How many laps do you enjoy online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeoXenzaka
  • 8 comments
  • 815 views

How do you play online?

  • Short Races (1-3 laps). ~5min.

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Medium Races (3-7 laps). ~10min.

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Longer Races (7-12 laps) ~20min.

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Endurance Races (12-200 laps) ~45min-4hours+.

    Votes: 5 17.2%

  • Total voters
    29
Messages
177
Messages
NeoXenzaka
It all depends on the track, but how many laps do you enjoy the most online.

Short races? Long races?
 
I personally enjoy endurance races online, when I have the time I make a server and set the race to start 45min later.

Basically I just message everyone on my friends list ahead of time.

Then an hour ahead.

Then 10min ahead.

And for those that are interested, they join.

And sometimes you can have a really enjoyable time endurance racing with your friends.
 
We do 15 laps in our championship and usually, after 13 or 14 i drop out :D :(

But i think 15 is perfect on a ~5km track.
1-2 pit-stops needed. Depending on the tire, track and action on track :D
Takes 30-40 min.

So none of your options ;)
 
12 laps is an endurance race?

I like long races, but I don't often make them because

1 - I almost never get to play GT anymore

2 - I don't want to wait and only have 1 person show up after an hour

I plan to have an endurance race (30+ laps/ 1+ hour) every week during the summer since I'll be around the PS3 and be able to advertise them on GTP.

Racing for 5 laps is OK, but it feels like half a race. It's only a sprint, there is no tire/fuel conservation, no creeping up on someone from way back, no dodging lapped traffic, etc. I really wish the average lap count for online was something beyond 10.

A bit off topic, but I also really don't like it when a host starts a race every 30 seconds. Practice and qualify should be part of every serious race. I always make sure that I give a reasonable amount of free run time, but I always get someone who asks "race?" 10 seconds after entering the room.
 
When racing randoms, which is all I do, I'd say 15 mins at max, or 2 laps of Nordschleife in an average car.
 
5 laps. Short races, but close races. Thats why i enjoy boost and shuffle races. A lap at most of nordschliefe, and 5 laps or less on any other.
 
5-6 laps seems to be my happy medium. I hate rooms with 2 lap races, and when I join rooms where they are running the ring with 20 laps, I just quit. I get bored after about 20 minutes
 
I don't really take part in any serious racing online; normally I just join a few of my friends in one of our lobbies and we just have a laugh for an hour or so. Sometimes we do shuffle races, sometimes whoever's hosting picks a few recommended cars, but we always keep the races short and we all vote for the next track.

The equivalent of 1 lap of the Nurburgring or 5 laps of London is about perfect for us, because we're only messing around and trying to get as much varied racing in as possible. It's only a bit of fun, and if we took things more seriously we'd certainly make our races a bit longer.
 
Short and with as many diversity as possible. I try to have the total race lenght around 10 kilometers, any more and people just quit seeing that they will lose.
 
Back