What platform are you on?

• PS4 (any variant)

Votes: 87 43.9%
  • PS5

Votes: 111 56.1%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
As above, I'm interested to know the split.

Currently on PS4 with the ONLINE lag and now the freezing car issue it's completely unplayable ONLINE and simply, I haven't touched it even just for messing around on (seeing as I quit any ONLINE serious competitive action months ago).

Is the solution really only to buy a PS5, for one game ONLINE, which isn't complete, still has lobby functions missing, has really poor ffb and unbalanced BOP? It simply doesn't compute in my book.

If there is a version of the game has been released for PS4 then it should work. No if's or but's.

Last edited:

Currently on PS4 with the lag and now the freezing car issue it's completely unplayable and simply, I haven't touched it even just for messing around on (seeing as I quit any serious competitive action months ago).

Is the solution really only to buy a PS5, for one game, which isn't complete, still has lobby functions missing, has really poor ffb and unbalanced BOP? It simply doesn't compute in my book.

If there is a version of the game has been released for PS4 then it should work. No if's or but's.
GT7 (disc version) plays just fine on my PS4 slim standard; something is wrong with your system/installation.

Last edited:

Currently on PS4 with the lag and now the freezing car issue it's completely unplayable and simply, I haven't touched it even just for messing around on (seeing as I quit any serious competitive action months ago).

Is the solution really only to buy a PS5, for one game, which isn't complete, still has lobby functions missing, has really poor ffb and unbalanced BOP? It simply doesn't compute in my book.

I'm on a ps5 but plenty of my league mates are still PS4
Sounds like most of the problems are your side & not the game

PS5.

I’ve downloaded and played the PS4 version of GT7 on my PS5 (to get the ps4 plat trophy for free) and it was a noticeable drop in quality.

Load times were shocking, graphics were less and the frame rates were shocking.

(Back to my PS5 experience)
When playing online in custom lobbies with mates - all of the issues seem to come from the couple of guys with ps4’s. (Issues that freeze up the lobby with sync issues is the main issue)

I’d recommend a ps5 over a ps4 any day. The load times being significantly shorter, with better frame rates is well worth it… even when playing ps4 games, the experience is improved.

Last edited:
This is my experience as well.
Interesting. There are loads of players saying the ps4 version is unplayable on this forum alone. I mean loads.

It's not my ps4 or my installation, nor is it theirs.

GT7 (disc version) plays just fine on my PS4 slim standard; something is wrong with your system/installation.
Are you playing online?

Thankfully I have no freezing problems but yes the PS4 version is bad, and with today's news regarding Horizon FW DLC, you can bet it will be killed very soon.

Spa, Nordschleife, Le Mans, Watkins and a few other tracks have noticeable fps drops with a full 20 car grid.

PS4 user here but i tried out the PS5 version few times.

Personally, it ain't that bad aside from one small issue; the god awful loading times. I went back and forwards between GT Sport and GT7 and it's clear that GT Sport was faster & less clunky to a degree.

Online mode is a bit less stable and buggy on the PS4 version but i rarely play Online nowadays to begin with.

Last edited:
I am playing the PS4 disc version on my PS5, I would love to upgrade to the PS5 version, but I cannot justify replacing my perfectly fine Thrustmaster t500rs.

Actually, What I meant to say is that I cannot justify a new wheel to my wife!

Last edited:
Interesting. There are loads of players saying the ps4 version is unplayable on this forum alone. I mean loads.

It's not my ps4 or my installation, nor is it theirs.

Are you playing online?
Most my play is single-player, but I did a sport mode race a few days ago and didn't experience any issues.

Primarily on PS5, but when I have played on PS4 (pro) when at my parents house the game functions fine everywhere except in lobbies, where there has always been that chance of freezing/hangups that has become prevalent now. It never used to happen in races though, only in pre race practice.

There is certainly an issue with the PS4 generation, and it's only getting worse as the game grows. We've developed from minor freezes/stutters offline and in online lobbies to widespread FPS issues, offline game crashes (though this is patched) and now severe stutters in many online races. It will be very interesting to see how they proceed, because the growth of these issues makes it feel to me that the game is becoming too much for the PS4 to properly handle.

I thought it was ridiculous at launch when there was talk of them dropping PS4 support down the line, but to be honest I can now very much see it happening if the game is going to get long term support.

PS4 Pro here.

I have never been able to get into Meeting Places on individual tracks, always crashing.

Though Sport Mode plays just fine.

Starting on PS4 slim. Experienced all the problems with game freezing and constantly not loading. Got a PS5(just happened to score one and at the original price before the price increase). Minor initial loading issue, when switching from different games to GT7. Nothing to complain about.

The frame rate is a bit choppy with 20 cars on screen. Wouldn’t think that should be happening when I’m using the frame rate option over ray tracing. I’m satisfied, indeed happy with my purchase.

Can report that I just played for about an hour and a half (all single-player) on my PS4 Slim and did not encounter any stuttering, lagging, freezing, non-loading, crashes, or any other issues (besides the understeery mess than the Porche 918 is LOL).

What (if any) testing have you/they done to isolate the problem? How is your PS connected to your modem / the internet, what sort of connection, what is the connection quality, how many other users on the connection and what are they doing when you play, what is the state of your local internet distribution network, how far are you from the servers? All of these factors could be causing your issues.

I'm PS4 and on the other side of the world from most lobbies I join and usually have a pretty smooth ride. On the days that I don't, a look at my internet connection almost invariably reveals that my modem needs a reboot or one or more of the people sharing my connection are doing stuff that uses lots of bandwidth or the quality of the connection between the modem and the rest of the world is having a really bad day. On the rare occasions that none of those are true, I've had the game running but not in use for a couple of hours before joining the lobby. I recommend getting someone who knows how networks work having a look at your connection and optimising it (if possible, some ISPs are just crap) and restarting your PS (turn off and on, not just wake from standby mode) and game just before playing.

Edit: One should also be careful to distinguish between game issues and connection/network issues. I do get a bit of framerate slow down on Spa and one or two other tracks with lots of trees.

Last edited:
Can report that I just played for about an hour and a half (all single-player) on my PS4 Slim and did not encounter any stuttering, lagging, freezing, non-loading, crashes, or any other issues (besides the understeery mess than the Porche 918 is LOL).
Now try daily races.....

You probably need to clarify that the issues are when playing online as it appears other posters haven't picked up on that.

Ps4 with disc. Slow load times but the graphics are fine and no lag... If I can find a PS5 I will upgrade.

I play it on PS5 and haven't really noticed anything unusual except that sometimes when it wakes up from sleep mode there's a 70% chance that a random AI or 2 will not refuel during a race. This seems to only happen after waking it from sleep mode.

Regular PS4 here.
Only can point out the mentioned huge loading times and noticeable frame drop in some sections of some tracks, specially at the end of the Kemmel straight at Spa with full grids (to the point of avoiding the 1hr Spa race, despite loving the track and the high payout), but also, in less extent on other tracks, some frame drops, specially in wet conditions.
Considering the game was retrofitted from a more powerful generation hardware, I expected a lot worse before launch.
Never experienced freezes or any issues playing Sport Mode. Never tried "Meeting Places" tough.

PS4 and I'm glad I didn't get a PS5 for it.

Now the problem is that I can't find a damn Xbox Series X to play FM7 while waiting for FM8.

PS5.

With PS5s getting much easier to get hold of now, (Source - Sony), I think most players who are serious about their gaming and future GT games will upgrade.

Although I am bemused why so many haven't already, with the 5 being out over 2 years. The PS4 is an almost 10 year old dinosaur. They need to stop diluting PS5 games to have them on the 4 also. Like GT7, prime example.

If everyone played on a 5 we may be able to get rid of the incompatible machine coding issues and finally get bigger grid sizes.

Finally 🥱

PS5.

With PS5s getting much easier to get hold of now, (Source - Sony), I think most players who are serious about their gaming and future GT games will upgrade.

Although I am bemused why so many haven't already, with the 5 being out over 2 years. The PS4 is an almost 10 year old dinosaur. They need to stop diluting PS5 games to have them on the 4 also. Like GT7, prime example.

If everyone played on a 5 we may be able to get rid of the incompatible machine coding issues and finally get bigger grid sizes.

Finally 🥱

Supply issues, cost, many games still being crossgen - I’ve had the 5 from day one but it’s not a surprise why so many are sticking with what they have.

I upgraded from a ps4 pro to play it in all its full glory "cough" it ended up being a waste of time as i am mostly playing the same games i played on the pro. But i did finally get a RTX3070 @ RRP for my pc so i am looking forward to forza i just hope they don't forget to add a single player career.

Back