how to post a new thread in the forum??

• Thread starter bejon
  • 18 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hello,
I just signed up, I cannot find how to create/post a thread. Only on this help page I can find this. How do I post a new thread on the gt sport forum?

You have to have # of post before you can make a new thread in the forum.

Last edited:
No, when I click post new thread on the gt sport forum, I come to a place where I can create a new thread which I have done 3 times now. but I cannot post it there, there is no 'Post new thread' button on that page! There should be a button like the one down here 'post reply', but there isn't!

No, when I click post new thread on the gt sport forum, I come to a place where I can create a new thread which I have done 3 times now. but I cannot post it there, there is no 'Post new thread' button on that page!
It's called "Create Thread" in both the GT Sport forum and this, the Site Support forum.

createthread1.jpg

No you don't.
Was this changed recently?
I remember awhile back a mod saying something about new members needed X amount of posts before they can make a new thread, it had to do with reducing spam bots making threads. I couldn't find the post now, all I can find is a thread from 2010/11 talking about there needs to be min. post count to make a thread and new members first post must approved by a mod.

Was this changed recently?
I remember awhile back a mod saying something about new members needed X amount of posts before they can make a new thread, it had to do with reducing spam bots making threads. I couldn't find the post now, all I can find is a thread from 2010/11 talking about there needs to be min. post count to make a thread and new members first post must approved by a mod.
I remember something like that too if my memory is still good.

It may have been a temporary measure put in place during various GT releases when there were new threads every second!

As you're browsing through there @SlipZtrEm , I remember that years ago, it was possible to see who was browsing any thread when we were browsing the concerned thread too. It was at the bottom of the page iirc.
No way to set this option in the new gtp software?

As you're browsing through there @SlipZtrEm , I remember that years ago, it was possible to see who was browsing any thread when we were browsing the concerned thread too. It was at the bottom of the page iirc.
No way to set this option in the new gtp software?
No, that's not supported by our current software platform.

Well that is awkward. So I. Need to spend my time posting things I’m not particularly interested in before I can post the reason I joined in the first place. Marvelous

Well that is awkward. So I. Need to spend my time posting things I’m not particularly interested in before I can post the reason I joined in the first place. Marvelous
Nope. This was not true at the time, still is not true, and has never been true. And one of the site admins pointed it out in direct response.

I know this because it was me:

No you don't.

Ok then HOW DO I CREATE A NEW THREAD
Just for future reference for anyone who might click on this thread:

1650210337876.png

In any sub-forum (this is the GT7 one) you can either click the green button in the top-right corner to go to a dedicated Create New Thread screen, or start to type the title for your new thread in the Create New Thread bar to open an inline new thread creation box.

Back