How Many Cars Would You Like To See In GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BHunter911
  • 18 comments
  • 1,067 views
Messages
16
I want over 500. I know this seems sort of outlandish, but GT2 had that many, and I REALLY need some other cars to mess with!
 
But GT3 dissapointed me with its meger car selection (less than 200) I want something with much more!
 
GT2 HAD 600 I want at least 300 or 400 cars :smilewink :)
 
I want all the cars possible. :smilewink
 
I want more than 3X more cars than GT2.

Unlimited potential.
 
Well in most games these days, you have a disc capacity limit, now you could have crap graphics and big gameplay (thats why gt2 was so big but had bad graphics), or have good graphics and less gameplay (GT3's case). Now obviously the more cars you have, the less quality the graphics and sound (I wouldnt really mind bad sound) you have, So I'd settle for 300 :) :)
 
but GT2 was on the PS1 and GT4 will be on PS3 and on a DVD disc they should easily fit 500 cars on with good graphics if not y not be the first to release a 2 disc game?
 
Would you like to pay $100 for it and wait another year for it to come out? Didn't think so.

While I'm eager to have a lot of cars in the game, I think they could do fine with, say, 250 cars - IF they toned down the huge Japanese bias a little bit and shared the effort around some of the other countries a little more fairly.

Even leaving out cars and manufacturers that they do not have licenses for, there is a stunning array of cars that could easily replace 10 or 12 of the Skyline variants, a bunch of the JGTC cars, and 3 or 4 of the Evos.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Would you like to pay $100 for it and wait another year for it to come out? Didn't think so.

While I'm eager to have a lot of cars in the game, I think they could do fine with, say, 250 cars - IF they toned down the huge Japanese bias a little bit and shared the effort around some of the other countries a little more fairly.

Even leaving out cars and manufacturers that they do not have licenses for, there is a stunning array of cars that could easily replace 10 or 12 of the Skyline variants, a bunch of the JGTC cars, and 3 or 4 of the Evos.

No they can never replace the awesome :nissan: Skylines, JGTC cars or :mitsu: Evo's... those cars made :gt: what it is today :smilewink
 
Originally posted by alexy2k


No they can never replace the awesome Skylines, JGTC cars or Evo's... those cars made GT what it is today
Yes - a flawed, repetitious game with a heavy and disappointing bias toward the cars of Japan.
 
hmmmm im sensing a bit of tension between you and Alexy ;)

Ah but unless PD fires all its Japanese Staff (I.e all of them) and then hires an all american/european team, maybe then you might get the game you want. But I guarantee it wont be as good as Gt. If the game is made in japan the makers are going to cater for the primary audience (i.e Japanese people) so I doubt it will ever change. Methinks you need to try GT2 (just imagine the 60fps graphics while your plying or it wont be any good) even the Neon is in GT2 (it was actually very good one of my fav FF cars in GT2)
 
mmmm im sensing a bit of tension between you and Alexy
That's because he loves anything and everything Japanese, whereas I see them as just another country that makes nice cars.

Ah but unless PD fires all its Japanese Staff (I.e all of them) and then hires an all american/european team, maybe then you might get the game you want. But I guarantee it wont be as good as Gt.
Well, I don't expect NO bias, especially not from a people such as the Japanese. I just think that the pro-Japan bias is heavy enough to be a serious flaw in the game. It would be bad enough if it was just the car selection, but the preformance of the cars is artificially weighted in Japan's favor, as well. Yes, it is a JDM game but they are doing a disservice to the rest of the world (except Alexy, to whom the Japanese can do no wrong) by shorting us both ways.
I mean, c'mon, how hard would it have been to make a few of the races a little different? Why isn't the British Cup only open to British cars? Why is the Falcon the only Aussie vehicle?

I understand the time comittment necessary to model additional cars, but they could have been a little less blatant about it. After all, I'm sure that the number of copies sold outside of Japan is larger than the number of copies sold inside Japan.

As good as the game is, the sheer arrogance of the Japanese bias doesn't sit very well with me.
 
Yeah,300 cars is enough But remember GT3 did not take up all of the PS2`S space (but almost all)(In GT4 they can take up all of it! :smilewink) and they are finding ways to make the graphics better! :smilewink
 
I want to see ... ALL OF THEM ! Yep EVERY SINGLE CAR ever manufactured . And in at least 50 different colors each.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
I understand the time comittment necessary to model additional cars, but they could have been a little less blatant about it. After all, I'm sure that the number of copies sold outside of Japan is larger than the number of copies sold inside Japan.

Thats why I said you should try GT2, it has country specific cups and you sometimes you can completely forget that there are any Japanese cars in the game.

As I have played all the GT series games this is how I see it.

GT1 = Great game but only 4 ( :eek: yes 4 count em!) non Japanese manufacturers
GT2 = Probably the most diverse car choice in any racing game ever. With a huge amount of Japanese cars, but almost as many european/american cars
GT3 = They had to start from scratch again so in my eyes GT3 resembles GT1 but with new graphics and a spattering of non Japanese manufacturers.
GT4 = I still predict a high amount of japanese cars, but due to already modeling cars in GT3, this process should be speeded up thus = more cars.

As good as the game is, the sheer arrogance of the Japanese bias doesn't sit very well with me.

If you look at it from PD`s perspective, the will most likely be looking towards the Japanese market for their sales initially. So it will always be Japanese biassed in my opinion.

I must say though we need the second aussie manufacturer HOLDEN!!
 
I say, limit up to three models of each car (eg. Skyline, EVO, etc.) except extra special models like Nismo GT-R LM or Mazda RX-7 GT-C.

300 cars is not enough to fullfil the adiction of GT for the next 2-4 years before another GT game comes out, as what I've said earlier, 3X more what GT2 offers.
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic
I want to see ... ALL OF THEM ! Yep EVERY SINGLE CAR ever manufactured . And in at least 50 different colors each.

Ford model T was made in every color , as long as it was black :lol: ... Anyway GT3 didn't have 200 cars or such... There were like 2 supras (almost same looks) , NSXs (honda and acura) , silvias , EVOs ... You don't have to waste twice the disc space for a body model of a supra... Anyway try to make it possible to modify a regular skyline to any of the JGTC models , Nismo , Mine's or whatnot... Also they could include more cars on a basis like you include a BMW 328 in the game , then include all versions (like 316,318,320,325,330,320d,325d,330d plus iX 4x4 models... so you have like 10+ cars from this , M3 is different story because it looks much different) the same for mercedes CLK (like 200K , 230K , 320 , 430 , 55 AMG) , CL (500 , 600 , 55 AMG , 63 AMG) , SLK (200K , 230K , 320 , 32 AMG) if you include corvette GS you have the body why not include regular C4s , ZR1 etc.you get the point...
 
Back