How many people really play Forza 3?

I'm thinking about getting another 360 (last RROD) for FM3:US and U-verse (save $7 a month using 360 as IPTV STB).. With Black Friday so close I'm waiting on a deal.. The other issue is I don't have a wheel for the 360 and I'd rather not spend for another.. I'm building a cockpit but I already have a G25.

I was playing online is S class a couple of hours ago. The usual noob "champions" etc were on in their noob AWD LB cars.

In fact this is one reason I'll be pleased when GT5 is out. There will actually be some variety in the car selection online for while.

I know that I don't have the 48 or so times that would be needed to drop from 589 to 565 hours. I may have six times posted on that tag as an absolute maximum, but I doubt it's actually more than three.

Of course, how many times I have posted is irrelevant - the point of my post was that, with only a single time, you could not be in the top 77% on the boards unless your alt tag had the same issue that mine does. I have friends on there only 40k places apart, yet 200k+ places below your alt tag who have a difference of seven hours between their total times.

I'm not questioning your integrity or your numbers; I am pointing out that there's an issue with the total times for new tags which makes your original example incorrect.

Ok. I will have to take another look and see what it says now. I did run 1 event after I created this thread (3 races) I will check it and see where it is now.

I was playing online is S class a couple of hours ago. The usual noob "champions" etc were on in their noob AWD LB cars.

In fact this is one reason I'll be pleased when GT5 is out. There will actually be some variety in the car selection online for while.

08 Dodge Viper AWD. I really hate that car in Forza 3. Sad that they screwed the game up so much with the AWD swaps and R Class mods from Forza 2.
In Forza 2 S Class was a lot of fun to race as was R2 several cars to choose from and be competive but in FM3 it is Viper and Mosler dominating pretty much everywhere.

It's not just the Viper though. There's a whole host of cars isn't there. Personally I refuse to use any of the AWD leaderboard noob rockets in any of the classes.

I'll stick with my RWD McLaren F1 in S class. If I win, I win, and it's far more rewarding. Especially when you beat "champions" etc in their AWD LB cars.

The problem with Forza 3 is the PI system it makes it to where AWD cars have a huge advantage from F-S class and the Viper is just crazy because of the huge wing on the back.

As for leaderboard cars I agree that it is sad when someone just goes straight for whatever car has the number 1 time on the boards but that is they way it is. What if the leaderboard car is not on the leaderboard yet? For example when I first drove B class on Sedona Speedway the top 10 were all Audi S5s. I did not like this car so I build an Acura NSX RWD and posted a new #1 time. Should I not drive my car because I had the best time in it?
Over the last couple of years I have build several cars that I was able to post top 100, top 10 and even #1 times in that were previously not on the leaderboard.

personally, i don't care about leaderboard crap. I just race for the fun of it, have drift sessions on my racing team, and buy and sell cars and tunes, and paint jobs/designs/vinyl groups.

I'm also a master BMW X5 drifter(favorite S-class drift car. made my own paintjob for it, and it's the only good one I ever made.)

For me leaderboard times is about all there is in Forza 3. The hoppers are horrible, the season mode is boring and while the private lobbies are good it is hard to get anyone to race now that you can not create a public lobby. Most of my firends have quit playing many have thrown the game out or traded it in.

I had pretty much quit playing for a while after they wiped all my times from the board. I was at #26 overall in circut racing when they deleted the times. I had driven every class on every track and had over 200 top 100 times and then nothing. Many people quit when they did this as they applied the wipe unfairly deleting all times posted by anyone who have driven the glitched Lola on Sunset Speedway while not deleting times of those who drove it on Benchmark Ring or Motegi Speedway not to mention the 10 or so other glitched cars which were being driven on these tracks. In the big wipe they completely wiped out everyone who drove it on Sunset but then those who drove it in other places had only the glitched times removed we are talking about over 1000 legit times that I had posted being erased because of one time in a different area of the game. The same happened to many people yet just as many were allowed to keep all thier times except the glitched times.

What few friends were still playing mostly stopped after this nonsense so the game turned into nothing more than a hot lap game for a lot of people. I am only playing it now to get a feel for the new wheel I bought for GT5.

I really hope that they wise up and put back the public system they had in Forza 2 as it was 10,000 times better than what they have now.

Don't forget about Local Leaderboards and Career Leaderboards.These two things was a big shot in the foot for leaving these out.

Don't forget about Local Leaderboards and Career Leaderboards.These two things was a big shot in the foot for leaving these out.

Yes. Local leaderboards and career leaderboards were both very nice features that I used often. They need to bring these back as well.

Looks like FM3 was the 19th most played title on Xbox 360 as of last week. From Major Nelson:

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Call of Duty: Black Ops
2 Modern Warfare 2
3 Halo: Reach
4 FIFA Soccer 11
5 Fable III
6 Fallout: New Vegas
7 Call of Duty: WaW
8 Madden NFL 11
9 Call of Duty 4
10 Halo 3
11 NBA 2K11
12 GTA IV
13 Red Dead Redemption
14 Gears of War 2
15 Battlefield: Bad Co. 2
16 Kinect Adventures!
17 Medal of Honor
18 NHL 11
19 Forza Motorsport 3
20 FIFA 10

Interesting, I can account for 6 of those players. I have 2 accounts and have been on both of them, my brother has 2 accounts also been on both and 2 friends. We have all been racing a bit to shake off the rust getting ready for GT5.

After next week Forza will be a ghost town :)

Indeed. At least until next year when FM4 arrives ;)

What worries me about Forza 4 is Kinect will be the official wheel. Even if Fanatec produces another 360 wheel the game itself will be design with Kinect in mind which likely to limit any wheel support so they wouldn't have an advantage over Kinect users. I wonder if Forza 4 will lean more arcade racer than even Forza 3 did. Turn 10 probably figures if Fm4 is just an updated Fm3 it sales will be lower than Fm3. The same Gt6 sales will likely be lower than Gt5.
I still play Forza 3 from time to time but probably not for a while after GT5 release.

I don't think so. It would be really foolish for them to limit wheel support in any way. Currently they have the game to where those who opt to use the clutch have a pretty big advantage over those who do not. A bit unfair to those users who like to use an auto tranny.

Forza 4 needs the custom public lobbies back and in lobby tuning. They need to improve the PI ranking system, replace the benchmark and sidewinders with a few more real world tracks. They also need to even it out a bit so that auto tranny users are not at such a big disadvantage to those who use manual w/clutch. Maybe by making a shift kit upgrade that allows to auto to shift a bit quicker than it does now.

They also need more cars and to either add real race mods for cars that go from S into R classes or put the classes back to what they were in Forza 2.

I don't think so. It would be really foolish for them to limit wheel support in any way. Currently they have the game to where those who opt to use the clutch have a pretty big advantage over those who do not. A bit unfair to those users who like to use an auto tranny.

This is a good example of what I'm referring to. All the clutch required was to push two buttons at the same time to shift instead of one. So those who had a clutch pedal didn't have an advantage over the majority with used a controller or MS X360 wireless wheel. In fact It was easier to assign the clutch as a button than as the pedals.
I hope you are right but I have my doubts.

I used to play FM3 hardcore. After waiting 2 months for a "unicorn" car that was awarded to me and Turn 10 ignoring everything everyone says about their game I quit playing.

So I packed up my Xbox and all my games and traded it for a brand-new PS3 slim so I could play a real racing game from a company that cares about their customers. I will never touch or play another Xbox as long as I live. Microsoft is one of the worst companies around. Inflating live prices in a recession causing people to pay more. I am much happier with PS3 and I know I will be happy with GT5.

What worries me about Forza 4 is Kinect will be the official wheel. Even if Fanatec produces another 360 wheel the game itself will be design with Kinect in mind which likely to limit any wheel support so they wouldn't have an advantage over Kinect users. I wonder if Forza 4 will lean more arcade racer than even Forza 3 did. Turn 10 probably figures if Fm4 is just an updated Fm3 it sales will be lower than Fm3. The same Gt6 sales will likely be lower than Gt5.

I thought all this had been laid to rest a long time ago. The Kinect Forza tech demo was precisely that - a Kinect tech demo. It wasn't Forza 4, and it wasn't supposed to show Kinect as the recommended means of control for future Forza games, it was merely a demonstration of something 'cool' that could be done with Kinect - it was there to show what Kinect can do*, not what Forza might do.

*Personally I think it instead highlighted one of the things Kinect can't do - be a precision controller for action games - but that's Microsoft's problem, not mine.

...so I could play a real racing game from a company that cares about their customers.

Oh, spare us, please. There's a lot to criticise about the way T10 treats their customers, but they do at least have some avenues of communication. PD produce good games, but there's nothing to show that they have any interest in their customers whatsoever.

I thought all this had been laid to rest a long time ago. The Kinect Forza tech demo was precisely that - a Kinect tech demo. It wasn't Forza 4, and it wasn't supposed to show Kinect as the recommended means of control for future Forza games, it was merely a demonstration of something 'cool' that could be done with Kinect - it was there to show what Kinect can do*, not what Forza might do.

*Personally I think it instead highlighted one of the things Kinect can't do - be a precision controller for action games - but that's Microsoft's problem, not mine.

Oh, spare us, please. There's a lot to criticise about the way T10 treats their customers, but they do at least have some avenues of communication. PD produce good games, but there's nothing to show that they have any interest in their customers whatsoever.

You are right about the communication. But it is pointless to even say anything. They have a great community at FM.net but the people running it are on power trips.

Doesn't matter anyways. GT5 is less than a week away for me and I am not looking back.

http://www.ripten.com/2010/11/10/kinects-star-wars-forza-titles-slated-for-christmas-2011/

I use to play forza 3 and organize cruises, photoshoots etc, im planning to do so in gt5 soon. Any one intressted just add me as friend in this forum. Cheers

I use to play forza 3 and organize cruises, photoshoots etc, im planning to do so in gt5 soon. Any one intressted just add me as friend in this forum. Cheers

Don't anticipate getting the PS3/GT5 in the forseeable future. Son has XBox and FM3 came with it. Through most of season 4. Was surprised that many drivers use assists on the leaderboards. Only suggested line for me as I get to know tracks. Already putting together a series with the LMP cars for late January 2011. Toughest part is replicating the arcade mode with some kind of handicap system. Tinkering with rear downforce.

Any ideas would help. Or help with testing pm me.

Don't anticipate getting the PS3/GT5 in the forseeable future. Son has XBox and FM3 came with it. Through most of season 4. Was surprised that many drivers use assists on the leaderboards. Only suggested line for me as I get to know tracks. Already putting together a series with the LMP cars for late January 2011. Toughest part is replicating the arcade mode with some kind of handicap system. Tinkering with rear downforce.

Any ideas would help. Or help with testing pm me.

Don't understand you in the last two threads...?

I've received nothing but good customer service from T10, in both this and in FM2. I've won cars through photocomps, got to race Phredesign in a Game With Devs event and got the twitter unicorn Impreza.

I'd say the worst crime they've commit is to use a painfully Microsoft-esque forum software that takes too long to load, has its foibles and looks rubbish compared to the competition.

I've received nothing but good customer service from T10, in both this and in FM2. I've won cars through photocomps, got to race Phredesign in a Game With Devs event and got the twitter unicorn Impreza.

I'd say the worst crime they've commit is to use a painfully Microsoft-esque forum software that takes too long to load, has its foibles and looks rubbish compared to the competition.

Do you know if there's still a way to get a code for the Stig Garage pack??

Back