How to Save and Load Daily Race Qualifying Laps/Ghosts

GrumpyOldMan

Premium
United States
Southern California
dagware
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I wanted a separate thread so it's easy to find.

Sharing a QT Ghost:

Save your best replay lap as usual:
1677520175017.png

If you remember, click the Share button here:
1677520295399.png

But if you don't remember, go to Showcase and share it from there:
1677520417417.png

1677520491404.png

Enter the information about your QT:
1677520691850.png

Indicate what car you're using in the Title. Add a Search Tag of "gtp" for GTPlanet, and "gtp9" to indicate what week it is - this week is 9, next is 10, etc. If you're not sure which week it is, just ask here.

Now it's available for other people to use.

Loading a Shared QT Ghost:

Go to Showcase:
1677521301123.png

1. Content Search
  2. Replays
  3. Optionally narrow the search by Current Car, etc.
  4. Enter keyword "gtp" or "gtp9" if you know the week number
  5. Click "Content Search"
Click the replay you want:
View attachment 1235043

Click "Collection":
1677521659827.png

Now go back to your Qualifying race, and Load a Ghost:
1677521809970.png

Click the "Collection" tab on top:
1677521943672.png

And select the Ghost:
1677522013177.png

Don't forget that you can have ghosts "reset" at the start of each section. If the ghost is just too fast for you, this helps. And yes, it appears PD fixed this so it works consistently now. Knock on wood.
1677522172061.png

Hope this helps.

Honestly its really easy to share and also load up a ghost. Takes seconds in reality. You can even search and add to your collection on the Gran Turismo web page.

Last edited:
That seems like a lot of work. :lol:
Nah - it was work documenting it, but it's easy to do. I documented it step-by-step because that's how I used to write end-user documentation back in my programming days, 'cause everyone knows end-users are stupid. :lol: (Just kidding, everyone.)

Nah - it was work documenting it, but it's easy to do. I documented it step-by-step because that's how I used to write end-user documentation back in my programming days, 'cause everyone knows end-users are stupid. :lol: (Just kidding, everyone.)
I did always wonder how some people had replays for view and others didn't. But yea, following Z28's ghost doesn't do me much good because it's gone by T2 and then I got nothin'. :lol:

I did always wonder how some people had replays for view and others didn't. But yea, following Z28's ghost doesn't do me much good because it's gone by T2 and then I got nothin'. :lol:
I don't think this affects whether there's a replay available on the leaderboard, but I could be wrong.

Don't forget that you can have the ghost reset it's position at the start of each section. That used to not work, but PD fixed it.

Back