How to be a more patient driver

  • Thread starter Thread starter sicbeing
  • 39 comments
  • 1,773 views
Nift
I'm a new member but have played GT3 off and on for a year and GT4 for a few weeks now.

As others mentioned, you have to put it down for a while. It happens. For example, in GT3, there was an exam where you had to go through these turns that kept getting smaller and smaller. I must have tried for a week to complete that thing. The longer I stayed with it, the more frustrated I got.

One evening before I went out, I turned it on while waiting for some people to pick me up. Jumped over to the test and hit it the first try. I didn't even sit down to do it.

I don't worry about golds or anything. If they happen they happen.

I did something similar with Test 15 on iB. Couldn't get round the course without losing the back end and spinning out. In the end I decided to leave it a week and come back to it. I passed it first time (although not gold) - in the end I decided that you can actually try TOO hard and this causes you to make mistakes. :)
 
makinpost
I did something similar with Test 15 on iB. Couldn't get round the course without losing the back end and spinning out. In the end I decided to leave it a week and come back to it. I passed it first time (although not gold) - in the end I decided that you can actually try TOO hard and this causes you to make mistakes. :)

In general, I try the exam once, then look at the demo a while. I view it in first person mode and pause everytime the car brakes, studying the exact point where the brake was applied. I use the ghost as well.

I forgot to mention make sure the controller you use is not beat to hell either. After a while the contact points on the buttons wear.
 
jamaican
i hate the GT4 failing song 🤬

i'm very short-tempered myself, but i've learnt to not get upset anymore.

i remember going to bed one night, i left my brother in-law in the living room playing tiger woods pga. when i came back downstairs in the morning the controller was ripped from out of the socket and wires were sticking out everywhere, and one of the buttons were mashed / crushed... i think is was L2 :nervous:


HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA ROFLMAO:lol::lol::lol:
Tiger Woods is a game that calms me lol....
 
un_peacekeeper
you are forgetting late-apex corners.

Question: isn't it typical to be that close to the wall? sometimes i m even closer.



The point in this video is to show how important is the entry. Most people only focus on the apex & the exit. You might say, yeah I'm taking it outside, but the question is, is it enough outside? Compare yourself with the demo might help to see the difference. But those who have highspeed, I recommend to watch the fastest laps made by users of GTP & compare it to your own replay lap.

...the closest is your entry, the better is your exit. radius lines shall be round & the faster is your time. Bigger it is the more stable your are...
 
yeah, i know how to drive, gold a lot of stuff too, but still got some silvers that needs golding. but im just pointing out that you're still forgetting about the late-apex corners and that being as close to the wall is pretty much a given.

oh and i golded everything and 100% in GT3 that you demostrated, there is quite a difference in GT4 and GT3 physics. still haven't got the time to really complete GT4 tho.
 
un_peacekeeper
yeah, i know how to drive, gold a lot of stuff too, but still got some silvers that needs golding. but im just pointing out that you're still forgetting about the late-apex corners and that being as close to the wall is pretty much a given.

oh and i golded everything and 100% in GT3 that you demostrated, there is quite a difference in GT4 and GT3 physics. still haven't got the time to really complete GT4 tho.

Which License you need to gold in GT4?

I might be able to answer the problem of those one. :)
 
i still got races to do too, don't remember which, when i get the time, i will do it.
 
Flerbizky
Well.. If cheating can make you feel better about yourself, please carry on...

the license tests never reflected the actual difficulty of the game.

all throughout the GT games, the tarmac tests were ridiculously hard while the rally tests were ridiculously easy.

the actual races are nothing like the tests.

tarmac races are stupidly easy even in underpowered stock cars while the rally races require grandmaster skills to do well in.

the only exception is swiss alps because it's actually WIDE enough to race on (it can't be normal when you can take a truck and win because you were too wide for the track).

the missions are basically abstract license tests which teach you how to deal with the POS traction control. the later ones test your patience at sitting on your ass 5 times in a row for over half a minute.

not to mention the 24h races which actually DO last 24h. the AI is bad but it's even worse in endurance races where it can't deal with the low grip of hard compounds to save its life.

in the end it's nothing more than a tedious/boring 24h time-trial.

i'd rather skip the bs and actually have fun.
 
sicbeing
......I ended up taking a hammer to my disc, and now I cant play GT3 anymore.

It was dumb, sure.

Hmmmm, if, at no point in between fetching the hammer, and attacking a 3mm thick plastic disc with said hammer, did the thought occur to you that perhaps the disc would not triumph in this battle, and you would not be able to use the disc ever again, then you don't have a patience issue, just, as you said, a dumbness issue!

What were you expecting? In the time it took to bring down the hammer, that the disc may unexpectedly grow a diamond-shell and cause the hammerhead to shatter on impact?

Go and get some therapy. If you have this kind of rage at a non-violent videogame now, just imagine what'll happen when you grow up and face real life frustrations in your chosen career. You'll be one of those folks that takes an Uzi into the office because someone left their coffee mug in your spot!:scared:
 
Back