How many of you are exited about the STIG?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LP670-4 SV
  • 45 comments
  • 3,856 views
Thats a good question. Not sure if it is AWD or just a glitch with the front tire graphics.
 
Top Gear is amusement at best, nothing more and this whole mythical Stig-cultus is probably understandable if your under 15 but to anyone else it should be clear it's just a ( although cleverly created ) TV-character played by one or more real life racing drivers.
If he is included in the game it will probably be nothing more than a white racing suit and white helmet option, at least I hope so..........
 
I will be honest, I have no idea what this Stig is.
 
Sorry to go a bit off topic but in that GIF posted, the front wheel appears to be spinning at the same speed as the rear even when turning. It makes the car look like it is four wheel drive when it's obviously not. Is it just me or does it look odd?

That Tuscany is awd?

Thats a good question. Not sure if it is AWD or just a glitch with the front tire graphics.

I'm assuming it's a video from an early build and includes some wheel glitches and no skid marks.
 
It's cool he is in the game and all, but as mentioned earlier, there are so many more things that will be so much more exciting!
 

Yes!!! Look at the grass!!!
Track_TopGear-Test-Track_Overheadview_004-1024x576.jpg

Track_TopGear-Test-Track_Overheadview_003-1024x576.jpg

Track_TopGear-Test-Track_Overheadview_005-1024x576.jpg

Track_TopGear-Test-Track_Overheadview_006-1024x576.jpg
 
Looks epic. I think I see where invisible walls are going to be... see around the curve in the last pic? There's a fine line in the grass, just above those two piles of tires... I could be wrong (hell, we don't even know when those are from), but I'd say that's where an invisible wall is going to be.

Let's hope they give you free reign over all the runways though! Perhaps there could be the lap version, with the actual course, but also a free-roaming version, just like a huge version of GT4's Gymkhana 👍

But I doubt we'll get to go across all the grass infield and stuff. Methinks there's going to be invisible walls in places.
 
wtf I thought the first pic was real-life :O

anyway, this track will be cut-tracking heaven.
 
I'm more excited driving the Top Gear test track in all manner of exotics sports cars and race cars, rather than pretending to be the stig. Afterall, I don't need to pretend. ;)

Just kidding. :sly: :O

I'm more excited about seeing how fast I can get around the track in a reasonably priced car.

Exactly Im most looking forward to running the track in the reasonably priced car. Now the just need to confirm the inclusion of the Suzuki Lianna and Chevy Lacetti. It would also be fun to run it in exotics and see if you can match the times that were set with the cars.

I hope they let us free roam that track. I wanna use the long straight!

The video they showed at E3 kinda alludes to that a bit.
 
Also how cool would it be if they released that track in an update for prologue. I know wishful thinking, but that could keep my occupied for a couple months until the full game comes out. Honestly Id just love for any update for prologue, but again probably wishful at this point.
 
I would like to have him as one of the AI drivers (and Kaz or the translator guy, for that matter).
 
Looking at the comments on youtube about 1 in 4 people say they are going to buy it because of the top gear track and stig. Kaz did really well with that choice.
 
The whole ethos of the GT series is that it puts the player in the driving seat, was it not Kaz's idea of 'I want to drive my car on my TV' that Sony gave him the chance?
Being able to drive as the stig does not fit in the game.
 
Has anyone at all played this track at E3? I mean, it's there, but i've not seen a single gameplay video about it, what gives?
 
Back