How many times has THIS happened?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 42 comments
  • 3,876 views
Never happened :) If I have an itch or something, I just reach up still holding my controller ;)
 
Well, not exactly the same, but I got my "OMG" moment yesterday while
"A-specing" the 4h roadster Tsukuba endurance race. After 1,5h I pressed start to pause the game. Instead of rejoing the race after a while, I selected restart race... :yuck:
 
These are two things PD need to address with an update:

1. Game should pause when you hit the PS button, at least in offline mode.
2. There should be a confirmation when you hit the restart button.
 
1. Game should pause when you hit the PS button, at least in offline mode.
Do other PS3 games do this? I always thought the PS button was wired direct to the PS3 OS, which handles this, and so the game has no-way of knowing it has been pressed.
 
Ever tried pausing the race in a tight online race...? :D
 
Do other PS3 games do this? I always thought the PS button was wired direct to the PS3 OS, which handles this, and so the game has no-way of knowing it has been pressed.

I'm not sure if there are any PS3 games that pause when the PS button is pressed but for Xbox 360 games, as mentioned by someone else in a pprevious post in this thread, the game pauses when the Xbox guide button is pressed, the only exceptions being when you're playing a game online.
 
My biggest annoyance is taking phone calls on the Nurburgring. I've never, ever managed to pause for a call without going off badly. I think it's undoable unless you're on the straight.
 
This guy was talking trash to me today, we were doing races on Nordschleife. I was in the lead, but didn't have my TV loud enough to hear my engine rev properly, so I reached down to hit the volume on the controller. I accidentally switched it over to the TV mode. Lost the race... :(

Oh that sucks. Especially when the guy was talking ****..........
 
Nearly all pause. I always quit pauses in GT5 with the circle button. I have a DFP so don't need to worry about clipping the PS button. But yes I have to scratch the itch etc. Sometimes... If you're clever you can usually hold the wheel with your jaw & neck while simoultaneously scratching that nose and skulling that drink
 
Yeah it's ultra annoying when your battery dies and the PS3 doesn't pause like the 360 does. Well, this is the only game i've played on PS3 so I don't know if it's a console problem or a game one, but surely it can recognise no controller is connected and pause the game.
 
Thats the beauty of having a rewind feature in other racing games. :sly:
 
Do other PS3 games do this? I always thought the PS button was wired direct to the PS3 OS, which handles this, and so the game has no-way of knowing it has been pressed.

GTA 4 pauses.
 
Yes, other games pause when you hit the PS button or when the controller dies. Not sure what made them think not doing it in a racing game was a good idea...
 
Back