How many times has THIS happened?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 42 comments
  • 3,876 views
Messages
540
United States
Planet Earth
Messages
kdryan2
So you're sitting there in the middle of a race, going full at it, and suddenly your nose or head or butt or something starts itching. You reach your thumb over to pause the game and hit that damn PS button instead! The screen dims, the quit game button comes up and you get to watch your now out of control car go slamming into a wall and probably get passed for it.

You gotta love it...
 
This guy was talking trash to me today, we were doing races on Nordschleife. I was in the lead, but didn't have my TV loud enough to hear my engine rev properly, so I reached down to hit the volume on the controller. I accidentally switched it over to the TV mode. Lost the race... :(
 
To be honest it happens more when I make the mistake of thinking I can do a serious race in the company of my idiot friends doing this on purpose on other pads.
 
Buy a G27. They don't have a PS button. :D
 
I'm poor dammit... A peasant of dickensian proportions. In fact, I had to sell someone elses children just to buy a PS3 in the first place.
Don't even ask what I did to get the wheel..
 
Last edited:
the first endurance race i started i paused to get a drink somehow i moved cursor over to restart then when i hit the button to unpause it restarted the race after i had already done 19 laps.
 
Oh this happened quite often and its very annoying
 
Yes this has happened to me. I ended up wiping out some other guy. Thankfully we were just hotlapping on free roam but i was really apologetic.
 
Happens to me occasionally. I wish the game would automatically pause on pressing the PS button.
 
Happens to me occasionally. I wish the game would automatically pause on pressing the PS button.

Yea

when going a full circle on the DF:Gt I always hit that button
 
Joshw13 -- that happened to me. 134 laps into Suzuka endurance my cat started humping my leg (he's got serious issues)-- I paused the race to throw him across the room; when I threw him I must have hit the right arrow button and it reset the whole frickin' race. I almost cried. Why is there no "are you sure you want to restart the race?" popup? Needless to say, I lock the cat in another room when I'm doing endurance races now. They need to fix this. Why have a "restart" between "continue" and "options" anyway? It's bad enough you can't save it.
 
Yea

when going a full circle on the DF:Gt I always hit that button

DFPro doesn't have a PS button - so that's a plus to it.

Only downside is that I have to have a controller on when I want to quit - or add friends, photomode and other XMB stuff.
 
This happens to me all the time! Except i don't pause to scratch my nose, but it still have ruined a couple of races for me.. When i don't play the nose is fine, but as soon as i get in the seat everything starts to itch! Haha.. Of course :D
 
This happens to me all the time! Except i don't pause to scratch my nose, but it still have ruined a couple of races for me.. When i don't play the nose is fine, but as soon as i get in the seat everything starts to itch! Haha.. Of course :D

True, I'm using a DS3 though, so I just scratch my nose with my hands still on the controller. About ass-itches....yea dunno how to solve that without releasing the controller.
 
Hmmmm, never happened to me but try taking a small bottle cap and tape the top so it hangs there.
5450225145623223.JPG
 
So you're sitting there in the middle of a race, going full at it, and suddenly your nose or head or butt or something starts itching. You reach your thumb over to pause the game and hit that damn PS button instead! The screen dims, the quit game button comes up and you get to watch your now out of control car go slamming into a wall and probably get passed for it.

You gotta love it...

If we do the same thing in a game on Xbox 360, it pauses the game; at least it has done this for most of the games I've played, if not all of them.
 
I haven't had an itch, but why doesn't this game pause when the controller goes flat? Every other racing game does
 
On occasions I have inadvertantly let the controller run out of battery and have to hurriedly find my charging lead to regain control of the car.
 
Well for me its not soo much as the button mishaps, cause I always wait for a long straight then look down and pause..

But what messes me up is if someone suddenly starts talking to me, then I loose control quite easily it seems -_-
 
There's a pause button?

I've been suffering all this time and there's a pause BUTTON!
 
I'm poor dammit... A peasant of dickensian proportions. In fact, I had to sell someone elses children just to buy a PS3 in the first place.
Don't even ask what I did to get the wheel..

haha i cant wait to see how my adulthood will turn out to be. Im only 18
 
I always wait for a straight to grab a drink, scratch the itch, rearrange my privates, take a bite of the sandwich........ (Not all at once)

I don't bother to pause.
 
I always wait for a straight to grab a drink, scratch the itch, rearrange my privates, take a bite of the sandwich........ (Not all at once)

I don't bother to pause.

"rearrange my privates" :lol:
👍
 
I get a lot of phone calls while driving. Dont even bother until I'm on the straight.
 
I always wait for a straight to grab a drink, scratch the itch, rearrange my privates, take a bite of the sandwich........ (Not all at once)

I don't bother to pause.

There is a better solution; I get my girlfriend to get me a drink, make me a sandwich (And hold it to my mouth so I can get a bite), scratch any itch... etc. :)



...Aaaanyways, this happens to me when i'm really pushing hard, so usually when hotlapping, not when in the middle of a race. I'm not stupid enough to grope around for the pause button when i'm in the middle of an important race (I'm usually 'in the zone' anyway, nothing can distract me when i'm in that state, so the pause button is pretty redundant). It would be better if the PS button had a little bit of resistance like the start/select buttons. That way you can actually touch it by mistake without opening the XMB.
 
I've restarted the Race in the last turn, of the last lap, i was doing the Grand Valley 300km

And yes, i've started another a few minuts after that, and another yes, i've cried
 
l
On occasions I have inadvertantly let the controller run out of battery and have to hurriedly find my charging lead to regain control of the car.

hahahaha
lol
 
Well for me its not soo much as the button mishaps, cause I always wait for a long straight then look down and pause..

But what messes me up is if someone suddenly starts talking to me, then I loose control quite easily it seems -_-

Try to do that at Le Mans Straight with a whell !

IT'S F:censored:CKING IMPOSSIBLE !
 
Back