How to get the M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic (if you have not installed post-1.05 Hotfixes)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 170 comments
Canada
Canada
1) Download and install the 1.05 patch.

2) Do not install any hotfixes. [To be safe I unplugged my internet cable from the PS3 during the 1.05 installation process. NOT the downloading process!]

3) Load up GT6 in offline mode.

4) Go to the BMW dealership and purchase the special M4 colour located next to the old M4. [Purchase several if you like. ;)]

5) It is now safe to Reboot the game and install the hotfixes, upon which the special M4 can no longer be purchased but you will still have the ones you purchased. :sly:

What's the difference between that car and just picking the M4 that's already there? I did the fixes and the frozen black metallic comes up as a color choice....

What's the difference between that car and just picking the M4 that's already there? I did the fixes and the frozen black metallic comes up as a color choice....

Odd. The hotfix removes the car from the dealership on my game, but does not add the color to the remaining M4. The difference is a matte finish.

Thankfully I read of the hotfix early enough to grab the car before updating.

Yeah, I did as the OP did. Now I've gotten all the updates Frozen (BMW-speak for Matte) Black is not an option in the dealership for the standard M4.

But whats actually the difference besides the color? Can you tune it more? If its the same, then its pretty much worthless isnt it?

Sorry to ask but can someone be kind enough to show a video on how to get it I'm quite a dumba$$ when it comes to technology and tutorials.

I guess it's a good thing I read about this before realizing there's a second micro-update. Strange of them to include a "new car" then take it out; seems like a hefty oversight. I wonder if this is indeed going to be used for a Seasonal Event.

In any case, I bought six of them and threw them in my Stockyard. They make for nice collectables~

Just wanted to show the differences between Matte Black(Lexus LFA) and Frozen Black. I've picked up a few extra M4's for safekeeping before doing the hot fix.

Syracuse_4.jpg
Syracuse_1.jpg
Syracuse_2.jpg

But whats actually the difference besides the color? Can you tune it more? If its the same, then its pretty much worthless isnt it?
Completely untuneable; all you can do is change the rubber. I got one last night before the hotfix, thinking this might've been the case, but I was highly disappointed.

Hmm... I'm not sure about getting this car. It looks sweet, but I don't know whether I'll get banned for having it, it'll corrupt my gamesave or some other crap.

Don't think you'd get banned so much. But the black seems the best color, gonna do it right now.

Eh, you're right. They probably won't ban me for having a vehicle that is identical to the standard M4 apart from a unique color.

Eh, you're right. They probably won't ban me for having a vehicle that is identical to the standard M4 apart from a unique color.
The question is, if you update and try to sell the car does it get confused like the VGT update?

Does the paint chip show up in your inventory after buying it, or is there even a paint chip at all?

Successfully got my paws on 4 total FBM M4's (2 per account.)

Will use it at some point this weekend, only on because of the patch.

1) Download and install the 1.05 patch.

2) Do not install any hotfixes. [To be safe I unplugged my internet cable from the PS3 during the 1.05 installation process. NOT the downloading process!]

3) Load up GT6 in offline mode.

4) Go to the BMW dealership and purchase the special M4 colour located next to the old M4. [Purchase several if you like. ;)]

5) It is now safe to Reboot the game and install the hotfixes, upon which the special M4 can no longer be purchased but you will still have the ones you purchased. :sly:
So I download the update and then shut my system off. Then I get the m4 and reboot and I should have it?

So I download the update and then shut my system off. Then I get the m4 and reboot and I should have it?

He never said to shut off your system...

1) Download 1.05

2) When it's installing (after it's downloaded); turn your internet off (router/modem) so it can't ask you to download the hotfix afterwards.

3) Load into the game, get the BMW.

4) Save, then quit game.

5) Turn your router/modem back on. You can now download the hotfix and go online as you wish.

It can't get simpler than that.

I bought one already but I didn't know they had released a hotfix to remove it.

So I just went back and bought three more. Thanks, guys. :cheers:

Bought 2 Frozen Black M4s by signing out before the prompt to download the ninja patches appeared.

Back