How should GT7's Arcade Mode work?

• Thread starter GBalao888
  • 67 comments
Start with what we currently have and build on top of it

The ability to have to bots use livery's from your library
Multi class races
In custom races save favorite settings
Much greater control over the bot difficulty than a single slider
In custom races, pick cars for the bots from your garage, that way you set up custom themed races

Last edited:
We absolutely need the ability to set opponents cars, ideally from garage AND stock Arcade ones (otherwise in multi class racing I'll be racing five of my own blue Minis)
Arcade car selection is the other point, GT4 had it so close to perfection, with 240/720 cars available from the start, and you unlocked the rest from GT mode.

After getting it so right, they ditched Arcade unlockables! GT5 and 6 have only 20 or so stock Arcade cars to choose from, and in Sport: just eight. Eight. :(

Hopefully in 7 we'll once again have a system somewhat like in GT4, with 100+ cars available offline from the start, and maybe even a way to unlock others within Arcade mode like in 2 and 3, rather than buying them like in 4.

Anything would be better than the 5/6/Sport system, where after buying say, a red RX-7, if I want to race P2 in a blue RX-7, I have to buy another one and make sure both are in the same condition before we race. sigh

With the renewed focus on car ownership, deterioration and modification, it's very important that we can easily access clean, stock models (in any stock colour) in Arcade mode for racing and time trials.

Edit: a word

Last edited:
FM7 had an extensive and underutilized "Free Play" mode with tons of customizable options for racing. That stuff would fit GT7 like a glove.

Then there's the whole "pick your grid" with garage cars. If we could do this, we'd be able to perfectly recreate many races and also avoid broken cars.

Custom Race's AI is a nice foundation. It isn't stellar, but it has quite a few interesting moves. It displays aggression (often too much) and understands defensive lines. But they're not fast nor customizable enough.

Last edited:
Custom Race needs to allow users to select AI cars. For the umpteenth time. Just realised the next FIA Nations race are only the RC F and M4 Gr.4 cars. How this option is not available in GT Sport Custom Race, I just don't know.

We've had Cayman versus Corvette Gr.4. The current Race A with Porsches only. Race C with Group C only. There has to be a button PD can press, that allow users to do the same set ups.

If we have a long wait for Gran Turismo 7, activate that function in GT Sport, if not, please, PD, "Push the button!".

From the clip above, I had to zoom in from my tv(apologies for not Screen capturing from my pc). If someone can zoom and enhance from the video, it would be appreciated.
2D338AD4-276F-40A2-A6D4-937F684D2AC0.jpeg

The BAC Mono leads the pack(to the right, off screen). Next, the 911 GT1, Zonda R, GT3 AMG(?), Supra GT500, C7(?). Can't make out the others than the 650 in the back. So, hopefully we can indeed select individual cars.

From the clip above, I had to zoom in from my tv(apologies for not Screen capturing from my pc). If someone can zoom and enhance from the video, it would be appreciated.
View attachment 1111483

The BAC Mono leads the pack(to the right, off screen). Next, the 911 GT1, Zonda R, GT3 AMG(?), Supra GT500, C7(?). Can't make out the others than the 650 in the back. So, hopefully we can indeed select individual cars.

At 8:50, "AI cars of your choice" is mentioned, which does hopefully confirm customisability of opponents, rather than "pick an NX00 division and watch us creatively ignore it"

At 8:50, "AI cars of your choice" is mentioned, which does hopefully confirm customisability of opponents, rather than "pick an NX00 division and watch us creatively ignore it"
I was thinking an option to customise by Group and PP. Since we know all cars have PP and the homologated race cars add the Gr., that allows those race cars to join PP grids.

I’m going to do Super Taikyu forever, if that’s the case.

I was thinking an option to customise by Group and PP. Since we know all cars have PP and the homologated race cars add the Gr., that allows those race cars to join PP grids.

I’m going to do Super Taikyu forever, if that’s the case.
However it works, I'm eager to find out more. I'm assuming the briefly-shown tag system may play into it, so you can set car conditions like #hybrids, #GT-R etc. to generate a list of opponents. Hopefully we can also just pick a whole custom grid from our garage and/or rentals, to set up a multiclass Variety Bucket Endurance race with some MX-5s, some sportier cars, and an F250 and Tundra to watch out for! :D

Back