How old were you when you discovered Santa was a fake?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Attila_Da_Hun
  • 84 comments
  • 1,836 views
i was raised knowing santa was fake...but that's cos christmas doesn't go with my religious beliefs
 
Never really believed in Santa.Think its cos I got 2 bros and 2 sis so they probably told me it wasnt real when i was bout 5.Cant believe everyone likes LEGO! Its the greatest!

Mum tried to throw all my Technic Lego away bout 2 months ago, said it was taking up space! These was about £700 of LEGO!
She almost got a Big Momma beat down
 
When I was about 4, I opend a present and my mom said it took her forever to find that, when the label said from santa.
 
Originally posted by Attila_Da_Hun
I love legos. Period. I will never grow out of them.
No no no!!! LEGO! Not "Legos"... LEGO! LEGOS do not exist! Ai yi yi!

Okay, I'm done. But if you ever do that again...


Anyway, I never fully believed in Santa Claus... I thought that maybe he could be true, but I always had doubts. I made a more permanent decision when I stumbled upon an article in a magazine that explained the "best" way for parents to tell their children that there's no Santa.
 
I never thought he was real, my parents always told me it was them! :p
 
I dont sleep when I start building with Legos. I try to stay away from them now for that reason.
 
Originally posted by Sage
No no no!!! LEGO! Not "Legos"... LEGO! LEGOS do not exist! Ai yi yi!

Lego is a company, legos are the actually bricks and pieces. Even Lego says legos when they mean more than one piece. I know this, 'cause I still get the magazine.
 
Did anyone else used to piss there parents off because you would be searching through the trays finding the bit you need. They were also really light plastic so they made a proper loud crunching noise.

Legendary stuff
 
What the hell?! I am Santa!!!!

That's it! Attila, you're on the naughty list!
 
Originally posted by Ghost C
Lego is a company, legos are the actually bricks and pieces. Even Lego says legos when they mean more than one piece. I know this, 'cause I still get the magazine.
I love legos . Seriously though, I wasn't just trying to use legos in a sentence. I LOVE them! I have 3 and half tubs full of em'. Sorry for getting off topic.
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic
I'm hoping for the Williams F1 Racer for Christmas.

re7222.jpg


Noooo ... not that one. The LEGO one (:

Set384x288us008461.jpg

Thats not lego! Legos are blocks that come in "bricks" and "half bricks" and those random eyes and smiles on the sides.
 
You're right it's the Technic branch of Lego. Lego made the Technic branch though, so Technic isn't its own brand or anything. That's why most people just classify them as legos.
 
Never believed in Santa.. For one I lived in Hong Kong where chimneys are non existent. Add to the fact that my little apartment was way to small to even fit a small tree. I grew up shopping with my parents to get my gifts, but this year I don't even care for the presents. As long as everyone's having a good time =)
 
Originally posted by Ghost C
Lego is a company, legos are the actually bricks and pieces. Even Lego says legos when they mean more than one piece. I know this, 'cause I still get the magazine.
Quote from a 1980 catalog:

Dear Parents and Children
The word LEGO(R) is a brand name and is very special to all of us in the LEGO Group Companies. We would sincerely like your help in keeping it special. Please always refer to our bricks as 'LEGO Bricks or Toys' and not 'LEGOS.' By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud and that stands for quality the world over. Thank you!

Susan Williams
Consumer Services
Oh, and, Susan Williams isn't a real name... it's just the name that the LEGO company has been putting on its papers forever.

Also, LEGOS isn't correct, because legOS is an open-source operating system used to control the LEGO Mindstorms robots.
 
Dear Parents and Children
The word LEGO(R) is a brand name and is very special to all of us in the LEGO Group Companies. We would sincerely like your help in keeping it special. Please always refer to our bricks as 'LEGO Bricks or Toys' and not 'LEGOS.' By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud and that stands for quality the world over. Thank you!

Susan Williams
Consumer Services

hehe, Rollerblade had to do the very same thing when ppl said "rollerblading"
 
Lego still refers to them as legos in their magazines from 20 years after that, so haha.

Did you know Lego has been around since 1948? That's amazing.
 
Two things:

The truth is I don't believe that I ever believed in some fat white dude hitting the chimneys/stovepipes in the 'hood and dropping off stuff. (Now, dudes in leather jackets, hitting the windows and taking stuff...)
Secondly, if you EVER step on a Lego brick in the dark, whilst barefoot, you will say things that will cause Santa to just completely mark you off his list. So you better be nice to the people who are actually buying you stuff for Christmas.

And lastly, (yeah I know, I said two things)
Christmas is really about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. All you atheists can now use that as an excuse to buy nothing for anyone.
 
Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
hmmm,.... possibly The Grinch?

That just explains why there's always one beer missing from the fridge on Christmas morning.
I still wanna know who's knocking back the Dasani?
 
Since when was santa fake! I used to get lego every year for christmas when I was little all I get now is about $350-400 I still want my lego:(
 
You get $350-$400 every Christmas. Go out and buy your own damn lego you wuss!
 
I feel really dumb now coz I never thaught of that(I dont really want to buy lego).
 
when i was 6 my bro told me and then i cryed saying you are lieing, but my mom told me it was just them.
 
Back