How many of you use a controller? competition...

  • Thread starter Thread starter mu51im
  • 55 comments
  • 4,815 views
Messages
229
hi just wondering how many of you use a controller and not a wheel? because i used to have a wheel but it broke and i am using a sixaxis now. i am getting a driving force pro next week hopefully. But i am wondering, how many of you can pull off good drifts with a controller?

Lets have a competition!

who can do the best drift on eiger norwand with the nissan fairlady z? drift trial and we can post our scores here

My highest score : around 8200

use these settings:

n2 tyres all round
+9 power
85% weight
ride height -30 (you have to select set c tuning.)
springs 6
dampers 7
lowest gear ratios
brakes 3 5
LETS SEE WHO'S THE BEST, ITS PROBABLY NOT ME!
 
Last edited:
Wooo another PAL drifter SIXAXIS too! :lol:

Anyways yea I drift with sixaxis its not as difficult as a wheel.

Things to point out

1. Sixaxis drifts have a chance of 30% in looking good due to the front wheel twich. (Resolved if use the analogue?)

2. Change title for the competition, people first glance wont know.

We must tandem online sometime

Add Im_gonna_DRIFT 👍
 
Last edited:
do americans not have sixaxis? wierd..

anyway, i'll probably add you tomorrow, and whats your highest score by the way?

and that point about wheel twitching, that is very true, i cant bear to show anyone a replay because of it, but if you ask nicely....maybe i will probably record it!


by the way, i find drifting on the two sweepers (after the big one but before the last turn) so hard, i almost always spin off, hit the wall and lose my points, can you drift round those and get a decent score? my highest on these is 750
 
do americans not have sixaxis? wierd..

anyway, i'll probably add you tomorrow, and whats your highest score by the way?

and that point about wheel twitching, that is very true, i cant bear to show anyone a replay because of it, but if you ask nicely....maybe i will probably record it!


by the way, i find drifting on the two sweepers (after the big one but before the last turn) so hard, i almost always spin off, hit the wall and lose my points, can you drift round those and get a decent score? my highest on these is 750

I usually score around 2500 on those...very hard to get right indeed (I use a wheel).
 
Also had problems with sector 4 so I only got 14229... (offline go wired!) (sixaxis of course)
N1 gets the most points


Settings

N1
Max power least weight
-25 -25
2 2
2 2

Stock rest
Angle 38
ABS 1

gears errmm
 
mu51im. Its Im_gonna_DRIFT. He missed off the second n in his first post. Nice to see another sixaxis drifter around.
 
Is the competition for STD or PRO? I did mine in PRO. Doesnt STD give more points?



mu51im. Its Im_gonna_DRIFT. He missed off the second n in his first post. Nice to see another sixaxis drifter around.

Good eye lol

Yea I changed it. Also nice to see another PAL drifter, we are nearly extinct lol

Took the viper for a spin at Suzuka, damn I need to connect Turn one to the multiple S corners lol Im trying but its not really perfect. Might need mo POWA :)
 
Is this for only Pal Drifters?? Cause I'm pretty good with the 6axis...
 
no, anyone can come in. i'll add Im_gonna_DRIFT later today after school, how often do you come online?

btw i really really didnt expect this many replies, i thought this section of the forum is almost deserted. gran turismo 5 is getting deserted, gt5p is where everyones going. how come?
 
ROFA WILL HAND YOU ALL YOUR BUTT in this comp ;) ( just suporting my boy ) lol but fujiwara is a good drifter also. Its a shame that you cant drift with us fuji i would love to have had you in the d1 comp
 
oh well. i kinda wanted to race that boy and lose miserably.

Also my wheel should arrive in the next few days, i just tracked my recorded delivery (postal order) and it said delivered. so, thats....good. but i will still probably use the sixaxis for the first few days until i get used to the 900 DEGREEEES! of refurbished rotation that is.
 
Last edited:
I would love to drift with the JPN and NTSC's its been about 5 months since I drifted with mixi in the WE Fuji.

Im on my normal account usually, sometimes drifting.


Im online now lol


Whats your PSN? Im off to drift
 
Nice one! Ill try later on beaware:sly:
 
mu51m Why doid you not drift with Sweetshop and me? He was in a Cappuchino I wa a F430?

You were in a F40 which seemed drift grippy?


N3 is the rule lol
 
OMG I failed so much in the Cappa. I'm going to have to use a higher powered car next time.
 
OMG I failed so much in the Cappa. I'm going to have to use a higher powered car next time.

I connected the last few turns on a 50% chance...

All of Spoon was a 50%

Turn 1 to Snake bends 30%



Yea the Cappa was slow... Using N3's?
 
the reason i didnt drift with you is because i was so crap with that car, and i am not even used to that track. i normally go on the beginner london or high speed ring events.

whenever i tried to drift, either i spun out or i smashed into the barrier. maybe next time i will drift with you.

Also i found that both of you were see through
 
the reason i didnt drift with you is because i was so crap with that car, and i am not even used to that track. i normally go on the beginner london or high speed ring events.

whenever i tried to drift, either i spun out or i smashed into the barrier. maybe next time i will drift with you.

Also i found that both of you were see through

In 10 Laps Im sure we will get lapped lol (happens when 1st position laps you so you cant cause hate damage to other racers)

How can you drift in the beginner events? Is it even possible lol

Practice with friends is what I think helps most, did for me when Team mixi taught me Fuji 👍


What tires were on the F40? Seemed pretty grippy and the PP was high I believe
 
yeh i made it full 650 and i was using s3's. trust me it wasnt grippy at all. then after the race i found out i had traction control off, stupid me.

to drift in beginner events all i do is go on the high speed ring with the honda nsx and go for a powerslide!
 
Team mixi sucks.

Ok whatever floats your boat, just said they taught me lines...?



Stick to topic too lol

14229 to beat lol not difficult :)
 
What kind of competition is this. PAL only? Controller only? Don't know if I should participate. I'm NTSC and I use a wheel.
 
no its not pal only, but it is controller only. it was originally planned to be a competition but it has turned to a normal chatting thread.

by the way fuji what do you mean its not difficult? my highest score is 8700! you're too good! i'm too crap! i'm writing like this for no apparent reason!
 
ROFA WILL HAND YOU ALL YOUR BUTT in this comp ;) ( just suporting my boy ) lol but fujiwara is a good drifter also. Its a shame that you cant drift with us fuji i would love to have had you in the d1 comp

HAHA thx man. BTW how are you guys competing?? Drift Trials, Online races, how??
 
we do online races but instead of racing we do drifting.
 
Ok, just lik in the chat room. However, where do you guys meet to go online at the same time??
 
Ok, just lik in the chat room. However, where do you guys meet to go online at the same time??

Suzuka 650PP
Rofa its not WE anyways lol

Not many PAL use the chat I dun think :o
 
Back