader, you can gain 6sec with a good lap, on Fuji for example, including loosing a bit when overtaking.

While in the lead you can push the car to the limit with no traffic and only pull away a 1sec or so.
 
From when I completed the championship, each race was roughly around 30 minutes to an hour.. Monaco and Suzuka were especially tough on me, since Suzuka rained for me, and Monaco's pretty obvious. But I believe a decent enough tune and a competitive edge will net you a championship title.
 
Half an hour if you want to win. Infinitely long if you want to lose.
 
Yes, pretty long. Suzuka in the rain was my favorite.
 
Thanks for the replies!

Can I ask, is it better to start Suzuka on Int's or Wet's? Does it always rain?
Cheers!
 
I did it in B-Spec, and it would've taken about 3 and a half hours, but I skipped a few events and got an overall 1st in about an hour and a half... I really only won because the AI chose non-rain tires when a race would start on a wet track, and my Bob would lap them all once... and they'd still catch up. I'm still trying to figure out a time to do tis event in A-Spec, along with the endurances. There was a sad moment on Suzuka where my Bob was about to go into the pits, and some AI car entered slightly too quick, hit the grass, and spun on the entrance to the pits. It caught two or three cars in the mess, and blocked the pit entry for a few seconds... It was hilarious, and I saved the replay. XD
 
Just do it, it's fun!

P.S. If you don't want to do Suzuka in the wet, skip it, you'll still win the championship provided you win the others. You can then go back & re-do it to get the gold, most times on a dry track. :)
 
Thanks for the replies!

Can I ask, is it better to start Suzuka on Int's or Wet's? Does it always rain?
Cheers!

I rarely ever use racing wets, only if the track is INSANELY wet; maybe around 75-80% moisture. The intermediates are more durable (at least since I last used them, I haven't raced in the rain with Racing Wets since Pre-Spec II). You really don't know when it will rain, I'm pretty sure its random. Fuji, Indy, and Monaco don't have a rain variant, I believe. Good Luck.
 
If you end up doing it, some advice would be to tune your transmission. For tracks with a lot of straights, give more top speed and the opposite for tight tracks. I only changed it about 2-3 notches either way. It makes a huge difference.
 
I rarely ever use racing wets, only if the track is INSANELY wet; maybe around 75-80% moisture. The intermediates are more durable (at least since I last used them, I haven't raced in the rain with Racing Wets since Pre-Spec II). You really don't know when it will rain, I'm pretty sure its random. Fuji, Indy, and Monaco don't have a rain variant, I believe. Good Luck.

At one stage, racing softs apparently gave better grip than wets? Is this still ths case?
 
dhandes
You get a decent tune though and easy on the throttle it is quite a experience. It's actually competitive to a point.
I don't know if they have patched it since, but I know when I done it the Nurburgring race was easy as the A.I. cars all spun off at the last chicane!

I won the Nurburgring race by around a minute because they all kept spinning. Plus you could cut the last chicane if you really wanted to pull out a massive gap.
 
Thanks guys. Just finished and I skipped Suzuka!
 
Jaywalker
Go back to it now & you should have a dry track.

I couldn't do it dry! I kept getting tonnes of understeer!!
 
I couldn't do it dry! I kept getting tonnes of understeer!!

LOL! You need to practice. ;) Have you tuned your car? Or go do an oil change, up your top speed by 20 km/h & max out your downforce. You can also soften your front springs/dampers a bit & raise the front ride height just a tad.

It's nice to have all golds. :)
 
Jaywalker
LOL! You need to practice. ;) Have you tuned your car? Or go do an oil change, up your top speed by 20 km/h & max out your downforce. You can also soften your front springs/dampers a bit & raise the front ride height just a tad.

It's nice to have all golds. :)

I know i need to practice! I'll do what you said and report back!
 
Back