How to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport mode

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Haitauer, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Haitauer

Haitauer

I just drop this here and suggest admins to pin somekind of an explanation of DR system as PDI fails to explain it to players in game. You made a good story about it earlier. Maybe pin that one.

Try to embrace the genius sport mode match making. Not only are you racing against your own level/league, you are advancing if you manage finishing top half and above your racing number.

I have let my self understand this:
    You qualify to a race at grid #14 out of 20, and your door number stands #8. Finnish top 10 and you get +DR. Finnish top 7 the higher the better, and you get ++DR as your DR ranking among the grid is 8th. That way you can be very happy finishing 5th as you know you have beaten drivers ranked above you.

This even gives you satisfaction in finishing 13th in a tough race with door #18.. :cheers:

Correct me if im wrong

sturk0167 and Alpha Cipher like this.
  2. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor Premium

I try to enjoy it by coming out the other end with a clean race. Other than that, not bothering to qualify much, starting further back when the right combo comes along.

ongias25, I-Runner and Haitauer like this.
  3. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Who is "you"?

VBR, Alpha Cipher and bmxmitch like this.
  4. DJCarlos

DJCarlos

Ok here's a question that's been bugging me - where does your door number come from? I assumed it was your place on the grid?

5. bmxmitch

bmxmitch

I always thought the door number is your actual DR points compared to the rest of the field. The highest DR gets #1 and so on.
    So if I have the #8 and start on place 12, I didnt do that good in Qualifying. But if I manage to get place 6 in the race, I gain some DR points because I was faster than 2 people with higher DR points. ;)

Btw, my personal challenge is to beat as much meta cars as possible in an underrated/underused car. Break the meta :p

vvise, iM3GTR, Haitauer and 3 others like this.
  6. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Famine. He wrote the DR article

Haitauer likes this.
  7. DJShadesUK

DJShadesUK

"Racing number" is nonsense. I was dominating some races, from pole, at Interlagos (must have been a quiet day! :lol:) and I kept being given numbers towards the lower end.

BallPtPenTheif likes this.
  8. Haitauer

Haitauer

Who ever wrote the story. Famine ive been told.

That also very respectable goal and good fun. :cheers:

That happens when you are on you strong track. Low DR compared to fast qualitime give you pole and #18, as match making is some combination of DR and qualifying :tup:

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  9. Haitauer

Haitauer

Exactly what i was trying to say. :cheers::lol:

Sorry for double post.. Problem with multi quote.. :O

bmxmitch likes this.
  10. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

This happens when DR C and D are added to the mix, because somehow PD thinks 7501-9999 DR is more than the maximum 75000 DR

DriftMethod likes this.
  11. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

Agreed. I've seen no correlation between my DR, my qualifying time, my position, and my car door number. I've consistently been in Low DR B for awhile so I know where my times should be and who I should be beating. Being 11th place and getting a number 3 door number makes no sense and though I've only gotten pole position a handful of times, my number was always random and higher than the #5.

The only way I've viewed the DR progression is that I will only get points for passing DR B and higher. So I qualify, to try and start above DR C so that all of my passes yield points.

12. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

How to enjoy, don't worry about DR!

13. John Crellin

John Crellin

Door number come from the alphabetical sorting by DR number not numerical order. The priority goes by first digit then the following digits. So it would go something like this:

1. 999
    2. 88
    3. 75000
    4. 68000
    5. 30000
    Etc

So if there are DR D or DRC in your room it messes up the order and the door number becomes meaningless

14. Haitauer

Haitauer

Crap.. If thats true it breaks the logic and should be fixed asap. I assume change from alphabet to numerical is not much of a coding task..

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  15. Sander 001

Sander 001

Yup that’s what I did because I only do FIA, choosing McLaren. It’s not a great car but I made some cool liveries so I thought why not?

I did pretty bad but for McLaren it was good enough to get me to S/S!

DriftMethod likes this.
  16. iM3GTR

iM3GTR

That's a good idea. Before I heard of Kudosprime, I was enjoying the game much more than currently. Now I can't help myself refresh it after each race and see how it changed, which is probably a bad idea.

Today for instance, I was having fun racing the F-Type and 650S in a field of just Meganes, but the last two races didn't go so well and I checked my DR and it was lower than it was yesterday which really annoyed me, even though the racing itself was enjoyable. I should really start taking this game less seriously.

17. darth_tails

darth_tails

These are wise words which is why in my quest for a top three on La Sarthe today I shall not be looking at my stats at all until I achieve my objective.

18. Outspacer

Outspacer

It is true, and indeed it surely wouldn't take much to fix it. It's just cosmetic though; DR changes aren't worked out from door numbers. It doesn't matter where you start, only where you finish.

For every pair of racers in the race, the winner of the two gains (DRloser - DRwinner) / 500 + 80 and the loser of the two loses the same amount. It's limited so the winner doesn't lose points or gain more than 160.

It works out that whatever you would score for winning the race, each place down from that scores 160 DR points less.

Also, there's this:

In other words, if your DR is higher than the average for the race, you'll need to finish proportionally higher than the middle to avoid losing DR.

19. Baliwa

Baliwa

The best answer is already come :sly:

Well I suggest you to check it in every week only so you can predict and reflect what happen over the week, it much better than check it every race. If you messed up just stop, if you starting not enjoy just stop after race too.

20. O604

O604

I enjoy it with coffee. No joke.

Instead of go, go, go all the time. I'll stop for coffee, put the game on pause, watch a replay, etc...

I like nothing better than having a slow cup of coffee, watching cars go fast.

Dairyworker, Baliwa and Alpha Cipher like this.
  21. Vader86

Vader86

Best way is to drink beer and just race and not worry about ratings.

GreenT and The Cake like this.
  22. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

I still track it most of the time, just out of curiosity what finish position correlates to points gained and lost in different mixed rooms. I've lost points finishing 2nd and gained points finishing 15th. Yet if it's lower today, more chance it will be up tomorrow!

it's no fun being stuck against the cap anyway. For example take Zelda, once your rupees are maxed there's no fun in picking up any more. You got to lose some first to enjoy gaining again. It does seem many people think that way about SR though rather than DR :lol:

23. Boedefeld

Boedefeld

Don’t drink and drive ;)

24. ASH32

ASH32

That's probably not the best for everyone you are racing against, unless you only have a couple or something. ;)

_ApexPredator likes this.
  25. Hossnight1

Hossnight1

Door number means nothing i think : for example on an FIA Race 2 weeks ago i was door 20 - Started 18th - finished 12th
    and i lose DR points... :confused:

26. Sander 001

Sander 001

I don’t even care about my DR. Well okay that’s a lie but the only thing I care about is maintaining my S rank but it’s binary, either it stays or goes. I was shocked to get it in the first place so if I lose it, well I’m just glad I ever had it once upon a time!

What I really care about is keeping my McLaren on the road and that’s already difficult enough without clowns trying to punt me off! And now the penalties are lighter? Great, at least I have some replays saved so I can watch those.

27. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Thank you for the clarification :)

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  28. The Cake

The Cake

When u can smoke and fly?

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  29. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

No Penalties=Good
    "Blue" SR= Better