Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

How the Nurburgring N24 Could (Finally) Come to Assetto Corsa Competizione

An intriguing announcement from the Stephane Ratel Organization (SRO) has raised the possibility that one of the world’s toughest endurance circuits, the Nurburgring 24hr circuit, will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione in the future...

Last edited:
little bit too late since AC2 coming soon so ACC will be abandoned I guess
maybe they will release it as last cash grab especially if same assets will be used in AC2
weird thing to me is that this game still missing some tracks like Red Bull Ring that were featured in calendar and multiple US tracks also

Even better, Kunos already has a high-quality scan of the track which features in Assetto Corsa, so it should be a comparatively swift process.
I mean this scan is hardly outdated, track changed A LOT since then but like I said they can use new AC2 assets because Nord will be featured in it no doubt

Last edited:
Great news but it might be 1 year too late. If I had any say I’d definitely add it with a price tag in the near future because I truly believe ACC fans would be frothing at their mouths for this track to be included and they’d be happy to pay for it. But Kunos may not have the dev hours to work on AC2 plus dlc for an older title. We’ll see though.

Not intrested in acc, ac2 however is different matter, i heard a rumor that ac2 could feature a garage and car mainterance it would be nice with mode that you have more progression witch the first game really lacks

What's funny is that my immediate takeaway from this isn't that the track might come to ACC, but rather than the N24 is going to be part of the IGTC next year, which is kinda concerning since this years N24 had a good number of incidents due to the speed difference between the GT3 cars and the lower classes (many of which seemed to be caused by a lack of respect from the GT3 drivers). I'm not sure if adding even more GT3 cars to the mix is a good thing in that regard...

...In any case, even though I've never played ACC, this might be encouraging to long-time fans of the game. The lateness of it all makes it seem unlikely, though.

If the GT2 pack the final send off I also hope the N24 is apart of the final send off.

Then again i wont be surprised if we get most ACC stuff into AC2. Rather than continuing support for ACC.

For a game like ACC to be still supported has to be commended I mean look at F1 its barely supported with new content while ACC got new cars and tracks. I do wish ACC featured previous GT3 cars from previous seasons like the Ferrari 458 GT3, Ferrari F430 GT3, Ferrari 430 Scuderia GT3, Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3, Mclaren MP412C GT3, Aston Martin DBRS9 and the Alpina B6 GT3

Last edited:
That’s cool. I’m more excited about this though.
IMG_2467.jpeg

Would be real nice with 30 GT4 cars(PS5, hopefully) around there.

I would much rather have Hockenheim in ACC. Nurburgring is so overrated.
Millions disagree :) On a personal note, when I visited the ring in person for a track day that become one of the best weeks in my life. The Nordschleife and the entire community around it is special in many ways.

mef
Millions disagree :) On a personal note, when I visited the ring in person for a track day that become one of the best weeks in my life. The Nordschleife and the entire community around it is special in many ways.
It’s a great track, just not for online racing in video games. It’s just a hot lap bragging rights track when used in video games.

For a game like ACC to be still supported has to be commended I mean look at F1 its barely supported with new content while ACC got new cars and tracks. I do wish ACC featured previous GT3 cars from previous seasons like the Ferrari 458 GT3, Ferrari F430 GT3, Ferrari 430 Scuderia GT3, Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3, Mclaren MP412C GT3, Aston Martin DBRS9 and the Alpina B6 GT3
Thing is, you can't really compare the two not just due to the series, but also due to how the games are handled. Yes ACC is a officially licensed title much like the F1 games are but where ACC is basically on the Triple A Live service model, F1 is a yearly release more closely related to the likes of FIFA which traditionally has that in the contract AND does not do massive post launch support due to that model (which relies more on initial sales profit purely off the mainstream fans then a prolonged game life and consistent post launch content). It's why whereas you see one ACC title with multiple content updates, there are multiple F1 titles.

Last edited:
It’s a great track, just not for online racing in video games. It’s just a hot lap bragging rights track when used in video games.
Of course it’s a race with high carnage potential But it’s not the tracks fault if players cant drive or overtake safely.

The nordschleife like no other shows how impatient ppl are, not happy to wait for the right opportunity and hence crashes happen

mef
Of course it’s a race with high carnage potential But it’s not the tracks fault if players cant drive or overtake safely.

The nordschleife like no other shows how impatient ppl are, not happy to wait for the right opportunity and hence crashes happen
Translation there are plenty of bad drivers 🤣

kjb
Translation there are plenty of bad drivers 🤣
You don't have to be a bad driver to be bad on Nordschleife. It's a very complicated track that is extremely narrow and unnecessarily long. It's a great track, but there are plenty of others I'd like to see in ACC.

It’s important to note that both Magny Cours and Hockenheim have been official tracks in the calendar of recent years and yet we only got Imola and Valencia.

Imola was only used once, whereas these two missing tracks have been used multiple years.

Personally I’d love to see Magny Cours added since its not in many race sims. Hockenheim is good too but you see it in plenty of other games.

It’s important to note that both Magny Cours and Hockenheim have been official tracks in the calendar of recent years and yet we only got Imola and Valencia.

Imola was only used once, whereas these two missing tracks have been used multiple years.

Personally I’d love to see Magny Cours added since its not in many race sims. Hockenheim is good too but you see it in plenty of other games.
Seem to remember Magny Cours couldn't be scanned because of Covid? (At least I remember reading the devs say that at the time) obviously it's a few years later so who knows why they haven't added it since.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Red Bull Ring added with the GT2 cars, they already had it scanned for AC1 so it's a possibility for that dlc.

At least you can still use old Hockenheim on PCars2, though going back to that from ACC feels a bit weird physics wise
Using new cars feels very anachronistic but at the same time a nice what if they kept Old Hockenheim preserved.

Honestly in PC2 i like doing GT1 races on it.

At the very least, there's a next gen Aston Martin Vantage GT3 debuting in 2024 which should be part of the 2024 season:

Other than that, there don't seem to be any new vehicles coming to GTWC (at least not on the site yet), so the new Mustang and Corvette GT3 cars are likely to be solely entering Le Mans next year?

Then we have the GT World Challenge 2024 calendar:
This now includes Jeddah, in addition to Hockenheim and Magny Cours which were not added in previous seasons. Assuming there are licensing issues going on for those two, we might get Jeddah perhaps?

At the very least, there's a next gen Aston Martin Vantage GT3 debuting in 2024 which should be part of the 2024 season:

Other than that, there don't seem to be any new vehicles coming to GTWC (at least not on the site yet), so the new Mustang and Corvette GT3 cars are likely to be solely entering Le Mans next year?

Then we have the GT World Challenge 2024 calendar:
This now includes Jeddah, in addition to Hockenheim and Magny Cours which were not added in previous seasons. Assuming there are licensing issues going on for those two, we might get Jeddah perhaps?

New cars are always welcome but Hockenheimring in ACC is all I want for christmas... I like it a lot and it is the main reason for me to come back to PCars 2.

I am shocked this game still has such great support, especially with AC 2 on the horizon (i wonder when we will see first glimpse of this) Love addition of Nurburgring.

I still have hope for PSVR2 support, this game would be a blast with it.

"The worst kept secret in racing games" 🤣 🤣 🤣

Super stoked though, whenever it releases.

Jerome

Back