How to make humps and bumps in the track?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi

I made a few tracks, but they are pretty much flat.
I played someone elses track and it has loads of hills and humps all over it.
How did he do this!?

Thanks

Also, the 'tree' 'city' 'rock' legend selector, what does it do!?
It appears to do absolutely nothing for me.

Check out the "Height Maps from the APK" thread, in there you will find topographical maps of the regions. Using afore mentioned maps place track way points as closely as allowed over height variations. This forces linear track lengths to have elevation changes manifesting without gradual subtle slopes but rather abrupt rises and falls. Please let me know if this is helpful.

Hi

I made a few tracks, but they are pretty much flat.
I played someone elses track and it has loads of hills and humps all over it.
How did he do this!?

Thanks

Also, the 'tree' 'city' 'rock' legend selector, what does it do!?
It appears to do absolutely nothing for me.

Version 1.0.1 of the Track Path Editor app had a different interpolation mode between the anchors, which gave the road a wave-shape if you placed the anchors close to each other (and at different elevation). In 1.0.2 the interpolation mode changed and is now much smoother. I don't know if 1.0.1 is still obtainable?

The 'tree' 'city' 'rock' legend selector shows the areas on the map where there are forests, cities and rocks. Placing the track in a 'tree' area will create trees by the track edges, and placing it in a 'rock' area might create rock formations (although it's more rare than the trees). Placing the track in or near a 'city' area on the Andalusia map will sometimes create a restaurant with parking spaces on the track edge, similar to what you can see at Circuito de la Sierra.

Check out the "Height Maps from the APK" thread, in there you will find topographical maps of the regions. Using afore mentioned maps place track way points as closely as allowed over height variations. This forces linear track lengths to have elevation changes manifesting without gradual subtle slopes but rather abrupt rises and falls. Please let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I can't find the Height Map Thread though, perhaps it was deleted.

Oh just found it by google.
Thanks I'll have a look.

My first track Forest Speedway has great elavation changes with a jump at end of straight if you don't brake. However, using same track and starting point I've struggled to get same effect. In fact the sickener appears to be it's far easier to make jumps on a curve which ruins the flow too often. I'm going to experiment with anchor points after reading your post. Appreciated.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I can't find the Height Map Thread though, perhaps it was deleted.

Oh just found it by google.
Thanks I'll have a look.
The first Eiffel option is the one with most jumps. There is one starting point that's among the hills that gives you jumps and swoops if you get anchors in right place BUT my first track Forest Speedway, on map I mention, had jump at end of straight, swoops and hills yet when I tried to replicate that specific jump I really struggled. But elevation isn't a problem.
Gave a look and you'll see the problem and the good stuff too.
Forest Speedway with jump,

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Hamonrye333/course/1857096/

Same starting point, same elevations but different anchors-look how different it becomes!

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Hamonrye333/course/1879435/

These two make anchor importance even more obvious. They are virtually identical but look how different they drive!!
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Hamonrye333/course/1927148/
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Hamonrye333/course/1982232/

Any probs downloading just send a friend request to Hamonrye333 Let me know if how anchors work for you, there are fickle things...

Thanks
Whats an anchor?

Are you using the Track Editor?
You have to be, because you stated that in your First post that you made a track...

Every time you Click and place the end of a track section, that's called an Anchor point......
Each Track Section has a Start Anchor and End Anchor.
Place or Edit / Move the Anchor points as close together Over a Height change in the map.

The Track will then Change Height Between these two closely spaced Anchor points..
If you Spread them far apart, the Height is very gradual, not Abrupt, like it will be with CLOSELY placed Anchor point.

A lot can be Learned if you take the time to read all the Posts....
And Yes, I do Mean Take the time to read them...
Start at the very First Post and read All OF them...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/height-maps-from-the-apk.336865/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/modified-track-path-editor-tracks-discussion.337816/

That's how everyone else learns...
Someone takes the time to Post and Share what they know, and you have to take the time to read it!

Actually after the latest update to the app you can't make bumpy tracks with anchor positioning anymore. So 90% of the discussion might be invalid.

That depends on what you're looking for from your bumps.
Well, I once played a user made track that was kind of like a roller coaster
I wish I could have downloaded it.
It wasn't crazy and over the top jumps, but the track undulated so much is was like giving the game a new dimension - try to master the undulating bends and keep grip, occasionally jumping, but not much.

Anyone know of such a track?

Some other humpy tracks I've tried have been too over the top for me though.

Back