How many of you are exited about the STIG?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LP670-4 SV
  • 45 comments
  • 3,856 views
Messages
166
Driving around as the stig will be one of my favorit things to do, doing massive burnouts, ridiculous drifts, trying not to crash in a LP640 with traction control OFF... đź’ˇ
 
How excited am I? Not very. Sorry, but there's so much more in the game than just the Stig.

Also, where is it written that you play as him?
 
I'm more excited driving the Top Gear test track in all manner of exotics sports cars and race cars, rather than pretending to be the stig. Afterall, I don't need to pretend. ;)

Just kidding. :sly: :O
 
The amount I care? Absolutely... nothing. If I really have to sit through Top Gear, I'll go hunt it down on TV. What a show about stunts and elaborate gimmicks has in common with a game striving to be the "real driving simulator" is beyond me.
 
I'm more excited about seeing how fast I can get around the track in a reasonably priced car.
 
4lo8kh.gif



The 'STIG' is a really nice addition to GT5 but I was hoping for Jeremy Clarkson as a voice provider for the 'How to drive around the Top Gear Test Track'.
 
I'm really just looking forward to driving the Top Gear test track. November can't come soon enough :)

I remember hearing that Jeremy has something to do with GT5? Maybe his voice will indeed be in the game.
 
Hopefully they have the lap times for each car the Stig has driven and hopefully they let you try to beat them. I would love to hear Hamster, Jezza, & Cpt. Slow doing some commentary as well!
 
i'd imagine you'll be racing against the stig, as opposed to racing as him.
 
4lo8kh.gif



The 'STIG' is a really nice addition to GT5 but I was hoping for Jeremy Clarkson as a voice provider for the 'How to drive around the Top Gear Test Track'.

:lol: I was hoping we could choose between having The Stig as a driver or Jeremy Clarkson. How cool would that be!? (Rhetorical question).
 
4lo8kh.gif



The 'STIG' is a really nice addition to GT5 but I was hoping for Jeremy Clarkson as a voice provider for the 'How to drive around the Top Gear Test Track'.

Same as me. I hope that I can race in other tracks 1on1 with the STIG..:D
 
Driving around as the stig will be one of my favorit things to do,
Actually, I get the distinct impression you won't be driving around as The Stig - rather, he'll be the guy in the othr car.
 
Where's the Stig? All I see is an AI driver wrapped in a white jumpsuit, wearing a Simpson Bandit.
 
i think we will drive one on one with stig, like driving missioin overtake in 1 lap.. or something like this.. (driving mission like in gt4).. or he will teach us in someway "driving school"
 
How can he teach us when no-one knows if he can even speak?
 
I think it would be better if he was helpful. It would be nice to drive in the white suit, but it honestly wouldn't be that exciting.

It would be cool if you could get to be the Stig once you've completed the game, though.
 
I'm very excited about TG's involvement... it's my favourite TV show ever, and GT is my favourite game ever, so to have them together in the same place is just amazing. I cannot wait :D
 
i'd imagine you'll be racing against the stig, as opposed to racing as him.

I'm thinking along the same lines here and would be excited if that was possible, to race The Stig!! Look at the STi vs Evo bit in the trailer, it shows the white jumpsuit driver in front in the STi and another jumpsuited driver in the Evo behind, could be a possibility.
 
Not very - it's just someboy in a white racing suit. I am, however, excited about driving around the Top Gear Test Track in all that glorious detail. rFactor...haha!
 
look if your not very interested in the stig or top gear theres no need to post here, me myself im sooo exicited it will be great:)
 
I think it's a very nice addition! We all like the STIG:)!
 
If this means that you can change your drivers outfit, I'm very excited. Customisation is always a fun extra.
 
Sorry to go a bit off topic but in that GIF posted, the front wheel appears to be spinning at the same speed as the rear even when turning. It makes the car look like it is four wheel drive when it's obviously not. Is it just me or does it look odd?
 
Meh when I saw the Stig on the trailer, I didn't know what to say. I was like "oh wait who is .... what .. the Stig???" But I hope we will be able to hear Top Gear boys commentary somewhere in the game other than Jay Leno (PSP) :/ .
 
I hope they let us free roam that track. I wanna use the long straight!
 
Free roam would be awesome. And you can even have your own top lap times like the show and test out all the supercars.
 
The Top Gear test track will be worthless if they dont include that crap car they use to test celebrities. But its almost certain they will include it.
 
4lo8kh.gif



The 'STIG' is a really nice addition to GT5 but I was hoping for Jeremy Clarkson as a voice provider for the 'How to drive around the Top Gear Test Track'.
Wait what? Still not tire marks? :sick: And I am not concerned with Stig at all.
 
Back