How to get the M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic (if you have not installed post-1.05 Hotfixes)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 170 comments
So, what do I do if I use a wireless internet connection? My parents won't let me turn off the home's router. Am I not able to get the car then? I haven't updated yet and Frozen Black isn't an option for the M4. So do I need to install 1.05 to get that paint?

So, what do I do if I use a wireless internet connection? My parents won't let me turn off the home's router. Am I not able to get the car then? I haven't updated yet and Frozen Black isn't an option for the M4. So do I need to install 1.05 to get that paint?
Delete all updates. Update to 1.05. When asked to download hot fixes press circle. Go to BMW dealership and buy M4 Frozens. ??? Profit

@CallmeDan If you haven't downloaded yet, I believe all you have to do is update, and then decline the hot fix update. I think. Get someone to clarify it before you do it 👍

@CallmeDan If you haven't downloaded yet, I believe all you have to do is update, and then decline the hot fix update. I think. Get someone to clarify it before you do it 👍

Well, can somebody clarify if that will work? Also, what do the hot fixes do? Am I missing out on something if I disable it?

Well, can somebody clarify if that will work? Also, what do the hot fixes do? Am I missing out on something if I disable it?
If y decline the hot fix, then the car will stay in the garage. Still waiting on someone to clarify

The hot fixes , or one of them, remove the Frozen Black BMW, which is why you want to decline those. Once you buy the car, save your game, quit, then restart, and accept the hot fixes.

Edit: slow typing is slow.

MMX
The hot fixes , or one of them, remove the Frozen Black BMW, which is why you want to decline those. Once you buy the car, save your game, quit, then restart, and accept the hot fixes.
This @CallmeDan 👍 thanks for clarifying!!! :cheers:

MMX

Edit: slow typing is slow.

I got a message asking if I want to install the update. Is this the hotfix I have to decline?

Yes. Decline it and buy the M4 Frozen. Once you buy X amount of them you quit to XMB and enter GT6 again. It'll ask you to download the hot fixes. Do that and you're done.

Well, I decided to hit "no" just in case.

I now have 16 Frozen Black M4s. 15 of them are there for use as possible trade items in the future, although I might duplicate them. The 16th M4 is my car. I feel kinda special owning them. :lol:

Sort of like a limited-edition car. Like 1 of 50 made or something. :P

EDIT: Just saw your post @ProjectWHaT

There were 2 ninja updates affected M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic:
1) removed M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic from dealerships for everyone except thos who participated competition.
2) removed this car from dealerships even for those who participated and then gave them M4 as a prize car.

Now, no one has M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic in dealerships.
At least how it's happened to me (Asian account, participated in competition)

Wow, just noticed it's been 2 months since this has been discovered and no official word from PD about this car for other countries excluding Japan.

So then that just confirms my thoughts that GT is just for Japan, and profit elsewhere...

Explain how "GT is just for Japan, and profit elsewhere" just because of a competition in Asia setup by PD as requested by BMW Japan.

They seem to get a lot more stuff than the rest of us
Apart from the Frozen Metallic M4 (which all the Asian regions got, not just Japan), what do they have that we don't?

Jesus, what's with the hullabaloo over this car? It's the exact same car everyone can buy in a different colour.

Back